Site Moved by Host - Please Help

<< View previous topic View next topic >>
Share: Del.icio.us  Digg  Google  Spurl  Blink  Furl  Y! MyWeb  
#1   Site Moved by Host - Please Help
Stygian
CZ Super Newbie
Stygian has been a member for over 19 year's 19 Year Member
0.01 posts per day

Our current host kept limiting my connections to 200 which on any moderatly high traffic site that would be used and it was being used. After hours and hours of complaining to my host they finalyl moved my site to a better server that could support more then 200 connections.

My problem is the index.php is " You can't access this file directly... " if I go to any forum directly the page is just blank. I can't log into admin I can't access anything and this happened right after the site was moved by my host from 1 machine to the next so I'm clueless as to what the issue might be.

I'll try to cover anything anyone might ask but some I don't have access to.

PhPNuke 7.5
Custom Codezwiz theme

I can't check the phpinfo on the box at this moment because I'm currently at work I will check it later.

Back to top Reply with quote
#2   re: Site Moved by Host - Please Help
jaymullah
CZ Super Newbie
jaymullah has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
usa.gif northcarolina.gif
0.01 posts per day
 Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
It is possible that register_globals is turned off, this could cause this. If you are running on a Linux box try putting this line in your .htaccess files:

php_flag register_globals on

If you are running on a Windows box then you will probably have to ask your host to check and see that register_globals is turned on.

#3   re: Site Moved by Host - Please Help
Stygian
CZ Super Newbie
0.01 posts per day

Ya I tried this based on a websearch no results still the same thing, something must have happened but the host is just shaking thier head saying they aren't responsable.

How hard or impossible would the conversion be from a 7.5 site to upgrade it to 7.8 just based on having the databse structure that might need changed?

jaymullah
CZ Super Newbie
jaymullah has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
usa.gif northcarolina.gif
0.01 posts per day
 Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
Have you tried a fresh install of the same version of nuke you are running? With out any addons or mods, just a plain version of nuke. That way you could at least see if it is something on their end.....or a mod you have installed that is causing it.

If you are able to install a plain version of nuke, you might want to give us a list of all the addons and mods you have on your site, so we can figure out what is causing it.

Because of your problems, I'm not sure this will help........but try downloading and installing an Anaylzer, there are many places to get it. If you dont already have it, you can get it from here:
[ Register or login to view links on this board. ]

#5   re: Site Moved by Host - Please Help
Stygian
CZ Super Newbie
0.01 posts per day

It appears to be on there amazingly enough thier web manager didn't understand what php_flag register_globals on was so I explained it a little better for him. That alone has made me decide it's time to move my hosting to a dedicated box. Currently the website averages 4000-10000 hits daily because there are a lot of gamers out there.

What I really need to do is upgrade ot the latest version of nuke and I figure this is the best time to do it now that I'm moving servers as well.

#6   re: Site Moved by Host - Please Help
Stygian
CZ Super Newbie
0.01 posts per day

For anyone that can help me out with this. I have installed a new nuke site and it works fine so I know that isn't the issue. The host is playing innocent that tey never moved anything or changed anything so I'm going to have to figure this out on me own. Now modules don't matter so I can skim everything down if need be but I need to save the data structure and I need to get the site back up.

Add To: Del.icio.us  Digg  Google  Spurl  Blink  Furl  Y! MyWeb  
<< View previous topic View next topic >>

Jump to