Share: Del.icio.us  Digg  Google  Spurl  Blink  Furl  Y! MyWeb  
#1   pasting of .ps format-3
chishti
CZ Newbie
chishti has been a member for over 19 year's 19 Year Member
0.00 posts per day

Hello every body,
I would try to explain my point
After the completion of any file which we have prepaired for printing purpose in any software used for graphics, ie illustrator, quark, corel or freehand (can be any other if there is) then that file is printed through post script printer, a post script (.ps) file of that document is made which is processed through the RIP to convert that file to four bitmap files, one for each color CMYK, to get image on film for printing.

When one is working in any one of the above said software, there is no problem cause you can paste the prepaired documents on the required paper size and can print that to .ps format.

But when you are working in a magazine specially in my reigon, and you are combining Add and other pages you have wariety of files made in different software, to paste thoose files you need them in any one of the software. We can convert them in pdf or tiff to gather them in one software, that some time damages the quality specialy the black matter is converted into CMYK, OR in other words you can say that balck is not overprinted.

The solution, the best one can be that we prepare .ps from the respective software and then paste those .ps format file in any other software, process them through RIP to get out put on Film for printing

I hope I have explained my Q

Thanks

Back to top Reply with quote
#2   re: pasting of .ps format-3
Kelly_Hero
PayPal Donation
CZ Revered Member
 Codezwiz Site Donator
Kelly_Hero has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
usa.gif southcarolina.gif
0.50 posts per day

I'm not familiar with printing on film, or the RIP program you're referring to. My best suggestion is to try converting the files to EPS format instead of TIFF or PDF. EPS (Encapsulated Post Script) files are meant primarily for importing into applications that import PostScript.

You can find more information regarding EPS format here:
[ Register or login to view links on this board. ]

#3   re: pasting of .ps format-3
nomadesign
CZ Super Newbie
nomadesign has been a member for over 19 year's 19 Year Member
usa.gif
0.01 posts per day

The only real solution I can tell you is to use one Publishing Program, and stick with that program.
Keep all your files (art work) in one format, EPS or high res. Tiffs
Myself I use XPress, Photoshop, Illustrator and MS Word.
Another issue could be your Printer, If you have a low-end PS printer you might not be the quality your looking for.
32000 dpi or higher for printing?
Make sure all your programs your using are caliabrated for your monitor on each computer, that goes for the printer as well. Make sure everyone is using the same drivers (printer), software and are using the same system.

I hope this helps
-damon

Add To: Del.icio.us  Digg  Google  Spurl  Blink  Furl  Y! MyWeb  
<< View previous topic View next topic >>

Jump to