How do i install links in modules or blocks?

<< View previous topic View next topic >>
Share: Del.icio.us  Digg  Google  Spurl  Blink  Furl  Y! MyWeb  
#1   How do i install links in modules or blocks?
foosinsof
CZ Super Newbie
foosinsof has been a member for over 18 year's 18 Year Member
0.01 posts per day

Could someone put this in lanmens terms for me,anything helps, On my current html coded site, I use forms, How do i creat a module that has blocks with links to my html pages, can i do that?? any helps is great!!! Ive also i have many pre installed themes, will it hurt me if i delet some of them out of my host file manager, out of my nuke??

Back to top Reply with quote
jaymullah
CZ Super Newbie
jaymullah has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
usa.gif northcarolina.gif
0.01 posts per day
 Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
Many questions you will have getting started can be answered by reading the help links at
[ Register or login to view links on this board. ]

Look in the center of the page for "The Complete Install Guide to PHP-Nuke." Click the Blocks and Modules link and it will explain it all.

There is also the PHP Manual and Knowledge Base located on this site's main menu under Web Tools.

As for the Themese question. Yes you can safely remove any theme you do not plan to use. Simply delete the whole folder for those themes.

#3   re: How do i install links in modules or blocks?
foosinsof
CZ Super Newbie
foosinsof has been a member for over 18 year's 18 Year Member
0.01 posts per day

hm, ive looked around at alot of them but there not registering in my brain, I dont understand them, I can crete a block, But not sure how to add links under that block, thats all i need it to do, is list the name of the links, then my users click on that particular link then go to a html page? Im total new to this nuke stuff, Id like to be able to use it but need directs from others, I can expole it good so if i have any clueon what im looking for, i cant usally figure it out somewhat, Im so lost with what im trying to figure out so far, ty for the help everyone

jaymullah
CZ Super Newbie
jaymullah has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
usa.gif northcarolina.gif
0.01 posts per day
 Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
Well, for blocks.....if you are just wanting to add simple menu with links you can login to admin, go to Blocks and create a new block. Enter the title, in the title field. Leave the RSS/RDF file URL field blank untill you know how to use it later. On the filename dropdown box choose none, leave it as is. In the Content field enter the html for your new menu, use basic HTML. Position is whether you want in on the left, right, or center of your page. Then click create. You may also have other options depending on what version of nuke you are using.

That's the easiest way, but you will find later down the road it is not the best way. But it will get you started.

Add To: Del.icio.us  Digg  Google  Spurl  Blink  Furl  Y! MyWeb  
<< View previous topic View next topic >>

Jump to