Help defining some colors in PHP-nuke 7.9 in the forums.

<< View previous topic View next topic >>
Share: Del.icio.us  Digg  Google  Spurl  Blink  Furl  Y! MyWeb  
#1   Help defining some colors in PHP-nuke 7.9 in the forums.
opiespank
CZ Newbie
opiespank has been a member for over 17 year's 17 Year Member
0.00 posts per day

Hello,

I am trying to finish up my site but I can not get certain colors to show up correctly. I don't know where they are defined.

Here is a pic of what I am needing help changing. Most of it is font colors, but at the top I want the white background to be dark blue. Under that I want the font to be white for pretty much everything else.

[ Register or login to view links on this board.]

I found in the posting_body.tpl where I can change the color of the buttons, but it only works on a few of them, not all of them. bathtub, the buttons don't even have to be dark blue. I don't care what color the background of the buttons are. Any help would be appreciated

Thanks,

Opie.

Back to top Reply with quote
#2   re: Help defining some colors in PHP-nuke 7.9 in the forums.
Kelly_Hero
PayPal Donation
CZ Revered Member
 Codezwiz Site Donator
Kelly_Hero has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
usa.gif southcarolina.gif
0.50 posts per day

If your theme came with a stylesheet, check it to see what elements are styled there. If a page element is not styled within that stylesheet, it will look to the forums.css file for the default style, so try that one too.

If you use Firefox, check out the Firebug extension. It's great for figuring out what styles are controlling your page elements. Choose the inspect tab, hover over the element and it will show you all of the CSS affecting the element and tell you in what stylesheet it's defined. It's great for debugging when your styles aren't playing right. LOL

#3   re: Help defining some colors in PHP-nuke 7.9 in the forums.
opiespank
CZ Newbie
opiespank has been a member for over 17 year's 17 Year Member
0.00 posts per day

I got firebug, it has helped alot. They are not defined in a stylesheet that I can figure out. I have just been hacking up subblue template. For the most part I found the variables in the .tbl files, but had to hard code them because I could not find where they were coming from.

I believe I got all of my colors correct except for the review text when you are replying to a post. I can not find where to change the black font color to something lighter.

If anyone is wondering here is what I have changed so far.

This changed the bold, italics, etc buttons. I just added "color:#FFFFFF;" in the style.
<input type="button" class="button" accesskey="b" name="addbbcode0" value=" B " style="font-weight:bold; color:#FFFFFF; width: 30px" onClick="bbstyle(0)" onMouseOver="helpline('b')" />

In the file overall_header.tpl, i found the area to change and I defined the color I needed. In the following I defined the background color instead of having it referenced somewhere, ie. "#FFFFFF" instead of "{T_TR_COLOR1}"

/* The main submit button option */
input.mainoption {
   background-color : #FFFFFF;
   font-weight : bold;

That is about all I have done so far. Like I said earlier, I can't find where to change the font color of the review text at the bottom when you are replying to a post.

Add To: Del.icio.us  Digg  Google  Spurl  Blink  Furl  Y! MyWeb  
<< View previous topic View next topic >>

Jump to