<< View previous topic View next topic >>
Share: Del.icio.us  Digg  Google  Spurl  Blink  Furl  Y! MyWeb  
#1   removing login option on forum page
Turbo
CZ Super Newbie
Turbo has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
usa.gif maine.gif
0.01 posts per day

what I'm looking to do is have my visitors only be able to login from the user login block- right now they can login at the forum page too--

I wish to only "remark" out the part of the code that makes the login table show up....... do i have to put 2 backslashes at the end too?

I did remove the login.php from the forum module but the login table still shows up...
much thanks-

Turbo

Telli
Site Admin
Telli has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
Fav. Sports Team: Detroit Red Wings
1.06 posts per day

No just at the beginning but there are quite a few spots to look for it. I dont recall off hand but if you commented out the line then keep looking for more instances.

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee. Ezekiel 25:17
Back to top Reply with quote
Turbo
CZ Super Newbie
usa.gif maine.gif
0.01 posts per day

Hi telli-
whats happening is when you log in at the forum page it does not log you in at the site, but when you log in at the site it logs you in at the forums as it should...odd huh-- shouldn't it work both ways??

maybe an easier fix with these added details??

Turbo

Telli
Site Admin
1.06 posts per day

That is strange is this a standard nuke install?

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee. Ezekiel 25:17
Turbo
CZ Super Newbie
usa.gif maine.gif
0.01 posts per day

nuke 6.9--

Telli
Site Admin
1.06 posts per day

Well if I where you I would make a database backup of my forums and my users and then I would install nuke in another directory and and see if it works it sounds like your installation either didnt go right or you have have added some mods that arnt letting it work correctly.

Turbo
CZ Super Newbie
usa.gif maine.gif
0.01 posts per day

ok-- its likely an installation issue then, because i have not added any mods to the forums--

TY

Turbo
CZ Super Newbie
usa.gif maine.gif
0.01 posts per day

actually i think I know what might have happened--I had a stand alone phpbb at my old site before I installed nuke--

I thought they were the same version so I took the DB backup from my old forum and used it as a restore in my "new" included phbb forum of nuke trying to carry over the membership--it did not work :-), but all seemed fine otherwise till now...I think i did a boo-boo icon_redface.gif

lessons learned the hard way--- icon_biggrin.gif

Turbo
CZ Super Newbie
usa.gif maine.gif
0.01 posts per day

I was able to remove the login option to force visitors to log in at the main site and not from the forum page--

i thought it was as easy as removing the login body.tpl file but the dern thing kept showing up- turns out you need to remove code from the indexbody.tpl file- any one needs help with this similiar problem i can help-

there is one line left in it im not sure what its actually doing--

<br clear="all" /> any ideas??

i should leave well enuf alone because it is working but curiouse minds need ta know!! icon_biggrin.gif
Turb

Telli
Site Admin
1.06 posts per day

The clear="all" attribute means that the next element should appear below all other elements, regardless of alignment. Basically, if you have a left or right aligned image or table (align="left/right"), you can use <br clear="all" /> to force the next text to appear below the aligned image/table, no matter how tall it is. If you omit the clear="all", the next text will still be to the side of the image/table.

Add To: Del.icio.us  Digg  Google  Spurl  Blink  Furl  Y! MyWeb  
<< View previous topic View next topic >>

Jump to