Im getting there, Help getting started with phpnuke?

<< View previous topic View next topic >>
Share: Del.icio.us  Digg  Google  Spurl  Blink  Furl  Y! MyWeb  
#1   Im getting there, Help getting started with phpnuke?
foosinsof
CZ Super Newbie
foosinsof has been a member for over 18 year's 18 Year Member
0.01 posts per day

Ok, ive been slowly getting this, Im having troubles getting the phpnuke7.6 to phpmyadmin and web host etc.. DOWLAODING phpnuke, i go here [ Register or login to view links on this board. ] and download, when i click download, a message pops up, says do you want to open or save? I select open, then I see the file, with a few folders, etc.., I click on extract all files, then my extraction wizard comes up, ??? When I extract the files, where do i put it, tryed desktop, and few other places, but when i try to upload it to my host, "im thinkin when i do that ill see the new database in myphpadmin??" I have to individually upload every little part cause there not in a folder together, how do i load the phpnuke to my databass my phpmyadmin, and my host??? Any helps gret TY

Back to top Reply with quote
#2   re: Im getting there, Help getting started with phpnuke?
redhot_2oo3
PayPal Donation
CZ Moderator
redhot_2oo3 has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
uk.gif
0.08 posts per day

First of all, when you download it, don't pick Open, pick Save. A dialogue box will then ask you where you want to save it on your PC. That'll mean you can find it afterwards.

As far as the Database goes. You'll have to make a new database for your Nuke, then you'll find that the installation process will populate it with the tables etc. With some applications, you'll need to find the *.sql file to populate the tables.

The best think you can do once you unzip the files, is study the installation guide. icon_razz.gif

craigmack
CZ Active Member
 Codezwiz Site Donator
craigmack has been a member for over 19 year's 19 Year Member
usa.gif michigan.gif
Fav. Sports Team: Pistons
0.02 posts per day

When you sign into your hosting account with yahoo do you see anything about mysql and creating a database? You will need to make a database before you do anything with phpmyadmin.

#4   re: Im getting there, Help getting started with phpnuke?
foosinsof
CZ Super Newbie
0.01 posts per day

IM A NEWBIE, please bear with me, good to see ya craigmack, i gave up at one time when you was helping me, I went back over where you had helped me before "posted at bottom" , This is where im at, ok my HOSTING, in my file manager in my hosting acct, i can see the subdirectory that i put my nuke files in, when i open it i see a few diffenent files, such as config.php,modulesphp, etc...etc.. so i believe that i have it to my host, ok next my phpmyadmin i also have, when i log into phpmyadmin, i see my phpmyadmin control panel, here i seelct on the left """like you had me doing before craigmack"" when i select the databass tab on the left, i get 2 choices, mysql and nuke. when i go off of what you had said before, "pasted below" when i get to the part that says

Open PhpMyAdmin ,at left side from pull down menu find the database you created and chose it.At the right side find the sql tab and click on it you shouls see a browse button .
You must browse the nuke.sql and hit submit so your database will be installed auto

when i click on the nuke databass, it comes up, shows me big list of php files etc the configure one, etc......, I dont have a file called nuke.sql, I click that tab sql on the right, and everythnig, I can see the browser button your saying, but cant find nuke.sql??? THIS IS WHERE IM STUCK, any help, TY TY TY,

[ IP: Logged ]
Foosinof

As first make sure that your hosting package has Mysql database option,if yes check how many Mysql database you can have and if there any limit for connections etc. You must have Mysql database enabled for can use php nuke (nuke uses 1 main database )

Than you must create a Mysql database ,a user for it and must give all privilagges to that user.Most of us are do this easly from our hosting panels like cpanel etc.

After you create your db and user( its empty now ) you need to fill it.If you download any version of php nuke ( recommend version 7.6 for now)

You also need to use / have PhpMyAdmin ( most hots give it fromour control panel)if you dont have one you must install it manually which i dont know how.

Open PhpMyAdmin ,at left side from pull down menu find the database you created and chose it.At the right side find the sql tab and click on it you shouls see a browse button .
You must browse the nuke.sql and hit submit so your database will be installed auto

You can find the nuke.sql at the phpnuke package you downloaded in sql folder

Now you should see the database tables installed

You see all files in html folder ? in the(phpnuke package ) you must upload all of them to your host via ftp

if you put html folder to your host your visitors will reach your site like [ Register or login to view links on this board. ]

ifyou put all files in the html file to your hosting root ( directly in public_html or what your host file name ) then your visitors will reach your site like [ Register or login to view links on this board. ]

After all done find the config.php and open it you need to edit some areas

$dbhost = "localhost";
$dbuname = "PUT YOUR DATABASE USERNAME HERE";
$dbpass = "PUT YOUR DATABASE PASSWORD HERE";
$dbname = "PUT YOUR DATABASE NAMED HERE";
$prefix = "nuke";
$user_prefix = "nuke";
$dbtype = "MySQL";
$sitekey = "CHANGE THE PASSWORD HERE";
$gfx_chk = 0;

IF YOU HAVE THE LINE BELOW KEEP IT AS TRUE
$display_errors = true;

now save your config.php and upload your host
cross your fingers and open your website you should see your php nuke site
if it says there is a mysql error go back and make sure your config.php settings are ok.
create your admin ID and password
go your admin panel and check around setup privilages for blocks ,modules etc.

read here it will save your time [ Register or login to view links on this board. ]

#5   re: Im getting there, Help getting started with phpnuke?
foosinsof
CZ Super Newbie
0.01 posts per day

I have a administer panel on my site, it shows a phpnuke logo on the top left, then in the middle shows administration menu, there i have choices like add mofules, forums, fandq, edit users, etc... etc......, When using phpnuke, Am i building my site from the phpnuke files in my host, i have only use html before, i can see and edit the files from my host, and from myphpadmin, Im getting the basics I think, any help?

Add To: Del.icio.us  Digg  Google  Spurl  Blink  Furl  Y! MyWeb  
<< View previous topic View next topic >>

Jump to