Share: Del.icio.us  Digg  Google  Spurl  Blink  Furl  Y! MyWeb  
#1   Members List Not Updating
Purus
CZ Super Newbie
Purus has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
usa.gif newyork.gif
Fav. Sports Team: US Junior Orienteering Team
0.01 posts per day

My members list appears to have stopped updating at member 97. There are at least 105 members, but none of the new ones appear on the members list. Also, the User Info block (from here) displays the member count at 98 (97 plus the default Guest account which seems to be account number 1). I can't remember what I may have modified which would affect this. There is a similar problem with the Administration page where the recent news articles should be. It also stopped displaying new articles.

Any idea what may be wrong? I wish I could pinpoint the problem, but I can't seem to remember modifying anything that would affect this. eusa_think.gif

#2   re: Members List Not Updating
Telli
Site Admin
Telli has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
Fav. Sports Team: Detroit Red Wings
1.06 posts per day

Can you attach the Members_List/index.php and what version of Nuke is this?

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee. Ezekiel 25:17
Back to top Reply with quote
#3   re: Members List Not Updating
Purus
CZ Super Newbie
usa.gif newyork.gif
0.01 posts per day

I think it has to do with my Nuke install. It is version 6.9, but I am running 6.9 (a different download thouhg) on another site and it is running smoothly. The original download appears to be a bit buggy. Is it possible to upgrade to the new download (same version of Nuke) without wiping out the database? I imagine I can just replace all the files with the new ones?

#4   re: Members List Not Updating
Telli
Site Admin
Telli has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
Fav. Sports Team: Detroit Red Wings
1.06 posts per day

Yup sure can

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee. Ezekiel 25:17
Back to top Reply with quote
#5   re: Members List Not Updating
Purus
CZ Super Newbie
usa.gif newyork.gif
0.01 posts per day

Arg... Didn't change anything. I think it must be in the SQL.

Here is the full deal...

I installed Nuke 6.9 on thewaterstop.org back in December, and have had quite a few problems with it. I downloaded a different version of 6.9 for another site that I set up in late January, ciaozone.com. This one has worked flawlessly. I just now tried uploading all the files from the new download to thewaterstop.org to see if it would fix the problems, but it didn't change anything. Here is a list of the problems I have been having on thewaterstop.org that don't occur on ciaozone.com:

1.) I can't set a user as administrator in the forums (even myself). When you select Administrator from the drop down menu in the member permissions page and click submit, it acts as if it has done it, but it doesn't actually change anything. The same is true for moderator status on the boards. I have to use usergroups to give members moderator status.

2.) At about News Article 16, the main admin page (admin.php) stopped updating with each new story. Now it updates with a new story once in a while, but there are big gaps in the list where stories should be listed.

3.) The members list stopped updating at 99 members (plus one for the original Anonymous user), and the CZ-UserInfo block lists the member count at 100 when it is really around 128.

4.) Modules don't show up after uploading them to the server, and therefore are impossible to activate. Only admins can use new modules, but since they aren't on any menus, only by typing in the url.

There are a couple other instances, but they aren't on the top of my head right now. My guess is that this is an issue with the SQL since that is about the only thing that is different between the two sites right now. They all have the same files and modifications, only the original nuke.sql files were from different downloads.

Is it possible to reinstall my SQL with the new nuke.sql file, or will this wipe-out my database?

Sorry about the lengthy post, I just wanted to make my problem clear... Thanks a lot for all the help Telli. Here's one for you eusa_boohoo.gif

#6   re: Members List Not Updating
Purus
CZ Super Newbie
usa.gif newyork.gif
0.01 posts per day

Grrr... I just uploaded the Gallery from Menalto and it doesn't display in Nuke because new modules aren't showing up icon_evil.gif If anyone knows a good fix for this I would really appreciate it.

Add To: Del.icio.us  Digg  Google  Spurl  Blink  Furl  Y! MyWeb  
<< View previous topic View next topic >>

Jump to