Share: Del.icio.us  Digg  Google  Spurl  Blink  Furl  Y! MyWeb  
#1   More Problems with Edit Profile
Purus
CZ Super Newbie
Purus has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
usa.gif newyork.gif
Fav. Sports Team: US Junior Orienteering Team
0.01 posts per day

Man, it seems like every time I try to edit the usercp_registration.php file something new goes wrong. Now it simply gives the "file not found" error when you try to update your forums profile. What could be causing this? What file is it trying to load? I haven't deleted or moved any files, so I can't figure out why it would suddenly disappear.

Or maybe it is just something else. Sometimes I feel like such a noob. Oh wait, I am icon_mrgreen.gif

Purus
CZ Super Newbie
usa.gif newyork.gif
0.01 posts per day

Hmm... It only says "file not found" when you are logged in as admin. When you are logged in only as a regular user and try to edit your profile it says "This module isn't active". I checked my modules list and can't figure out why it would say the module isn't active. What module is it referring to? The forums module? Your Account? Private Messages? Those are the only possibilities I could think of, and those three are active. Does this mean something else is wrong?

Telli
Site Admin
Telli has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
Fav. Sports Team: Detroit Red Wings
1.06 posts per day

Ok before you install the mods the forums works fine?

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee. Ezekiel 25:17
Back to top Reply with quote
Purus
CZ Super Newbie
usa.gif newyork.gif
0.01 posts per day

Yeah, everything was working fine before I added two new fields to the profile. I didn't install any mods though. eusa_think.gif

Telli
Site Admin
1.06 posts per day

Well if I had to guess I would guess they wernt installed correctly. You have to make sure to follow the directions exactly. Then it should work fine also make sure the hack you are tryin to use is compatible with your version of nuke.

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee. Ezekiel 25:17
Purus
CZ Super Newbie
usa.gif newyork.gif
0.01 posts per day

Yeah, I figured I had just made a mistake in the coding, but the error is a weird one. I wasn't sure if it was caused by something else, as it doesn't really relate to anything in the code. Why would it say that the module isn't active?

I have used this "add profile field" tutorial before and it worked fine, so it isn't an issue with compatibality. I guess I will just have to retrace my steps. icon_rolleyes.gif

Thanks for the help anyway though.

Purus
CZ Super Newbie
usa.gif newyork.gif
0.01 posts per day

Ok, I just uploaded a backup of the file usercp_register.php that has always worked fine, but it didn't help. It still gives the "Sorry, this Module isn't active!" error when you try to edit your profile. It must be a problem with something else, but I can't remember changing anything else. What module is it accessing when you edit your profile info?

Telli
Site Admin
1.06 posts per day

Forums

Do you have alot of mods added? Maybe just reupload the forums just dont overwrite the config file in there.

Purus
CZ Super Newbie
usa.gif newyork.gif
0.01 posts per day

Woah, that sounds risky icon_eek.gif What exactly should I upload? The entire forums folder except for the config.php file?

Telli
Site Admin
1.06 posts per day

You dont remember what you have added since it worked?

Add To: Del.icio.us  Digg  Google  Spurl  Blink  Furl  Y! MyWeb  
<< View previous topic View next topic >>

Jump to