Share: Del.icio.us  Digg  Google  Spurl  Blink  Furl  Y! MyWeb  
#1   Web Site Hosting Needed Quickly
SqueakeyCat
CZ Active Member
SqueakeyCat has been a member for over 19 year's 19 Year Member
usa.gif florida.gif
Fav. Sports Team: sry, no like sports
0.02 posts per day

I'm not really sure where to put this, so I just put it here on the board.

I'm back with another question, and not sure where to find it here on ur site if it is here.

I'd like to know if you have Web Hosting available. I need a new place to put all my site pages. I was using another site to host my pages on, but, bcuz i "asked too many questions" the idiot banned me.

I am on a limited income, and I try to pay what I can, but when someone tells u that u can host ur web site on their server, for what ever u can afford each month, and then turns around and tells u that ur "measley" little $25 a month is "piddly squat" compared to others that also pay to host, I feel it's not right nor fair to me to be treated that way.

Now, thanks to his being an derrière to me today, I have a league page that has NO place to b put, cuz idk how to redirect the page from my site at bravenet.com. I am also working on a new style of page for the league page, and its taken me 2 months to even try to get it to work right.

I need some help, and need it quick. I can't help it if I only have a limited amt that I can use to pay for a host site (or what ever u want to call it), but when ur on a limited income, u have to use what u can, and some places just aren't willing to work with ppl on a limited income.

Also, a lot of places, are not willing to work with people that can only pay by money order. This is one of the probs I face with using bravenet.com and their sites. Don't get me wrong, I like using my pages that I have there, I just can't afford their prices all at one time.

I have also been informed that the $25 that I was paying the person is also VERY high for one month. I was told that I would have 24/7 support for my site, and instead, I was getting brown earth for support. I was also supposed to have help 24/7 for anything that was site related that I didn't know how to do, for which I also was getting brown earth for support.

I am now missing 3/4 of the pages & material that I had on the site as well. I don't know what can be done about it, as it was a verbal agreement, and I know those don't go too far now-a-days.

So any help on this would b appreciated. I also know that you have codezhost.com. This is one reason for putting this question on the board. I'm hoping to b able to get a lot of questions answered, that have NOT and were NOT answered by the person who's server I was using for my site.

So PLZ HELP

Kim
(SqueakeyCat)

P.S......HI EV1....back again....Hope u all r doing good.

Back to top Reply with quote
#2   re: Web Site Hosting Needed Quickly
redhot_2oo3
PayPal Donation
CZ Moderator
redhot_2oo3 has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
uk.gif
0.08 posts per day

$25 a month is indeed a lot for a non-commercial hosting service. Codezhost plans start at $3.99 a month, and are perfectly adequate for most uses.

It's not usual however, for hosting companies to help with anything other than hosting issues. After all, they're not a help site.

Here at Codezwiz, you have the best of both worlds, good, affordable hosting, plus a help site!

Paying by anything other than Credit Card, or something like Paypal is always going to slow the process down. Maybe you could open a Paypal account, or get someone you know who has a credit card to pay, and reimburse them.

#3   re: Web Site Hosting Needed Quickly
SqueakeyCat
CZ Active Member
SqueakeyCat has been a member for over 19 year's 19 Year Member
usa.gif florida.gif
Fav. Sports Team: sry, no like sports
0.02 posts per day

I realize that it may slow the process down some by paying by money order....but it is the only means I have that I can pay by....

and.....as I knew well enough...other sites that I had asked the other night as well as here...told me that they only accept either credit cards or pay pal...to which I have no access to either.

so, if there is an address that I can send payment to, please let me know....cuz...as you pointed out...I would have the best of both worlds and at least be able to get some help if need be by using Codezhost for my web site.

ty

kim

Back to top Reply with quote
Add To: Del.icio.us  Digg  Google  Spurl  Blink  Furl  Y! MyWeb  
<< View previous topic View next topic >>

Jump to