Phpnuke Coppermine <> html problem in Mysql

<< View previous topic View next topic >>
Share: Del.icio.us  Digg  Google  Spurl  Blink  Furl  Y! MyWeb  
#1   Phpnuke Coppermine <> html problem in Mysql
harknell
CZ Newbie
harknell has been a member for over 18 year's 18 Year Member
0.00 posts per day

I'm working on setting up a coppermine install in phpnuke. One of the things that I'm doing is using one of the user fields as an html field such that the template will output different links if there is data in the user field (user field 4). what I want to happen is to have from the website the ability to input the html code into the editpics form, store it in the mysql database, then be able to output it on the picture display page for the image.

This sounds straightforward, but one glitch is happening that I can't figure out. If I type <a href=blah.com>link</a> into the form it gets encoded in the database as &lt;a href=blah.com&gt; --so it's translating the <> as their html encoding types. If I then output this on the image page it simply posts it as <a href=blah.com>link</a>, but as text not a link. If I go into the mysql database directly and just put in the field the < and > directly and not encoded, the image page then displays the link properly.

So, what I'm trying to get at is....is this a phpnuke issue (not wanting to make &lt; and &gt; real html), a coppermine encoding issue (converting things and then not displaying it properly) or a mysql issue (not wanting to accept the <> and converting it)

Any help would be appreciated.

Back to top Reply with quote
Add To: Del.icio.us  Digg  Google  Spurl  Blink  Furl  Y! MyWeb  
<< View previous topic View next topic >>

Jump to