Tuffy
CZ Addict
 Codezwiz Site Donator
Tuffy has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
usa.gif newyork.gif
Fav. Sports Team: NY Mets
0.10 posts per day
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  
icon_biggrin.gif Hello all! Long time no see!

I have phpnuke7 installed on my server. All is working well. I have done alot of reading of the phpnuke manual and just was wondering if there is a comprehensive tree type menu explaining certain functions of the admin menu ie; The Content Menu - I am not exactly sure what you use it for although I am sure I will be needing to use it.

I am also a little confused as to what is the difference between a module and a block....lol. I really want to be able to understand how everything works (and works together) so I can try (lol) to accomplish what I want. I want to be able to setup the site "properly" as opposed to poke and hope.

Is there an explanation somewhere other than in the phpnuke manual that I could go to? I guess that I am looking for "this is the Content Menu, this is what it is used for and here is an example" (use this to accomplish that). I have searched here in the forums and I am still not exactly finding what I need to be able to have it sink into the brain. Of course, you may have this somewhere but I have not been able to locate it. Forgive me if it is here somewhere and I overlooked it.

Thanks in advance and I hope all of you are doing great! icon_mrgreen.gif

Telli
Site Admin
Telli has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
Fav. Sports Team: Detroit Red Wings
1.06 posts per day

PHP Nuke manual is the best place for learning how to use and edit PHP Nuke.

Blocks are the content thats located usually on the left and right of the page. They can also be added above the content and below the content pulled into the center of the page.

The content in the center of the page is generally the module.

I am not aware of a tree menu in the admin page are you using a FORK of phpnuke? (ravens, clan nuke)

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee. Ezekiel 25:17
Back to top Reply with quote
#3   re: Phpnuke7 Admin Menu Breakdown
Tuffy
CZ Addict
 Codezwiz Site Donator
Tuffy has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
usa.gif newyork.gif
Fav. Sports Team: NY Mets
0.10 posts per day
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  
Thank-You Telli.

No, not a fork I believe; I downloaded it directly from [ Register or login to view links on this board.] . It is version 7.

I think I may have confused you along with myself. No, there is not a "tree" menu per se; If I understand it correctly, you would setup "topics" first if you then wanted to go and "add story" as topics would appear under that drop-down menu. Just like it would appear that "topics" are related to "sections". I think. Did I get that right? lol

That's all I mean. It will eventually sink in.

<< View previous topic View next topic >>

Jump to