Share: Del.icio.us  Digg  Google  Spurl  Blink  Furl  Y! MyWeb  
#1   Upgrading from CZEnhanced PHP Nuke 7.0 to stock PHP Nuke 7.8
BombSquad
CZ Super Newbie
 Codezwiz Site Donator
BombSquad has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
usa.gif alabama.gif
0.00 posts per day

Ok, I spent about an hour and a half searching the forums here for some help with this and couldnt find what I needed. Here is what I am doing:

Right now I have a heavily modified version of PHP Nuke 7.0 (CZ Enhanced with quite a few additional mods) and I am looking to upgrade it to a newer stock version of PHP Nuke (version 7.8 ). I have the entire old version backed up to include all the files and the SQL. The newer version doesnt have all the mods that CZ Enhanced does so a straight SQL injection wont work... I tried. I dont want to have to go through everything line by line and configure it so that it will work.... I have over 750 users, so just doing that alone would take forever. The big things I am concerned with moving over to the new site are the members, forums, encyclopedia, news, weblinks, and maybe one or 2 other minor things.

The forums are a newer version of the bb to nuke mod as well.

Does anyone know how I can save this information and inject it into another place without doing any damage to the information? I can provide more information if needed. Thanks in advance!!!

Anthony

Back to top Reply with quote
#2   re: Upgrading from CZEnhanced PHP Nuke 7.0 to stock PHP Nuke
Taut
PayPal Donation
CZ Revered Member
 Codezwiz Site Donator
Taut has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
usa.gif california.gif
Fav. Sports Team: SF Giants
0.72 posts per day

[ Register or login to view links on this board. ] [ Register or login to view links on this board. ]

Taut

#3   re: Upgrading from CZEnhanced PHP Nuke 7.0 to stock PHP Nuke
BombSquad
CZ Super Newbie
 Codezwiz Site Donator
usa.gif alabama.gif
0.00 posts per day

ok, since I am not that good at the technical side of PHP Nuke this may sound stupid. But as the links above noted one of my problems I will address that.

The current version I am running is a heavily modified version of PHP Nuke 7.0, the one I wish to move it to is a stock version of 7.8 ... If I export, say the user database into an excell format ( an option that I assume can be used in my new servers sql manager since it says import via excell format) and delete the extra fields then upload it to the new database, everything should be ok??? Correct?

I dont know how to do it the other way that was listed: import old database and delete extra fields.

If I can export to excell format and import that way most of the databses I wish to retain should be fairly easy to keep intact.

Thanks again, and I apologixe for not finding the obvious posts listed above.

icon_smile.gif

Anthony

BombSquad
CZ Super Newbie
 Codezwiz Site Donator
usa.gif alabama.gif
0.00 posts per day

ok, i figured out what I was doing wrong.... with a lot of help from a friend of mine (thx Chip!!)

When one goes to export the SQL database after the SQL and Structure options there is a section for Data options, one MUST select the boxes for Complete inserts and Extended inserts before saving the file. After that a direct inject is easy as pie.

Add To: Del.icio.us  Digg  Google  Spurl  Blink  Furl  Y! MyWeb  
<< View previous topic View next topic >>

Jump to