#1   WORKING WITH THEME AND LOST
webcrawler1807
CZ Newbie
webcrawler1807 has been a member for over 19 year's 19 Year Member
usa.gif ohio.gif
0.00 posts per day
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
hello,
I'm working with a template and trying to get it to work. it has this line in it and I know it is a valuable piece of info..lol
<link href="default.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">

I'm not use to working with this type of template, and the problems im having are I can not get all the images to appear. I have placed the default.css file and the layout file in the same folder as the index and it did help as the background color is working now. However, the images that i uploaded that are already filled into the template are still not working. I uploaded the images to their own file and then i also moved the images to the same folder as the index but still nothing has helped.
I'm not too familiar with stylesheets and the default.css stuff. I know they all work hand in hand to make the site function correctly with graphics and colors is about as far as i know.
Id be willing to send you the template so you can view it and see where the mistake is.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Webby

Back to top Reply with quote
#2   re: WORKING WITH THEME AND LOST
Kelly_Hero
PayPal Donation
CZ Revered Member
 Codezwiz Site Donator
Kelly_Hero has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
usa.gif southcarolina.gif
0.50 posts per day

The fact that the styles for background colors, etc is working means that your stylesheet is in the right place. It's your images that are out of place.

First, you need to establish whether the missing images are being called by the stylesheet or not. Open the .css file in Notepad and look for something like this:

background: url(themename/images/(imagename.jpg);

Where I have themename/images should show you where the images should live in your directory structure. You can either then set your folders up to follow that path (probably the easiest) or you can put the images folder where you want them and change the paths in the stylesheet.

You can also find the correct path to the images folder by opening the page in your browser that has broken images. Right click on the broken image and view it's Properties. The URL path of the image will tell you where the image is supposed to live in relation to the page you're viewing in your browser.

#3   re: WORKING WITH THEME AND LOST
webcrawler1807
CZ Newbie
webcrawler1807 has been a member for over 19 year's 19 Year Member
usa.gif ohio.gif
0.00 posts per day
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
Thanks for your time. I did paste the properties of the images in the stylesheet and it all works fine now..hehe..thks bunches for your time.

Add To: Del.icio.us  Digg  Google  Spurl  Blink  Furl  Y! MyWeb  
<< View previous topic View next topic >>

Jump to