#1   PHP Help With New Site That I Just Got
SqueakeyCat
CZ Active Member
SqueakeyCat has been a member for over 19 year's 19 Year Member
usa.gif florida.gif
Fav. Sports Team: sry, no like sports
0.02 posts per day

[ Register or login to view links on this board.]

The above listed link, is for my new "paid for" site and domain name. Everyone that knows me, knows that I have never worked with a PHP site before.

Here is my dilemma:

I "login" and click on "control panel". That takes me to "site content", to which I click on "web pages" (which says: go here to create and edit your site web pages). When that page opens up, it has the following content on it:

New Page (understandable)
List Pages (understandable)
Set Main Page (understandable)
Current Web Pages (1 of 1--"Welcome to: SqueakeyCat.com (listed as current main page)

I click on New Page, and it says:

Setup Page Options---
Page Title (understandable)
Categories (says "no categories available--to which idk how to even make categories available)
Page Template (lists ONLY default template, as I don't know how to upload, make or even set up a template)
Allow Comments Y/N (easy enough to understand, but y would ne1 want comments on their "home/index" page)
Allow Anonymous Posts Y/N (same as for comments, y would ne1 want comments on their "home/index" page)

then at the bottom it has a little button that says GO

GO WHERE?

I don't understand the above, so how am I supposed to go newhere else?

Someone plz help

KIM
(SqueakeyCat)

And btw, the last time i asked for help on something, I did NOT appreciate the comment that was made to me about my question, it was rude and very uncalled for, especially by a STAFF member

Back to top Reply with quote
#2   re: PHP Help With New Site That I Just Got
floppydrivez
CZ Addict
 Codezwiz Site Donator
floppydrivez has been a member for over 18 year's 18 Year Member
usa.gif mississippi.gif
0.08 posts per day
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
I believe go is just so you can continue to the next step. I honestly have no clue where go leads you, but I know one sure fire way to find out.

#3   re: PHP Help With New Site That I Just Got
SqueakeyCat
CZ Active Member
usa.gif florida.gif
0.02 posts per day

I got a lil bit more curious about the items on the page after I wrote the above.

I clicked on the link that says "No Categories Available", and it brought up a page with the following on it:

FatCat Administration Menu (title of page where I'm now at)
it has a drop down menu right under its name, but it only has <top level> listed in it, with a button next to it that says "create category" (i'm going to assume that u type in a name, and then click create)
under that part, it says "default icon" and for the default icon, it has icon_question.gif

it goes on to say "what's related limit" icon_question.gif with a drop down menu containing the numbers 5-50 (in sets of 5), and a button next to that, that says "set limit", then, it has a button centered under that, which says "disable what's related"

lastly (as far as i went so far) it says "Uncategorized Label" and next to that is a box that says "Uncategorized" in it (i'm gonna also assume here that if I highlight the word Uncategorized, that i'm then supposed to put my category there as well), next to that box, it has another button, that says "set name".

this is as far as I have gotten so far with picking different spots on the pages to go to, as like I stated above, I know NOTHING about php. I just wish the tutorial that I found for PHP was more helpful than what I read was.

i am slowly goign through each link on the one page, to c what i come up with, but with NOT knowing PHP, i can only guess what the responses should be that I make, and if I make a mistake somewhere along the way, I would really b in a fix, as I wouldn't know where to start looking for the mistake that was made

icon_sad.gif icon_sad.gif icon_sad.gif
Kim
SqueakeyCat

Telli
Site Admin
Telli has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
Fav. Sports Team: Detroit Red Wings
1.06 posts per day

Have you tried asking the makers website?
[ Register or login to view links on this board. ]

I am not familiar with that software.

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee. Ezekiel 25:17
SqueakeyCat
CZ Active Member
usa.gif florida.gif
0.02 posts per day

OK.....sorry about all the confusion this has caused....

I was not getting anywhere with the people where my site is supposed to be, and as I found out today, it is NOT there at all anymore.

I do have a bigger problem, but am not sure where to put it at.

Does anyone know how to work with cPanel X?

I have added 2 attachments showing the page that I see when I log in, but I truly do not know anything about cPanel or cPanel X.

If someone could help me edit my page, I'd really appreciate it.

The new site is:

J & K Photos located at [ Register or login to view links on this board. ]

I can edit very little through the Manager pages. Some of the content that I would like to edit (IE: Meta Tags), I don't know how to, or where to on a PHP page.

So please let me know if anyone can help, and where to post this if I can get help with it, if its not in the right spot.

Thanks.

Kim

Sorry, could not add screen shot of c panel, because the size has to be smaller than what I have it. If I make it any smaller, you won't be able to see it.

Telli
Site Admin
Telli has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
Fav. Sports Team: Detroit Red Wings
1.06 posts per day

Your best bet is to use FTP and start looking through the files for the stuff you want to edit.

Try looking for files called header, template, meta, etc...

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee. Ezekiel 25:17
SqueakeyCat
CZ Active Member
usa.gif florida.gif
0.02 posts per day

Thanks Telli, will try it and let you know how it worked

Add To: Del.icio.us  Digg  Google  Spurl  Blink  Furl  Y! MyWeb  
<< View previous topic View next topic >>

Jump to