PHPNuke, Header, Flash and IFrame?

<< View previous topic View next topic >>
Share: Del.icio.us  Digg  Google  Spurl  Blink  Furl  Y! MyWeb  
#1   PHPNuke, Header, Flash and IFrame?
mud_pyro
CZ Newbie
mud_pyro has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
0.00 posts per day

ok... i am running out of places to look. i hope to god yo ucan guys help me out... cause its really starting to p*** me off.

i am using phpnuke 7. i want to have the header in my site be a lfash with navigation and a cdplayer with multiple tracks on it. thast not the issue.. i can mkae the flash.. and i know how to change the code to display the flash. my problem is that everytime someone clicks a link, the water header reloads. now, if i didnt have the music goin, it would be no big deal. but i dont expect my vistors to sit there and not do anyting until the song is over before the click on another link.

now... i knwo its possible to set up an iframe based theme, and i have heard that its not the easiest thing to do (the extent of the feedback i have gotten from close to 30 diffrent forums and emails). great.. i understand those things. isnt ther a theme out there that is already based on iframes? am i the only person out of the billions on this planet that want to do this with phpnuke?

if someone knows of a theme out there based on iframes, please, PLEASE tell me where it is. i dont care if it only has jpgs and gifs at the moment (though i dont know why it would) i can change and modify all of that stuff.

or if someone here knows how to adjust my theme.php, index.php, or whatever_else.php to accom[plish what i want... i would but you the swedish bikini team for a week. even if you know of a site that sells a template doing what i want... ill take that link too. i am desperate. this has begun to consume me... i can sleep... i keep kicking my dog... (i dont really have a dog)

HELP!?!?!?!?!? BangHead.gif

thanx

Back to top Reply with quote
Staffie
CZ Revered Member
 Codezwiz Site Donator
Staffie has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
uk.gif
0.19 posts per day

Just a thought before this goes deeper.... ever thought of making your flash player in a little window like we have on our site??

If you look on the right hand blocks you will see we have a flash mp3 player and with it we have added an option to use the remote. When the button is clicked it will open in a new window which is sepearate from the main theme and can allow the user to listen to the music and surf your site at the same time providing they dont close the window.

This is an idea and could save you a lot of time. Iframes are tricky and for what it is worth a remote player is handy.

icon_mrgreen.gif

<< View previous topic View next topic >>

Jump to