Danny
CZ Active Member
Danny has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
0.02 posts per day

Now it works....

Nice this theme-shop

We ar ar working here in Belgium for a great BMW Center

BMW Cars and Mini Cooper.....20 Sites

I hope that one of yours have thime for create my clock ==> Mini Logo ==> Forum Flash help

#6   re: @ Staff of Codezwiz
Kelly_Hero
PayPal Donation
CZ Revered Member
 Codezwiz Site Donator
Kelly_Hero has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
usa.gif southcarolina.gif
0.50 posts per day

Danny, think about it for one minute. You are asking us to create something for you - for FREE, so that you can turn around and get paid for making it? I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm pretty sure that no one here is going to do it.

Now, if you want to put BMW in touch with me or anyone else on the Staff and let them pay US for making the graphics, that's a different story!! icon_wink.gif

Kelly

Back to top Reply with quote
Staffie
CZ Revered Member
 Codezwiz Site Donator
Staffie has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
uk.gif
0.19 posts per day

we WILL NOT amke you more stuff for you to get paid by someone else for it. If things continue we will have to start charging people for graphics and i can tell you now we dont want to do it but thats what it will come down to eventually.

I think most of the members will back us up here by saying how sad it is that you are actually getting paid for something we have made for you for free.

We WILL start to charge for our services if this stuff continues any i believe many others here will not be happy.

#8   re: @ Staff of Codezwiz
redhot_2oo3
PayPal Donation
CZ Moderator
redhot_2oo3 has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
uk.gif
0.08 posts per day

This is my individual opinion and not an official Codezwiz policy statement. icon_neutral.gif

It's pretty clear that some distinction has to be made as to what is conserdered 'help' and what can be considered as just trying to get things done for free that would normally have to be paid for.

Designing websites and graphics, and producing music, is what we do for a living and we have bills to pay. If we don't work, we don't get paid. We come here to help people out with their projects, make them a sig or an avatar, or help them get their league page set up etc. I think all the staff members get pleasure out of doing this, and for most of the members we are happy to do it.

Some people, however, see it as an opportunity to get someone to do work for free that should earn them money. Commercial sites (in my opinion) should not get the same free service as personal or MyLeague sites.

Therefore, I personally will be happy to do images, Flash logo's, Flash Splash pages or music for members with commercial sites, but I will quote the job and expect to be paid for it before it's handed over, and will apply our normal Terms and Conditions of Business to it.

Furthermore, I have decided that I will no longer undertake any work, free or not, for sites involved with cracking Yahoo ID's. This is something that I am strongly opposed to and to continue to do so seems to me to be an endorsement of it.

#9   Re: re: @ Staff of Codezwiz
Kelly_Hero
PayPal Donation
CZ Revered Member
 Codezwiz Site Donator
Kelly_Hero has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
usa.gif southcarolina.gif
0.50 posts per day

Originally posted by redhot_2oo3:

This is my individual opinion and not an official Codezwiz policy statement. icon_neutral.gif

Same goes for me.

I love helping people here at Codezwiz. I spend at least a couple of hours out of my day - every day - working on logos, or looking up resources, writing tutorials, or helping people one-on-one. Every member of this Staff does the same. This is volunteer work. None of us gets paid for it. We do it because we enjoy it, and I'm pretty sure the members of this community who volunteer their time and efforts feel the same way.

I still think this is THE BEST help forum on the Internet. I have been around many help forums and have seen how people needing help are treated by the people who are supposedly the "experts". People who come here for assistance are treated with respect (unless they don't show respect from the start), and every effort is made to help them sort out whatever it is they need help with. They're not told to piss off or look elsewhere to find help. That is what drew me here and what made me want to become a part of the Staff.

However, there comes a point when a line has to be drawn between helping people who genuinely need and appreciate it, and those who just come here to use the resources provided because they're either too lazy to search for what they need, or to learn how to do it for themselves. Those people don't appreciate the time spent doing stuff for them, whether it's done by Staff or community members. They don't stick around and try to help other people. They simply come, take what they want, without giving anything back to the community. Those people are also the ones who remove copyrights and claim the work as their own.

Over the past couple of months, we've seen more and more people coming here, joining the community simply to get free graphics. We, the Staff, have had to set limits on the number of requests people can make. We've discussed putting our mark on the images that we create so that people can't claim them as their own work. We've discussed all sorts of rules and limitations designed to stop these people from taking advantage of help that is so freely given in the first place. We've even discussed closing down the graphics department for good. I, for one, can tell you that this takes alot of the joy out of what we do.

Where will it end? Will this community end up in the toilet like so many others have done before it? Will the community members and Staff become so sick of being used that we stop helping people? I hope not. It would really be a shame to see something so wonderful come to an end just because of people who could care less about it in the first place.

One more thing before I get down off my soapbox. icon_mrgreen.gif I do appreciate the members of this community who stick in here and support it. I appreciate the time and effort that you put in to help others and to making this the best help forum around. Without you all, the Staff would have no reason to be here.

Kelly

Back to top Reply with quote
#10   re: @ Staff of Codezwiz
Danny
CZ Active Member
Danny has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
0.02 posts per day

OK I Understand, but the BMW people dont pay for the first site. I must proof before thye will accept me for the other sites... icon_sad.gif But I understand

<< View previous topic View next topic >>

Jump to