#1   advice please about my main page nicked by another league
redirect
CZ Newbie
redirect has been a member for over 18 year's 18 Year Member
uk.gif
Fav. Sports Team: manchester united
0.00 posts per day
 Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
i think im asking in the correct section.....

i do main pages for a few league ran at flyordie.com , one i have done is for stb league - [ Register or login to view links on this board. ] - you get redirected to [ Register or login to view links on this board. ] - now theres a new league thats just come out, ran by under 16 year old i think, and they have nicked my main page and edited it a bit - [ Register or login to view links on this board. ] - which redirects to [ Register or login to view links on this board. ] - the report n jump boxes still point to stb league, lol... surely they cant do this ? i dont want to go complaining to myleague unless they will do anything about it... i know there busy ppl so i wont bother them about it... yet, so does anyone know if anything can be done about this ?

Back to top Reply with quote
#2   re: advice please about my main page nicked by another leagu
Kelly_Hero
PayPal Donation
CZ Revered Member
 Codezwiz Site Donator
Kelly_Hero has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
usa.gif southcarolina.gif
0.50 posts per day

Yep, it's a RIP! I know how you feel. It's happened to us several times. icon_neutral.gif

(I'm moving this to the Hall of Shame, along with the other lamers who have no creativity of their own and have to resort to "borrowing" from others.)

First, you need to contact the Head Admin via email and ask them to take the ripped pages down. This usually works. Once they realize they've been busted, they'll usually take down the evidence. If they refuse to take them down, you can file an admin complaint to Cases, although I'm not too sure Cases will get involved. You could also file a complaint to their hosting company. If the hosting company is a reputable company, they'll have a policy about copyright infringement and bandwidth theft and they'll yank the site down.

Replacing the images that are being pulled from your server as you have done is a good start too.

Good luck! Let us know how it turns out!

#3   re: advice please about my main page nicked by another leagu
redirect
CZ Newbie
redirect has been a member for over 18 year's 18 Year Member
uk.gif
Fav. Sports Team: manchester united
0.00 posts per day
 Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
like i said in my first post, the league is ran by kids, there nothing but mouth and dont know how to have a civalised convo, ive had trouble with most the admins in there league im admin at now, the kid that actually did there page joined the league im in today and i told him i didnt like them using my work, he said he only took the free sign up box from my page, thats the kinda idiots im dealing with lol, i know for sure asking the ha will do nothing apart from the usuall abuse they come out with, i didnt think myleague would do anything and i wont bother them with this. there even using the room stb use, i think stb admin are dealing with getting rid of them now, but they think they own the place and can use anyroom they want, i really dont think there league will last long anyway the way they running it, so for now ill jus leave things as they are. can i ask, if you know, how would i go about making a complaint to the hosting company you mentioned they got the page with, i wouldnt know where to start with something like that icon_rolleyes.gif .

thanks for your help kelly

Staffie
CZ Revered Member
 Codezwiz Site Donator
Staffie has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
uk.gif
0.19 posts per day

Well the first thing to do would be look through their host sites page to see if they have a terms of use page. If they clearly state that that they do not tolerate copyright infringement then just contact them via any means necessary and point out what has happened.

BUT i just tried to view what i thought was the hosts main page and it gave me loads of errors icon_mad.gif

<< View previous topic View next topic >>

Jump to