Code won't "stick" in WYSIWYG editor or HTML.

<< View previous topic View next topic >>
Share: Del.icio.us  Digg  Google  Spurl  Blink  Furl  Y! MyWeb  
#1   Code won't "stick" in WYSIWYG editor or HTML.
sdean
CZ Newbie
sdean has been a member for over 15 year's 15 Year Member
usa.gif
0.00 posts per day

Hello,

Can anyone tell my why my code won't stick? When I put in the code and save changes it won't show up. During the edit it will show after I've refreshed but saving changes causes it to disappear. Any help would be most appreciated!! :-)

Back to top Reply with quote
Telli
Site Admin
Telli has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
Fav. Sports Team: Detroit Red Wings
1.06 posts per day

Can you paste and example of what your trying to put in?

Alos where are you trying to post it? Forums, Messages, Story etc.

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee. Ezekiel 25:17
liltiggerlvr
CZ Newbie
liltiggerlvr has been a member for over 15 year's 15 Year Member
0.00 posts per day

I am having the same problem I have put what I want to put on my front page and it seems to work and it seems to disappear as soon as I save it.

here is one example:
<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-collapse: collapse" bordercolor="#ffffff" width="250" height="100">
<marquee direction="up" scrollamount="1" width=250 height=100 onmouseover='this.stop()' onmouseout='this.start()'><center><Font size="2" face="verdana"><Font color="#000000">*** RULES!!! ***
  • LEAGUE INFO/RULES: Friendliness and Sportsmanship are to be displayed in Tournaments and League games saying good luck (gl) and good game (gg) is not only required but appreciated from your opponent. NO "gg" or "good game" before the 8 ball has been sunk.

• RE:HOSTS: THERE SHALL BE NO DISRESPECTING HOST’S, STAFF or MEMBER’S at ANYTIME. NO CAPS OR SPAMMING THEY ARE USED FOR THE HOST ONLY.

• TOURNAMENT PLAY: IF YOUR IN A TOURNEY YOU MAY NOT PLAY ON OTHER TABLES OR IN ANOTHER ROOM you may however play on a training table in the same room that the league is in.

• WINNING: When reporting to the host please report to the host as follows so we know who won the tournament WINNER///OPPONENT.

• DISPUTES: If a dispute comes up during a tournament please bring it to the attention of the TD or HTD at that time of the tournament, don’t wait until later when the game is finished; as we can fix it but it is quicker to have it reported earlier rather than later.

• PAIRINGS: Please wait for pairings to be announced before MAKING a table and WAIT to be invited to tournament games. PLEASE allow time to be invited before asking for timer. The person first name that is called in pairings Must make the table, and has first choice of seats. In finals, HOST will invite first name in pairings first and allow that person first seat choice.

• PLAYING: The Cue ball MUST be moved on break. It can’t be moved and put back, but it MUST be moved. No Soft Breaks & No forced forfeits 8 Ball in on the break is a re-rack. There will be NO ball in hand for break shots resulting in ball choice. If you move the ball, please stand/quit/forfeit. Absolutely NO SAFETY SHOTS!! A Safety Shot is a shot made where the goal is not to pocket an object ball, but rather to reposition the cue ball. It is usually a defensive play and is made when the player cannot find a reasonable shot so instead; opts to reposition the cue ball to minimize his opponent's chances of scoring.

• WARNING: 7 minute limit on boots before you receive a loss. Being timed means you are disqualified from tourney and your opponent automatically wins. SE you get 1 timer, D/E you get 2 timers in Swiss tourney you get two 7 minute timers.

• LANGUAGE: NO FOUL LANGUAGE this includes vulgar or nasty talks in lobby to anyone. We are a family league and we do not allow anything with F in abbreviations either so If you don't have something nice to say don’t say nothing at all.

• CHEATING: NO BOOSTING OR CHEATING will be tolerated. This includes but not limited to throwing games to help someone move up in rank, or playing ratings above 1799 if you do you will be BOXED. NO RATINGS OVER 1799 ALLOWED IN THE LEAGUE. NO auto-aim programs allowed here if you’re found using one you will be kicked from the league!!

• YAHOO’D: There are some things beyond the control of all of us, "Yahooed".... if you get Yahooed...grin and bear it, You also have the option of spamming them or ignoring them we all get them, it's just a game and it's meant to be enjoyed. Don’t cause trouble for everyone one else just play to have fun and enjoy yourself!!!!

• FROM THE STAFF: Last but not least THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING ANGELS/DEVILS!!! Now let’s get out there and PLAY some POOL and have some fun!!!!!! :^)

• </font>
    </font>

This is my second one:
    <style>
    <!--
    body{
    background: url('http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa289/liltiggerlvr1974/mapleleafback.gif') fixed;}
    //--></style>

I don't know what to do and I have been working at this for way too long icon_sad.gif Can someone please help me

Telli
    Site Admin
    1.06 posts per day

You forgot to add your:

</marquee>

It needs to go after the text that you want scrolling.

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee. Ezekiel 25:17
    Telli
    Site Admin
    1.06 posts per day

Guess you got it sorted. icon_question.gif

Add To: Del.icio.us  Digg  Google  Spurl  Blink  Furl  Y! MyWeb  
    << View previous topic View next topic >>

Jump to