Share: Del.icio.us  Digg  Google  Spurl  Blink  Furl  Y! MyWeb  
#1   I would like to request a Custom Module
Colossus610
CZ Super Newbie
Colossus610 has been a member for over 19 year's 19 Year Member
usa.gif illinois.gif
0.01 posts per day
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
i would like to know if i could hire Codewiz to provide a custom module for PHPNuke . Basically I think it would work well as a hack of the Your Account module allowing extra fields but formatted for a small Computer repair stores' service ticket system.
And how much would be charged?
I know you would need more info than that but I didnt want to create an immense forum post.
I already have some general templates and the form input pages that would be used, I just need someone savvy with the database field input and such.
If there is any interest in this you can contact me at my email. [ Register or login to view links on this board.]

Back to top Reply with quote
Staffie
CZ Revered Member
 Codezwiz Site Donator
Staffie has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
uk.gif
0.19 posts per day

Should not be a problem, use this link:
[ Register or login to view links on this board. ]

Contact the web design department with a detailed description of what u need and they will get back to you with all relevant info.

#3   re: I would like to request a Custom Module
Colossus610
CZ Super Newbie
usa.gif illinois.gif
0.01 posts per day
I have already posted a request using that system last night, and during the interim I have take the liberty of jotting down some ideas and a template or two using the PHPNuke Site Tools module creator.
The general ideas I have added to this module on my project site that i use for trying stuff out.

[ Register or login to view links on this board.]

I think this would be a good module base for smaller businesses to use as a service ticket management system, but it would be no small task. whoever accepted this would have their work cut out for them, but I'm sure there would be a market for a module of this type.It's one of the few things I haven't seen for PHPNUke. All sorts of service related businesses could use something like this.

We are a small computer repair/upgrade and new system store with 6 employees looking to replace our aging database system(which only runs on Win98 or older) with a newer system. Since my boss has been considering starting up a website and possibly an eBay store, I figure why not use PHPNuke to manage both? At least be a solid base for growth?

I dont know how the whole ownership/copyright issues would work, but I would see no problems paying someone for it's creation(If the price is right, thank Bob Barker), and then just letting you guys or whoever do with it as they please. As long as I get first crack at it for the new site my boss wants to start up.

these are just some brainstorms I have gone thru with my supervisor that he seems to like, there will be some smaller modifications.
Once again, i need someone to do the proper database management, user/admin permissions and PHPNuke integration coding, as I do not know enough to do it myself. Once the more essential code is written for the new service ticket posting and stuff, I could do all the little detail work myself. Like the theme/layout/prettyification stuff.

#4   re: I would like to request a Custom Module
Kelly_Hero
PayPal Donation
CZ Revered Member
 Codezwiz Site Donator
Kelly_Hero has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
usa.gif southcarolina.gif
0.50 posts per day

I can't speak for Telli since I'm not Telli...lol, and I'm sure that he will answer your email, but from my recent conversations with him, I can tell you that he is extremely busy now. Posting your request here in the Rialto is probably the best thing you could do so that someone else who has the time and ability may see your post and give you a shout.

Good Luck!!

#5   re: I would like to request a Custom Module
gotcha
CZ Newbie
 Codezwiz Site Donator
gotcha has been a member for over 19 year's 19 Year Member
usa.gif
0.00 posts per day

If telli doesn't have time to do this, I'll take it on!
You can contact me at ztgotcha -at- hotmail -dot- com

#6   re: I would like to request a Custom Module
Colossus610
CZ Super Newbie
usa.gif illinois.gif
0.01 posts per day
I have already posted thru the contact system and I think that is how I came to his attention, he contacted me and stated that if I dont mind waiting he could furnish a quote.
Which is fine by me, but if anyone else is curious feel free to check out the generic module I have created on my project site with some of the requirements and ideas to date, and let me know if there are any ideas or suggestions anyone else may have for this.

Does this post display in a scrolling text box for anyone else?

#7   Re: re: I would like to request a Custom Module
Colossus610
CZ Super Newbie
usa.gif illinois.gif
0.01 posts per day

Originally posted by Colossus610 @ Fri May 13, 2005 5:26 am:

I have already posted thru the contact system and I think that is how I came to his attention, he contacted me and stated that if I dont mind waiting he could furnish a quote.
Which is fine by me, but if anyone else is curious feel free to check out the generic module I have created on my project site with some of the requirements and ideas to date, and let me know if there are any ideas or suggestions anyone else may have for this.

Does this post display in a scrolling text box for anyone else?

Add To: Del.icio.us  Digg  Google  Spurl  Blink  Furl  Y! MyWeb  
<< View previous topic View next topic >>

Jump to