<< View previous topic View next topic >>
Share: Del.icio.us  Digg  Google  Spurl  Blink  Furl  Y! MyWeb  
#1   Php-Nuke Theme Creation
dldecler
CZ Newbie
dldecler has been a member for over 13 year's 13 Year Member
0.00 posts per day

Hi There,

I have created a php-nuke theme for my website [ Register or login to view links on this board. ] , it is the red one currently installed.

That was my first attempt at developping a theme from scratch, and although i did not pursue completely until the end, i felt it necessary to restart and create something different. After a few days on photoshop this is what i came up with : [ Register or login to view links on this board. ]

As you can see, on the blue theme I am not utilizing any blocks. I would like to modify the HTML code for the blue theme so that it functions as a php-nuke theme. Thus enabling the simplified publishing provided by the news module and allowing everyday people to make changes to the website through the administration panel (coworkers). I am having trouble editing it to work for php-nuke tho. I basically only want the news block to change... other then that, the header and menu on the left shouldn't have to necessarily reload after the initial load of the page. The news block would also add successive submissions based on the amount of stories currently active on the administration panel (basic news module functions). Is their an easier way to incorporate this into a php nuke theme? Possibly create an html page for the header, navigation and footer, with an empty table that can publish news topics when necessary?

Any help converting this over to a nuke theme would be greatly appreciated!

Back to top Reply with quote
westerner
CZ Newbie
 Codezwiz Site Donator
westerner has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
usa.gif wisconsin.gif
0.00 posts per day

Use an old theme and rename it. Then just start adding in the new theme to it.

It looks like you have the story right your just missing the php to parse it. Look in a theme and try to copy what they did.

Back to top Reply with quote
Add To: Del.icio.us  Digg  Google  Spurl  Blink  Furl  Y! MyWeb  
<< View previous topic View next topic >>

Jump to