#1   World Cup... Englands going to win! :P
Gareth
CZ Addict
 Codezwiz Site Donator
Gareth has been a member for over 19 year's 19 Year Member
uk.gif
Fav. Sports Team: Liverpool FC
0.08 posts per day

England's going to win icon_mrgreen.gif ( I hope! ) ( fingers crossed ) ( flag on car! )

Darn Alex Ferguson, holding back Rooney! icon_cry.gif

Your views? icon_cool.gif

Back to top Reply with quote
#2   re: World Cup... Englands going to win! :P
carlos12345
CZ Newbie
 Codezwiz Site Donator
carlos12345 has been a member for over 17 year's 17 Year Member
uk.gif
0.00 posts per day

your right england is gonna win and i carnt see em not letting Rooney play in the first game. icon_biggrin.gif

Gareth
CZ Addict
 Codezwiz Site Donator
uk.gif
0.08 posts per day

Rooney has another scan on the 14th June which will reveal if he will be playing in the quarter final (of course we'l get that far icon_biggrin.gif). So the first match he could be playing in is the quarter finals ... grr...

Gareth

#4   re: World Cup... Englands going to win! :P
Cerberus
CZ Super Newbie
Cerberus has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
uk.gif
Fav. Sports Team: Bolton Wanderers
0.01 posts per day

As much as I'd like to agree with you, and deep down in the bottom of my heart I hope they do, I don't think they will win it. I think it's on it's way back to Brazil again.

With a fully fit rooney, we stand as good a chance as anyone, and I'd put England down as one of the favourites. Without him, we are up against it.

The players England have at their disposal, the potential should be to win it, but they always seem to underachieve, not as a team, but the players as individuals. They very rarely all fire on all cylindars at the same time. When they do, they are fluid, the operate like a well oiled unit, and can beat anyone. But the majority of the time, they don't live up to expectations.

I don't particularly see Germany doing all that well either to be honest, they will likely be on a par with what England achieve.

Argentina? A lot of people are playing up their chances, and if they are on form, I can see them doing well, if not, they might struggle.

I don't see France doing anything much after the knockout stages.

If England are going to win it, I think it will depend on which Brazil team plays, if it's the one where they are off form, and are put on the back foot, several teams stand a chance.

If it's the Brazil team that sets the world cup alight, like they are well capable of doing, the championship might as well be theres before it starts

#5   re: World Cup... Englands going to win! :P
Gareth
CZ Addict
 Codezwiz Site Donator
uk.gif
0.08 posts per day

We have Rooney icon_mrgreen.gif

#6   re: World Cup... Englands going to win! :P
Cerberus
CZ Super Newbie
Cerberus has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
uk.gif
Fav. Sports Team: Bolton Wanderers
0.01 posts per day

I said we wouldn't win it.

Everyone was piling too much hope on rooney, it's all very well & good saying he will win it for us, but the sad fact is that he won't.

Brazil had pele, argentina had maradona, we have rooney.

I have no doubt he is capable of being in the same class as them, but the simple truth is that if we don't have another 5 or 6 rooney's, we won't win it unless we have lady lcuk on our side.

In the end, englands "saviour" ended up being englands downfall.

Ironically, england played better with 10 men against portugal, than they did with 11, not only were we playing against portugal, we were also playing against a referee who clearly had a vendetta against england.

And what about ronaldo?

Well, in my personal opinion, he's the scum of the earth, to be honest, I thought that of him before the world cup, but I think it even more so now. He's nothing more than a showpony, a drama queen who plays on every incident to his own advantage.

I have no doubt he, along with the other portuguese players singled him out, they knew of all the england players that were likely to take the bait, he would be the one and went out with a pre-meditated plan to get him booked.

They did indeed set the bait, and he snapped it up.

Having said that, I don't think england should make ronaldo out to be the scapegoat for what happened with rooney, the buck should always stop with rooney. I'm not talking about the boot to the groin, in my opinion, that was nothing like intentional, it was just a "footballing incident".

What I'm talking about, is when he pushed ronaldo. Fair enough, it was no way a red card offence, but when you've got ronaldo hamming it up like he's known for, and a bitter argentinian referee, you can see the eventual outcome from a mile away.

Everyone could see it, except wayne himself, and that is where the problem lies.

They say that there's a fine line between genius and madness, in rooney's case, it's evident that it's true, once that red mist decends before his eyes, he's a liability.

I'd like to say I think he'll settle down with age, but I don't think he will, he's promised many a time that his aggressive style is over, boasting a promise that he will never be sent off again.

This promise has been made obsolete time and time again, because he can't curb his own frustration.

With the eriksson/beckham era finally over, maybe things will look up for the future. I always thought erikson was beckham's "yes man", many a time I got the impression that beckham was pulling the strings in the england dressing room.

Likewise with beckham, I always got the feeling he was too selfish to be a truely competent captain, and have made my views on this matter known many a time.

If it were up to me, I'd give the captains armband to terry without a moment of hesitation, I think he's a better candidate than beckham ever was.

If there is one thing that has impressed me in the past few weeks, it's the performance of owen hargreaves.

I have always made it clear that I didn't rate him, and questioned his continual inclusion in the england sqaud, but his last 3 games or so in the world cup has forced me to re-evaluate my opinion of him. He has run his nuts off for england, and for me, over the last 3 games at least, I'd have to put him down as englands most infuential player.

If he plays like that in future, I'd have to view him as not only a squad option, but a starting 11 option.

In summary, if england are ever going to do anything meaningful in football, each and everyone of the players has got to start performing as a vital link in the overall chain, and stop the prima-donna routine, as well as stop worrying about everyone else is doing.

The class of players england has at it's disposal, if they can't at least get to the semi's, there is something disasterously wrong.

A final note about ronaldo, I think he's ultimately put the final nail in his own coffin with regards to his career in england, there's no way life can carry on as it was at old trafford, I can see him being hounded out of the country.

He's made no secret of the fact that he want's to sign for real madrid, and assuming they want him, I can see it happening sooner rather than later.

however, there will be doubts about his conduct over there after recent events, if he is capable of doing that to a club team mate in england, he is capable of doing it anywhere.

Add To: Del.icio.us  Digg  Google  Spurl  Blink  Furl  Y! MyWeb  
<< View previous topic View next topic >>

Jump to