<< View previous topic View next topic >>
Share: Del.icio.us  Digg  Google  Spurl  Blink  Furl  Y! MyWeb  
#1   HELP
asgsoft
CZ Super Newbie
asgsoft has been a member for over 19 year's 19 Year Member
egypt.gif
0.00 posts per day

I have three questions. How can i make a PS LAYOUT into a webpage that is fully useful.

Also what size is best for layouts?

Finally Where can i get good graphics for two boxers. each boxer as a diffrent image?

Thanks in advanced.

Back to top Reply with quote
#2   re: HELP
Kelly_Hero
PayPal Donation
CZ Revered Member
 Codezwiz Site Donator
Kelly_Hero has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
usa.gif southcarolina.gif
0.50 posts per day

There are tons of tutorials on the net on how to slice up a Photoshop image to create a website, but here is what I usually do:

I create the layout in Photoshop and then slice it up and jump over to Image Ready to save the images. Really saves alot of time as opposed to manually cutting the layout apart in PS and saving the images one by one.

Couple of quick tips:

----Although IR does give you the option to save the HTML code for the page, I wouldn't advise using it. It's crap. Learn to code your page yourself.

----When slicing up your layout in PS, slice and save only the images you need and use the least number of images that you possibly can. It will save load time on your page.

For example, if you can slice a small piece out of your header image to use as a repeating background, it's much better than using a great big image for the header.

Look for areas where you can use a background color instead of an image. This will also save load time.

----Name your slices. After you create a slice with your slice tool, right click the slice and go to edit slice. Give that slice a name that you will recognize - button_home, button_links, button_aboutus, etc.

IR will automatically name your images for you if you don't name your slices, but IR uses the name of the .psd file and #'s as it's naming convention - myfile1.gif, myfile2.gif, myfile3.gif, etc. and it will be very hard to know what your images are when it comes time to code your page.

As for resolution, 800 x 600 is still the most popular screen resolution, with 1024 x 768 moving up in popularity. However, it depends on your target audience. What resolution will the people most likely to view your site be using? If you're not sure, it's best to stick with 800 x 600.

I design most of my sites on an 800 x 600 base, but make it expandable so that it still looks good in higher resolutions. I don't even bother designing for 640 x 480 anymore.

Images - again, Google is your friend. Try a search for "free stock photos" or search Google Images for "boxers". Keep in mind that most images you find through Google Images are pulled from other people's websites and may be subject to copyright policies. If you decide to use anything you find through Google images, please make sure you get permission from the original owner.

#3   re: HELP
asgsoft
CZ Super Newbie
egypt.gif
0.00 posts per day

most tutorials don't show how to code. i need most help in that

#4   re: HELP
Kelly_Hero
PayPal Donation
CZ Revered Member
 Codezwiz Site Donator
Kelly_Hero has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
usa.gif southcarolina.gif
0.50 posts per day

There are tutorials all over the net on learning how to code HTML. You could do a Google search for "HTML tutorials". Or, you could check out this page:
[ Register or login to view links on this board. ]

Check out the HTML section in our Web Links section as well. There are several good sites that will help you get started.

#5   re: HELP
asgsoft
CZ Super Newbie
egypt.gif
0.00 posts per day

not the basics of html but how to code a layout.

Add To: Del.icio.us  Digg  Google  Spurl  Blink  Furl  Y! MyWeb  
<< View previous topic View next topic >>

Jump to