#1   Computer graphics card
PrinceArtist
CZ Newbie
PrinceArtist has been a member for over 19 year's 19 Year Member
uk.gif
Fav. Sports Team: Liverpool
0.00 posts per day
 Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
Hi all,im sorry to bother you and i cant believe im asking this question here,but i know how awesome you all are with computers and theres never been any harm in asking eh icon_biggrin.gif...ok heres whats up..i have a graphics card on my pc,butttt i cant rem the exact name of it. A while ago i had to totally reboot my computer and reset it. Nowwwww theres no graphics card installed and no dvd decoder but they are in my computer if you know wot i mean lol,stuff the dvd coder lol all i want to know is..can any1 tell me a way i can reinstall the graphics card,is there a way the computer can locate it,i have a motherboard cd,but dont have a graphics card cd,im lost,,,all help and suggestions will be very very valued and appreciated...please help icon_sad.gif

Back to top Reply with quote
#2   re: Computer graphics card
redhot_2oo3
PayPal Donation
CZ Moderator
redhot_2oo3 has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
uk.gif
0.08 posts per day

Hi, a couple of suggestions for you:
1. Check to see if the graphics card is listed in device manager. If it is, delete the entry, and reboot. This will force Windows to find and re-install it.
If you're using Windows XP, then unless the card is very old, it should install and load drivers. If tha card isn't installed at all, all you'll get is a generic vga video driver.
It might be a good idea to have a look at the card to get the part number and manufacturer details off it. Their website will probably have the drivers you need.

2. If it isn't listed in device manager, try moving it physically to a different slot (assuming it isn't AGP)

If the card is AGP, and it's not being found by the system, check the bios to make sure that AGP is enabled, and that the system isn't using an onboard graphics card as it's default.

If after all that, the system still doesn't see the card, you have to consider the possibility that either the card, or the motherboard is faulty. icon_cry.gif

<< View previous topic View next topic >>

Jump to