help getting started with nuke

<< View previous topic View next topic >>
Share: Del.icio.us  Digg  Google  Spurl  Blink  Furl  Y! MyWeb  
#1   re: help getting started with nuke
foosinsof
CZ Super Newbie
foosinsof has been a member for over 18 year's 18 Year Member
0.01 posts per day

hmm, ive got as far as youve taken me, ty for the help but the way id still be at the begining without it, my site is [ Register or login to view links on this board. ] not sure if thats what you askin?? I check this forum bout every 10 mins so please dont give up on me!!

Back to top Reply with quote
craigmack
CZ Active Member
 Codezwiz Site Donator
craigmack has been a member for over 19 year's 19 Year Member
usa.gif michigan.gif
Fav. Sports Team: Pistons
0.02 posts per day

How did you get the site installed you have already? Its not as easy as to tell you how to do it, if you dont know about php or mysql you almost need somebody to install the script for you. Then you need a theme unless you like the regular themes provided by phpnuke. I have seen alot of gaming themes for phpnuke around the net.

#3   re: help getting started with nuke
foosinsof
CZ Super Newbie
0.01 posts per day

I use yahoo hosting, if thats what you mean by site installed? I can see the php scripts in my hosting files, is this stuff hard enough to do, cause if its as complicated that i need to have someone else install it, then i can just go on with out it and have just basic html code on my pages??? Id like to us it but, like ya said maybe to much for a novice.

#4   re: help getting started with nuke
Recoil
CZ Addict
Recoil has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
usa.gif louisiana.gif
Fav. Sports Team: New Orleans
0.06 posts per day
   ICQ Number
i didn't know that you could run a nuke site on a yahoo account lol. Anyway, don't give up! It'll start clicking after you've worked wit it for a while.

#5   re: help getting started with nuke
foosinsof
CZ Super Newbie
0.01 posts per day

i got my adminster mune, could you get me started with something easy, just something that i can do then be able to see the results on my page, if i could figure 1 thing out itll go miles in getting start? i can see the things i have but no clue how to impliment them in my site?

craigmack
CZ Active Member
 Codezwiz Site Donator
usa.gif michigan.gif
0.02 posts per day

do you know how to create a database? In mysql you need to make a database for phpnuke and add a user

#7   re: help getting started with nuke
webshark
PayPal Donation
CZ Moderator
 Codezwiz Site Donator
webshark has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
turkey.gif
0.09 posts per day

Foosinof

As first make sure that your hosting package has Mysql database option,if yes check how many Mysql database you can have and if there any limit for connections etc. You must have Mysql database enabled for can use php nuke (nuke uses 1 main database )

Than you must create a Mysql database ,a user for it and must give all privilagges to that user.Most of us are do this easly from our hosting panels like cpanel etc.

After you create your db and user( its empty now ) you need to fill it.If you download any version of php nuke ( recommend version 7.6 for now)

You also need to use / have PhpMyAdmin ( most hots give it fromour control panel)if you dont have one you must install it manually which i dont know how.

Open PhpMyAdmin ,at left side from pull down menu find the database you created and chose it.At the right side find the sql tab and click on it you shouls see a browse button .
You must browse the nuke.sql and hit submit so your database will be installed auto

You can find the nuke.sql at the phpnuke package you downloaded in sql folder

Now you should see the database tables installed

You see all files in html folder ? in the(phpnuke package ) you must upload all of them to your host via ftp

if you put html folder to your host your visitors will reach your site like [ Register or login to view links on this board. ]

ifyou put all files in the html file to your hosting root ( directly in public_html or what your host file name ) then your visitors will reach your site like [ Register or login to view links on this board. ]

After all done find the config.php and open it you need to edit some areas

$dbhost = "localhost";
$dbuname = "PUT YOUR DATABASE USERNAME HERE";
$dbpass = "PUT YOUR DATABASE PASSWORD HERE";
$dbname = "PUT YOUR DATABASE NAMED HERE";
$prefix = "nuke";
$user_prefix = "nuke";
$dbtype = "MySQL";
$sitekey = "CHANGE THE PASSWORD HERE";
$gfx_chk = 0;

IF YOU HAVE THE LINE BELOW KEEP IT AS TRUE
$display_errors = true;

now save your config.php and upload your host
cross your fingers and open your website you should see your php nuke site
if it says there is a mysql error go back and make sure your config.php settings are ok.
create your admin ID and password
go your admin panel and check around setup privilages for blocks ,modules etc.

read here it will save your time [ Register or login to view links on this board. ]

#8   re: help getting started with nuke
foosinsof
CZ Super Newbie
0.01 posts per day

thank you craigmack, big props for helpin me, sure do appreicate it!!!!!! ok, im up to this part you wanted me to do, here----------------Open PhpMyAdmin ,at left side from pull down menu find the database you created and chose it.At the right side find the sql tab and click on it you shouls see a browse button .
You must browse the nuke.sql and hit submit so your database will be installed auto ----------- ok when i click on that left side menu i see lots of choices, my sql(6),nuke(77),nuke_1(77),nuke_2(77),nuke_3(77),nuke_4(77),phpmyadmin(7),phpmyadmin_2(7),webcal(19), so which one do i choose, i think that maybe i caused the choices, by repeated dowlaoding it maybe???? gave started again, gave up started again, so on and on, i really want this to work for me so i was "exploring" it, anyways, can you point me again please, i check the forum often as possible, so please keep the help coming, cant say enough grateful for the help i am!!!!!! I will check often for your advice, TY TY

craigmack
CZ Active Member
 Codezwiz Site Donator
usa.gif michigan.gif
0.02 posts per day

If you downloaded the raven nuke i told you to you should have a file something like rwsRavenNuke76_v2.02.00_FULL if its zipped extrat it to your desktop. Does yahoo come with cpanel? In phpmyadmin create a database call it whatever you want next create a username and password, then add the user for full rights to the database you just created. Once thats complete on the extracted file rwsRavenNuke76_v2.02.00_FULL inside you will find a folder called html all the files in the html folder need to be uploaded just as they are to where you want your site located if you want [ Register or login to view links on this board. ] then the files and folders in the html folder have to be uploaded to the same place you have the html files for your existing site usually a folder on your hosting account called public_html or where you have your index.html. Also raven included a howtoinstall folder found in the html folder of rwsRavenNuke76_v2.02.00_FULL just open the index.html and look thru it he has pictures and instructions for seting up a database and installing the phpnuke package. Hope this helps im outta breathe now. Good Luck!

#10   re: help getting started with nuke
foosinsof
CZ Super Newbie
0.01 posts per day

yeah im lost, i give up!!!

Add To: Del.icio.us  Digg  Google  Spurl  Blink  Furl  Y! MyWeb  
<< View previous topic View next topic >>

Jump to