Just a Thought on Auto Aimers For Yahoo Pool.

<< View previous topic View next topic >>
Share: Del.icio.us  Digg  Google  Spurl  Blink  Furl  Y! MyWeb  
#1   Just a Thought on Auto Aimers For Yahoo Pool.
mddstv02
CZ Newbie
mddstv02 has been a member for over 19 year's 19 Year Member
0.00 posts per day
 Yahoo Messenger  
I read somewhere that the only way for you to be able to detect if someone was using an aimer is if you see directly into the files of the person suspected. OK. Now what if Yahoo Put a code or something into the messenger that detects if someone is using one of these tools. This may not stop everyone from using them, but i know if it could happen it could help leagues. They could just make it a rule that everyone has to have there messenger up and running for all the games. Probally NOT possible, just an idea.

Thanks, mike

(sorry if this was the wrong place to post this)

Back to top Reply with quote
osmosis
CZ Addict
osmosis has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
ireland.gif
0.06 posts per day

As far as i know that would be possible, but unless u own alot of shares in yahoo i cant see them putting the coding into there messenger system and giving each league the results icon_sad.gif.

Itd probably be easier to just make up a script or program of some sort which self runs once downloaded, and searches the computer for a certain .exe file and then e-mails u telling u it was found however that would also be bordering on the ilegal side (as would the messenger idea), unless u have permission from the user to scan his/her files, which many wont (even if they dont have the program, many people dont like people knowing there files for obvious reasons)

Just my 2 cents, i could be wrong *shrug* icon_redface.gif

#3   re: Just a Thought on Auto Aimers For Yahoo Pool.
redhot_2oo3
PayPal Donation
CZ Moderator
redhot_2oo3 has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
uk.gif
0.08 posts per day

This is an old, and ongoing problem. Personally I fail to see the point behind using auto aimers. Surely the pleasure derived from playing the game is knowing when you made a good shot, or played a game particulary well. Where's the skill if the shot is all lined up for you? I daresay someone will find a way to justify it tho.

As for detection, I've heard lots of different theories, ranging from not seeing the power meter move, to noticing the game slowing down. My own opinion is that there is no way to detect it, and as it runs as a client-side app, there can be no way to remotely detect it.

I guess the best chance is to get Yahoo to try and develop the game to make it harder for AA's. You're right Os, like they're going to do anything? It would take something spectacular to get their attention, like if everybody stayed out of the pool rooms for 24 hours in protest. Once we got their attention, we could also ask them to find a way to stop those delightful boosting fellows too, and the scrollers, and the spammers. Then go after the people who supply these goons with the tools.

Oh well. in a perfect world maybe..

#4   re: Just a Thought on Auto Aimers For Yahoo Pool.
mddstv02
CZ Newbie
mddstv02 has been a member for over 19 year's 19 Year Member
0.00 posts per day
 Yahoo Messenger  
I dont know, its just a pain to try and run an honest league or even play a game any more. Just thout I'd post that idea to see what you all thought. Thanks, mike.

kidd
CZ Newbie
kidd has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
usa.gif
0.00 posts per day
 Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
Yea- I don't think there is a way to detect yahoo aimers icon_sad.gif

#6   re: Just a Thought on Auto Aimers For Yahoo Pool.
Marduk_2001
CZ Newbie
Marduk_2001 has been a member for over 19 year's 19 Year Member
0.00 posts per day

you can really find out if someone is using n aimer, you shouldnt accuse if they r good, um, if you do find out FOR SURE, theres no real rule saying no aimers, ppl lilke cheating and thats them

Add To: Del.icio.us  Digg  Google  Spurl  Blink  Furl  Y! MyWeb  
<< View previous topic View next topic >>

Jump to