Ajax Tab Content Javascript in phpnuke?

<< View previous topic View next topic >>
Share: Del.icio.us  Digg  Google  Spurl  Blink  Furl  Y! MyWeb  
#1   Ajax Tab Content Javascript in phpnuke?
fr34k
CZ Super Newbie
fr34k has been a member for over 19 year's 19 Year Member
0.01 posts per day

Hi wondered if someone could help me out.

Im ooking for a script/module that will display x amlount of small blocks in the top center of my website for displaying our most recent reviews (with thumbnail image and a short snippet of text taken from the actual review).

The closest ive come to finding a script that would do the job perfectly is the Ajax Tab Content script. Although it wont place x amount of spearate aligned blocks within the top center of our site - it would allow us to title each tab with the product name of what we have reviewed and the text box for each tab would be large enough for us to add a small thumbnail image of the item along with a snippet of text next to it (and a link to the actual review).

The problem i have is that im not very bright when it comes to phpnuke coding, and i wouldn't know where to begin to try and intergrate this javascript in to my site.

Once it is integrated in to my phpnuke site - how would i update this easily and frequently?

Any help would be greatly apreciated.
Or if anyone can point me in the right direction to a module that would do what i need it to do that would be great.

Thanks in advance icon_smile.gif

Back to top Reply with quote
Telli
Site Admin
Telli has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
Fav. Sports Team: Detroit Red Wings
1.06 posts per day

Is the "Ajax Tab Content script" for phpnuke? Maybe best to just make your own. Ajax is very easy to use and you could use your reviews module as a base for pulling all the info you need.

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee. Ezekiel 25:17
#3   re: Ajax Tab Content Javascript in phpnuke?
fr34k
CZ Super Newbie
fr34k has been a member for over 19 year's 19 Year Member
0.01 posts per day

Hi telli,
Thanks for the reply,
I would love to be able to code my own tab contents to displays x amount of our reviews along with a snippet of text taken from the begining of the review - but my coding experience is very limited - this is why i was looking in to the Ajax Tab Content Javascript and how easy it would be to incorporate it in to phpnuke?

I was told that incorportaing it wouldn't be very difficult - however the script would have no administation section for it which would basically mean manually editing a php file each and every time i needed/wanted to display a new review which has been added to the database. This means titles, image urls, text to be added etc. Obvioulsy this would be very time consuming.

What you have suggested Telli, sounds very similar to the mod i have asked the creator of our review module to make. Basically when a user clicks on a review, at the bottom of a page 4 thumbnail images (along with the product name) of similar reviews in the database are displayed.

i just really dont know where to start with regards to coding a whole new module/block icon_sad.gif

#4   Re: re: Ajax Tab Content Javascript in phpnuke?
Telli
Site Admin
Telli has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
Fav. Sports Team: Detroit Red Wings
1.06 posts per day

Originally posted by fr34k @ Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:49 am:

I was told that incorportaing it wouldn't be very difficult - however the script would have no administation section for it which would basically mean manually editing a php file each and every time i needed/wanted to display a new review which has been added to the database. This means titles, image urls, text to be added etc. Obvioulsy this would be very time consuming.

You will use the existing Reviews database so you won't need an admin section.

Are you going to pull the reviews randomly? How many do you think you would want in the tabs?

Do you have a copy of the "Tab Content Script"?

Best bet to start with is making the tabs. I will help with the Ajax and the Mysql to get the Reviews but your going to have to put it together.

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee. Ezekiel 25:17
Add To: Del.icio.us  Digg  Google  Spurl  Blink  Furl  Y! MyWeb  
<< View previous topic View next topic >>

Jump to