<< View previous topic View next topic >>
Share: Del.icio.us  Digg  Google  Spurl  Blink  Furl  Y! MyWeb  
#1   Spell Check for Forum
iluvgolf18
CZ Newbie
iluvgolf18 has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
0.00 posts per day
 Yahoo Messenger  
One of our members asked if we could get a spell check for our forums like you have here. How do we get spell check?

Back to top Reply with quote
Telli
Site Admin
Telli has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
Fav. Sports Team: Detroit Red Wings
1.06 posts per day

[ Register or login to view links on this board. ]

Thats where i got the one that i use. If you need help installing it post back.

Telli

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee. Ezekiel 25:17
iluvgolf18
CZ Newbie
0.00 posts per day
 Yahoo Messenger  
Thanks telli, and yes I will need help installing it since it comes as a ZIP file. Do I just upload the spellcheck.php file to the forum file or i have to just upload the whole ZIP folder? And where do I have to put it in the forums folder? Just make a new folder for spellcheck? Thanks.

Telli
Site Admin
1.06 posts per day

Ok yes you make a new directory called spelling in the modules/Forums/ directory
inside that folder you should have these files:

blank.html
phpspell.html
spell_admin.php
spell_config.php
spell_diags.php
spell_English.php
spell_langtemplate.php
spell_phpbb.php
spell_phpnuke.js
spell_Russian.php
spellcheck.php
spelling-ie.css
spelling-op.css
spelling-op7.css
spelling.css
spelling.js
titlebgd.gif

That should all be in the spelling folder.

Next there should be an admin_spellcheck.php or something like that. That goes in the modules/Forums/admin/ directory then upload the ENG.DIC to the modules/Forums/ directory and edit the file that they tell you to. All the directions are in the phpnuke install folder.

Hope that helps.

Telli

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee. Ezekiel 25:17
iluvgolf18
CZ Newbie
0.00 posts per day
 Yahoo Messenger  
Thanks Telli, I did everything you said. However, I dont see a spell check anywhere in the forums unless I'm blind. I know it said to edit the spell_config.php file, is there something in there I need to change to make it show up? Or something else altogether? I feel like a dummy but have no clue lol. new_Eyecrazy.gif doubt.gif

Telli
Site Admin
1.06 posts per day

Yes i believe you have to edit one of the forum files too it should be in the directions. I believe it was the post_body.tpl. Then it will work if you have done everything else it requires.

Telli

iluvgolf18
CZ Newbie
0.00 posts per day
 Yahoo Messenger  
I still can't get it to work, I've just come back to it today after dealing with other things. I have added all the files to the forums/spelling folder. I uploaded admin_spellcheck.php to the forum/admin folder. I uploaded ENGLISH.DIC to the modules/forums folder. And I've been following the PHPNuke_install instructions, i'm assuming that is right.

I went into the spell_config.php file and it says to set the $spell_config.php['DB_Type"] = "PHPNuke";

It lists a bunch of those with different types and says "uncomment whichever line you need". What does that mean? And then when I go into administration/forums and click on spell check it says: You must choose a database type in the Spell Configuration file.

It also says you must delete the SpellCheck admin files since they are not secured on PHPNuke. What files if any do I need to delete?

And then I opened the templates/subsilver/posting_body.tpl and edited what they said, but it doesn't work. I've double checked everything so is the problem with the spell_config.php DB Type or something else? Thanks for all your help.

Telli
Site Admin
1.06 posts per day

Ok the admin php page is only there to upload the ENGLISH.DIC and make the neccasary tables in your database for the spelling words. AFter you have run the file you can delete it because it is not safe on your server hackers can enter sql querys through the page. By running I mean after you installed the ENGLISH.DIC.

To comment out something just add 2 backslashes before it like so

//$string or variable here;

When adding these modifications you have to edit the themes/YOUR_THEME/forums/posting_body.tpl also or you wont see it.

iluvgolf18
CZ Newbie
0.00 posts per day
 Yahoo Messenger  
Ok, i'm feeling pretty stupid right about now, but what else is new lol. I took out the // in front of the PHPNuke string. Is that right or do I have to leave them there and take out the ones in front of the other strings? I also deleted the admin_spellcheck.php file. Do I need to delete the spell_admin.php file too? I just don't want to delete anything I need. And I checked in the posting_body.tpl file and I added the javascript spelling code at the very beginning of the posting_body.tpl file like they said. And I couldn't find a <span class="smalltext"> like the one they said, but I did find a <span class="gen"> with the same other things they mention, the only thing different was the "gen". I don't know what I'm missing here for it to show up. If I can't get it I will try to get Netty to look at it maybe she will see something I don't.

Telli
Site Admin
1.06 posts per day

Alot of themes are differant and sometimes adding these extras can be very difficult. So dont fret it.

What your trying to find in the posting_body.tpl is the bottom of the textarea thats where you want to add the button so look in your themes for something like this:

{MESSAGE}</textarea>
           </span></td>
        </tr>

And add it right after that its in all themes and if you use the notetab light thats in our downloads it has a search function so you can just copy the code into and press search and it will take you right to it.
The javascript part just goes at the very top of the posting_body.tpl. Then try and see if you see the button but remember you have to make the changes to all the themes you want it to appear on.

Telli

Add To: Del.icio.us  Digg  Google  Spurl  Blink  Furl  Y! MyWeb  
<< View previous topic View next topic >>

Jump to