Share: Del.icio.us  Digg  Google  Spurl  Blink  Furl  Y! MyWeb  
#1   SERVER HELP PLZ,,,will explain below
SqueakeyCat
CZ Active Member
SqueakeyCat has been a member for over 19 year's 19 Year Member
usa.gif florida.gif
Fav. Sports Team: sry, no like sports
0.02 posts per day

i had a friend that was helping me to make my 80gb h/d into a server, so that i could run my web site from my own computer instead of geocities, bravenet, etc.

last week, this friend decided to quit helping ne1 at all with sites, html help, server help, everything.

i have the server set up, i have it working, i can c my site, but no one else can.

can i plz get some suggestions on how to make it so that everyone else can c the site that i am making?

also, just so u know, i have Zone Alarm Pro, AVG (free), spybot s & d, and also ad-aware on my computer.

does ne1 know how to make the settings on them so that they will allow others to c that part of my computer only, as it will b the only thing on that drive?

NE HELP WOULD B GREATLY APPRECIATED.

TYVM in advance

KIM

Back to top Reply with quote
Telli
Site Admin
Telli has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
Fav. Sports Team: Detroit Red Wings
1.06 posts per day

Do you have a personal firewall on your computer? Are the ports you designated for the server open? What type of software are you using to manage this?

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee. Ezekiel 25:17
#3   re: SERVER HELP PLZ,,,will explain below
SqueakeyCat
CZ Active Member
SqueakeyCat has been a member for over 19 year's 19 Year Member
usa.gif florida.gif
Fav. Sports Team: sry, no like sports
0.02 posts per day

[ Register or login to view links on this board. ] <----that is where i signed up to be able to have my own thing going,,,,sry,,,,but been having memory probs lately,,,and dont remember exactly what i went there for,,,but i have [ Register or login to view links on this board.] through that site

[ Register or login to view links on this board.] <---that is what my new main page is supposed to look like,,,and that i am supposed to b able to edit it, and for some reason,,,cannot do right now

when i click on the start button for server,,,,i go through Uniform Server 3.2a, then click on Run MySQL Server

firewall-----Zone Alarm Pro
antivirus----Zone Alarm Pro/AVG
other--------SpyBot S & D, Ad-Aware

the server is set up on my F drive (80gb hd) and right now is the only thing on that drive, cuz i took and put everything on my C drive (40 gb hd--and very overloaded--only has 5 gb left on it).

i would like to put everything back on my f drive so that my c drive is clear again, and runs the computer the way it is supposed to, but, i want to get this server working right before i do that.

if i missed answering something, plz ask me again, as i said,,,,i been having a bad bout with memory loss lately.

hope this helps u.

KIM

Add To: Del.icio.us  Digg  Google  Spurl  Blink  Furl  Y! MyWeb  
<< View previous topic View next topic >>

Jump to