Share: Del.icio.us  Digg  Google  Spurl  Blink  Furl  Y! MyWeb  
#1   About updates and versions of nukes and forums
sabastina
CZ Active Member
sabastina has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
0.03 posts per day
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
HI all,

I noticed at the Pbbhacks that they date their hacks on the main list. However after getting someof them the read me files state that they are for a different specific version. I am assuming that the reason they are listed on the site and not in the read me is because someone reported that they work for different versions and they simply put it there instead of in the read me. Is this right?

(bear with me I'm trying to get this...heh.)
Also, am I correct in that if I decided to try one of these hacks, and they don't work, it is as simple as replacing the data that was changed back into the original file?

And I know that on OS (far reach here maybe) that they are often downgradable from versions, however this is not the case with nuke is it? 9referring to files and stuff) They are not downgradable because the files are possibly too different and some things are incompatale with others because of these differences. Is this right?
I want to upgrade a forum that I have to the 2.0.6 (from 2.0.5) now before I add anything to it, but am very afraid. lol.

Man, I tell you, I can't wait until I finnally get it cause this stuff (though not so complicated in some areas always blows me away eventually!) ANd having said that, I want to thank all of you who help out around here and in the other sites. I appreciate your time, experience and help and definately will do the same once I know what I am doing.
thank you all so much!

Sabastina

Back to top Reply with quote
Telli
Site Admin
Telli has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
Fav. Sports Team: Detroit Red Wings
1.06 posts per day

Alot of the hacks on that site need additional tweaking to work in the normal phpnuke enviroment. There is a site has some transferred over for you [ Register or login to view links on this board. ]

When ever you attempt to do a mod (hack,addon) you should always back up the files you have to edit that way if something goes wrong you just upload the ones you have that you know work right over the ones you tried to add the hack in.

Upgrading isn't as hard as it seems generally there will be a changelist file in the upgrade and you can do it manually by hand.

Downgrading is possible just timely because you have to remove everything that was added and when upgrading nuke versions sometimes thats alit. Anytime i make adjustments or upgrades i make 100% full backup of the site and the database. I let the site run for a few days and make sure everything is hunky dory that way if I have problems I can just revert to the old version till I get the bug figured out or someone else does and it is posted somewhere.

Telli

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee. Ezekiel 25:17
sabastina
CZ Active Member
sabastina has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
0.03 posts per day
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Thanks!

Off to find the upgrade to 2.0.6! (hope my courage doesn't run out.lol)

Sabastina

Add To: Del.icio.us  Digg  Google  Spurl  Blink  Furl  Y! MyWeb  
<< View previous topic View next topic >>

Jump to