Charging for sigs, logo's, and help. Has it come to that?

<< View previous topic View next topic >>
Share: Del.icio.us  Digg  Google  Spurl  Blink  Furl  Y! MyWeb  
#1   Charging for sigs, logo's, and help. Has it come to that?
Telli
Site Admin
Telli has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
Fav. Sports Team: Detroit Red Wings
1.06 posts per day

It has come to my attention that a user on this site making requests for images is passing this work off as his own. Do we need to start charging for our work? Or better yet how about we stick a big ole fat Copyright on it?

Everything we offer to you is free but at the same time it really hurts the image maker or flash maker when they have to to another site and see some claiming thier work. If we made it then we made it thats it. I myself dont do too many logo requests and from what has happened I dunno if the rest really want to do anymore either. Like they say one bad apple can ruin the whole bunch.

If you dont know what im talking about then have a look at this request:
[ Register or login to view links on this board. ]

Then go where he is so proud of making his new sig and telling everyone how he made it.
[ Register or login to view links on this board. ]

I dont go for this b.s and would hope the rest of the members have the respect to not claim something they didnt make.

As for JD_Exclusive he is banned into the wastelands.

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee. Ezekiel 25:17
Back to top Reply with quote
#2   re: Charging for sigs, logo's, and help. Has it come to that
Danny
CZ Active Member
Danny has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
0.02 posts per day

Thanks At Codezwiz

[ Register or login to view links on this board.]

#3   re: Charging for sigs, logo's, and help. Has it come to that
GRIM
CZ Active Member
 Codezwiz Site Donator
GRIM has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
usa.gif
0.02 posts per day

You know its really sad when it comes down to it....people claiming someone elses hard work an there art when in all actuality where is the credit for the creator? Claiming someone elses work, design or anything else for that matter is just sad and shows how lame you are, really you dont even need to be on the net! bathtub when you get quality design and support for free from a great staff like all the admins. and staff on this site the least you could do is show a little respect! I would hate to see it come down to it where you had to pay for all the great things these people do on here!!! If it does come down to it, so be it....Codezwiz will always have my support icon_wink.gif

#4   re: Charging for sigs, logo's, and help. Has it come to that
annetje77
CZ Addict
annetje77 has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
belgium.gif
0.05 posts per day

Thats very lame of that guy!!!!! Why cant they just give credit to the ones who deserves it ?!?!

Staffie
CZ Revered Member
 Codezwiz Site Donator
Staffie has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
uk.gif
0.19 posts per day

In the end it is really sad but if we have to start putting limits on our stuff to stop people from treatung them as their own we will have no hesitation. As telli said we are giving you our services for free but in return we do expect a little respect and i thank the majority for supporting us.

we would like everyone to do their best to snub out people like this and make codezwiz a place for all to enjoy and get along, a place where our services do mean something to all involved.

#6   re: Charging for sigs, logo's, and help. Has it come to that
echo
CZ Wiz
 Codezwiz Site Donator
echo has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
0.15 posts per day

That's just wrong. I would be affraid of pretending to be the author of such fine artwork as the codezwiz staff creates...I mean, someone would eventually ask you to make something for them...then what do you say? "Oh sorry I forgot how to do that uber flash effect" or " Sorry I just fell off the turnip truck and bumped my head" icon_neutral.gif A well deserved ban IMHO.

#7   re: Charging for sigs, logo's, and help. Has it come to that
RedWolf111
CZ Addict
RedWolf111 has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
usa.gif wisconsin.gif
0.08 posts per day

I agree with everything that has been said in all your posts. To be honest with ya, all the great image work that this staff and members produce has inspired me to keep trying to learn how to create stuff like that. Only to be able to give back to the site as another helpful member. When I requested my sig, I even asked that codezwiz.com was on it along with the league that I am a part of. I didn't know at the time if the league forum allowed flash or codezwiz would have had an instant link with every post I make. I feel that having codezwiz on my sig is a small way to say "thanks" to the site that deserves it and if I would have thought of it sooner I would have mentioned to Taut that she could have even had it say in a corner that it was "Graphics by Taut" or whatever. Either way please give credit where credit is due. I think maybe one thing is that all free graphics made for others should have some mention of who made it or codezwiz on it. If they do not like having that on there then may I suggest downloading psp and making their own. Just my opinion..........

RedWolf111

P.S. I am proud to tell people about the great help that I recieve from CODEZWIZ.COM and that my graphics were made by TAUT....icon_biggrin.gif

MonkyAround
CZ Super Newbie
MonkyAround has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
0.01 posts per day
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  
Lame people these days..they will never learn..I think that dude deserved 1000000000000000000000000000000 wet noodle lashes! lol icon_smile.gif icon_biggrin.gif

#9   re: Charging for sigs, logo's, and help. Has it come to that
Milkman
CZ Super Newbie
Milkman has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
0.01 posts per day

Too bad that he is a loser! Codewiz rocks, all of you guys really helped with my site. This is an awesome community that you guys have built, and one bad apple cant ruin that.

#10   Re: re: Charging for sigs, logo's, and help. Has it come to
Milkman
CZ Super Newbie
Milkman has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
0.01 posts per day

Originally posted by vov_frodo_vov:

As much as the net provides useful resources, it also brings us closer to the idiots!

Thats because the universe is made up of 20% protons, 20% neutrons, 30% electrons, and 30% morons.

I hope codewiz is not thinking of closing up shop.

Add To: Del.icio.us  Digg  Google  Spurl  Blink  Furl  Y! MyWeb  
<< View previous topic View next topic >>

Jump to