<< View previous topic View next topic >>
Share: Del.icio.us  Digg  Google  Spurl  Blink  Furl  Y! MyWeb  
#1   NEED ADVICE on a program someone sent
kat_in_the_bar
CZ Newbie
kat_in_the_bar has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
0.00 posts per day
 Yahoo Messenger  
i am head admin for a pool lg. We have a guy who is a not so nice guy most times in the lobby. But he has made something ( or says he made it at least) for us to use for our lg. It is basically a program to have a jump box on top of pool room and to use a couple of ids in the room at same time with all being on one page ( kinda) It has yahoo login and our lg login for jumping in trnys on it. It had a auto aim on it but i made him take that off, it also has a box to check for pop up blocker. Ok now for my problem .... this program needs to be downloaded by anyone who wants to use it. I have downloaded it and i did i virus scan and i ran a key logger detector and nothing came up. My fear is that he will be able to see ppls passwords both yahoo and lg. Is there any otehr way to check out this program or is it possible he put something bad on it im not detecting... i hate to put something on lg page which ppl will dl cause they trust me. Ty for any advice

Back to top Reply with quote
#2   re: NEED ADVICE on a program someone sent
RedWolf111
CZ Addict
RedWolf111 has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
usa.gif wisconsin.gif
0.07 posts per day

Hi Kat,

I take it that this program is probably made with VB (Visual Bascis) since it needs to be downloaded. You have taken very nice precautions, except just to let you know. A keylog detector will only work when the program itself is running in a way to record the keystrokes. Not saying that it has one in there, yet since he is a Head Admin and actually wanted to include an Auto Aim kinda seems odd. That is the first HA I know of that actually wants people to use an aimer. My suggestion to learn a bit more about checking for a keylogger is to maybe do a google search on it. Get as much info as possible just to make sure that this program is not ruining your reputation by adding it there. Another option is to maybe make a note somewhere when they download the program of who made it, that way they cant come running to you if anything is wrong. Even if it is something as simple as ALT tag text when they hover over the download link.

Just a few thoughts from me on this. icon_smile.gif

RedWolf

#3   re: NEED ADVICE on a program someone sent
kat_in_the_bar
CZ Newbie
kat_in_the_bar has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
0.00 posts per day
 Yahoo Messenger  
just so you know -- hes not a head admin - i am -- is there anyway to check and see whats actually in the program?

#4   re: NEED ADVICE on a program someone sent
Kelly_Hero
PayPal Donation
CZ Revered Member
 Codezwiz Site Donator
Kelly_Hero has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
usa.gif southcarolina.gif
0.50 posts per day

Why not try an enhanced lobby instead? You can put jump boxes, tourney calendar, links, shoutbox - pretty much whatever you want on it - but, instead of having to download it, people just have to go to the URL.

There are several tutorials in the Cases Myleague HTML section for creating an enhanced lobby.

#5   re: NEED ADVICE on a program someone sent
thunder_vs_lightning
CZ Active Member
thunder_vs_lightning has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
usa.gif oklahoma.gif
Fav. Sports Team: OU Sooners
0.04 posts per day
 Yahoo Messenger  
Is it a program made by something like the person suggested Visual Basic or is it made HTML wise? If he made it plain only from HTML, you can view source code and if you have the knowledge, you should be able to notice the codings a bit odd such as part where it instruct info to be sent to someone. Its very easy to make a custom backdoor page with html havin a custom league links and jump boxes on the lobby page at side or top..the person shouldnt go to extreme such as Visual Basic.....and he sayin something fancy... people can be on more than one ids at the same time...ummm...his program no special!!! Anyone can be in same room with many ids same time and its very easy just open a new window and go to the room on different id..ive been in room with like 10 ids same time, no problemo. So...the things you've said about this guy...raises a lot of red flag..specially puttin an auto aim on there....seems like he uses it..watch out!

[ Register or login to view links on this board. ] Xtreme Backdoors starting with Yahoo Games. A project in progress. Unique features include Auto Log-Out to log into rooms smoothly, ads-free lobby, memberships, goodies for leagues, personal interaction, and more. Check out the site and share your ideas/suggestions with me.
Add To: Del.icio.us  Digg  Google  Spurl  Blink  Furl  Y! MyWeb  
<< View previous topic View next topic >>

Jump to