Share: Del.icio.us  Digg  Google  Spurl  Blink  Furl  Y! MyWeb  
#1   Last visitors block? Anyone??
shilo
CZ Newbie
shilo has been a member for over 18 year's 18 Year Member
usa.gif michigan.gif
0.00 posts per day

Hi,

I am nearly giving up on finding help for this or finding another block to replace it.

I have phpnuke 7.7. I have been trying unsuccessfully to put in Jag_Who's_Been v1.0 .

I keep getting an error when I try to click the icon in administration. Error reads:
Bad Q90:Unknown column 'radminency' in 'field list' (No idea what that means)

Then I went back and found that I have to install a line in the includes/my_header.php.
There isn't a "my_header.php" file in my includes folder. Apparently the Who's Been file is written for [for PHP-Nuke v6.5~7.0] so now I am wondering if it is possible to even install this in my site and fix that error somehow.

The notation in the read-me file has a link to the site where the block originated, but they are no longer there. nice.

OR...
is there a similar block that does the same thing out there somewhere that I could get?

It is a block that shows who the last members on the site were before you logged in.

I've seen one similar on [ Register or login to view links on this board. ] but he runs a different version of nuke and I have no idea what the block he has would be called. He has named it "Last Seen".

Anxious to hear from anyone on this subject.
Thanks
Shilo

Back to top Reply with quote
#2   re: Last visitors block? Anyone??
shilo
CZ Newbie
usa.gif michigan.gif
0.00 posts per day

Ok,
I just found the downloads area :-) and in there I found a scrolling last visitors block.

I would like to give this one a try. Will it work with phpnuke 7.7??

Shilo

#3   re: Last visitors block? Anyone??
webshark
PayPal Donation
CZ Moderator
 Codezwiz Site Donator
webshark has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
turkey.gif
0.09 posts per day

Give it a try
please dont forget to back up always before making changes

Hope it works icon_razz.gif

#4   re: Last visitors block? Anyone??
shilo
CZ Newbie
usa.gif michigan.gif
0.00 posts per day

Hi Thank you.

I am unable to get it to work icon_sad.gif

I am really pretty new to all of this.
I tried, did exactly as stated in the file, but it wouldn't work. I don't know anything about these types of programs where I can just go and write script....Heck I don't even understand how to read it half the time. lol (learning as I go) I am just trying to get a nice visual artists group moved off of MSN groups.

Hopefully someone will come up with one for phpNuke 7.7 some day. :-)

I really like this site too! Very helpful and I have been frequenting the Nuke Howto section and other areas trying to learn more. (It is keeping me out of my studio though. lol)

Thanks again.
Shilo

#5   re: Last visitors block? Anyone??
webshark
PayPal Donation
CZ Moderator
 Codezwiz Site Donator
turkey.gif
0.09 posts per day

Hello Shilo

I first apolagize you cause i see i didnt read your first post carefully icon_sad.gif

Jag_Who's_Been v1.0 :

When i new at php nuke Jag was leaving nuke community.That block was for see who was visit your web site for example at last 1 hours.Its probably wont work with new nuke versions cause some new versions has big changes and if they (owners of modules,blocks etc.) dont update their works they just wont work with new versions.

includes/my_header.php:

below explanation taken from php nuke 7.6 changes folder

Added a new folder called /includes/custom_files where, if exists the files custom_mainfile.php, custom_header.php and custom_footer.php they will be included from mainfile.php, header.php and/or footer.php respectively. Also the file /includes/my_header.php has been removed and added the new /includes/custom_files/custom_head.php for anything that should be between <head> and </head> html tags in the code. With this feature will be more easy to update
a site without lost your custom changes. These files will not be shipped with PHP-Nuke to avoid possible overwritting when updating the code. (Thanks to André V. Escudero for the tip)

is there a similar block that does the same thing out there somewhere that I could get?

Is this the one you installed which says for 7.5 ? [ Register or login to view links on this board. ]

well if you did try this one and if it didnt work, submitter of this block's website is up and running so if you dont wanna wait till some coders see this post and reply, you can try to contact the block submitter
their site is [ Register or login to view links on this board. ]

hope this helps
Sorry again icon_sad.gif

#6   re: Last visitors block? Anyone??
shilo
CZ Newbie
usa.gif michigan.gif
0.00 posts per day

Hi Webshark
Thank you for the information. I may try visiting the site you mentioned where the script originated from soon.

Right now though, there seem to be other problems, (with forums and group points systems not meshing with each other) that I need to figure out how to fix before I go on.

I have so many windows open with so much information on so many things right now, I am swimming in mass confusion. lol No kidding. Some days I get so overwhelmed with all of this. I keep going though, because I do not want to give up and be stuck on an MSN group site. icon_razz.gif I am determined to learn this if it takes the rest of my life. icon_biggrin.gif

Would you care to be my mentor?? lol

hope you have a great day and thank you very much.
Shilo

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways,chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up,totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!
#7   re: Last visitors block? Anyone??
webshark
PayPal Donation
CZ Moderator
 Codezwiz Site Donator
turkey.gif
0.09 posts per day

Your welcome

Im sure you ll find some threads if you use the search function of our forums, if you cannot find your answer feell free to open new threads for ask your problems like group points.

wow some one ask me to be a mentor icon_eek.gif hey im not that good icon_razz.gif

Cheers ~~

P.S : You should update your forum version to latest one ( 2.0.18 ) for more security

Add To: Del.icio.us  Digg  Google  Spurl  Blink  Furl  Y! MyWeb  
<< View previous topic View next topic >>

Jump to