<< View previous topic View next topic >>
Share: Del.icio.us  Digg  Google  Spurl  Blink  Furl  Y! MyWeb  
#1   Forum name removal phpnuke
joeontherun
CZ Newbie
 Codezwiz Site Donator
joeontherun has been a member for over 17 year's 17 Year Member
0.00 posts per day

Hi guys love the forum used a few tips from it all ready on my site im looking for anouther spicific tip that has been bugging me for a few years now and cant find it mentioned on most forums, i will put up a screen dump so you can understand what i want to remove iv looked all over the forum files to modify this but get stuck trying to find it any help would be appreciated,

Its like some kind of forum banner but just saying the forums name

Back to top Reply with quote
Telli
Site Admin
Telli has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
Fav. Sports Team: Detroit Red Wings
1.06 posts per day

Here you go...
[ Register or login to view links on this board. ]

Let us know if you have any other problems.

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee. Ezekiel 25:17
#3   re: Forum name removal phpnuke
joeontherun
CZ Newbie
 Codezwiz Site Donator
0.00 posts per day

Thanks alot for your help with this issue i tryed searching for this string but could not find it in the file that was stated to search,

if (!$is_inline_review & $mod_name != "Private Messages") {
title("$sitename: $mod_name");
}

I tryed searching a few other places to,

#4   re: Forum name removal phpnuke
joeontherun
CZ Newbie
 Codezwiz Site Donator
0.00 posts per day

Ok sorry i'm bad i took anouther double take at the file stated and realised i over looked the code and did as asked and i got rid of that header thank you very much, your the king of phpnuke issues,

I don't mean to be a pain just 1 more question this has been more of a pain than anything and i think i will have my phpnuke the way i like it theres an issue were as when my members log in the main page does not animate like to say theres been new posts, The actually need to go right in to the topics then back out for the icons to change,

I was thinking the only way to get this to do this by defualt would be to direct the logins to the actual topics rather than the main page or can you help me work out how to get them animating on there first login to the main page,

i'm so happy i got rid of that header you've made me really happy i can see a bit more of my forum now thank you,

Telli
Site Admin
1.06 posts per day

When you say animate do you mean the New Post Folder image is not blinking?

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee. Ezekiel 25:17
#6   re: Forum name removal phpnuke
joeontherun
CZ Newbie
 Codezwiz Site Donator
0.00 posts per day

Yea bud your right on its like when you sighn in there is no animation then once you actualy go in to the forum then back out the animation starts i always thought the animation is ment to start as soon as you log on the forum,

Maby im wrong,

Telli
Site Admin
1.06 posts per day

Check your cookie settings in the Forums configuration. Try removing anything in the cookie name input.

#8   re: Forum name removal phpnuke
joeontherun
CZ Newbie
 Codezwiz Site Donator
0.00 posts per day

Hi mate thanks for the quick reply have now removed the name which was phpbb2mysql <<< dont know if that would couse the issue but will let you know how it goes,

Im going to send you a donation for your help thanks alot,

#9   re: Forum name removal phpnuke
joeontherun
CZ Newbie
 Codezwiz Site Donator
0.00 posts per day

tryed as you sais but no luck came on my forum this morning to find there was new posts but no icon animation i had to go in to my topics and back out to main page to get them to activate very weard,

icon_rolleyes.gif

Telli
Site Admin
1.06 posts per day

Does it say your logged in on the index the first time you visit it?

Do you have anything set for the cookie path? Try removing it or if it is empty put a forward slash there. (/)

Is your site on a sub domain?

Add To: Del.icio.us  Digg  Google  Spurl  Blink  Furl  Y! MyWeb  
<< View previous topic View next topic >>

Jump to