Flash sigs in a nuke bbcode forum

Post new topicThis topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.Printable Version
<< View previous topic View next topic >>
Share: Del.icio.us  Digg  Google  Spurl  Blink  Furl  Y! MyWeb  
#1   Flash sigs in a nuke bbcode forum
Wreckless
CZ Super Newbie
Wreckless has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
0.01 posts per day

I downloaded a hack to modify the code from another link I believe telli posted. I edited all of the files which I am sure I did it corectly the version of nuke I am using is 7.0 final that I downloaded from here. Nothing has changed at all in the page that I have noticed I even put the code for the sig into the sig box same as I did here.

This is the hack I downloaded below. Be advised this didn't work for me so if you grab the code it is your own fault if it doesn't work
This hack will add a new flash bbcode to your forums.
The bbcode will look like this [swf width=# height=#]url[/swf]
The bbcode will not work if width or height is left out.
This also adds buttons to your posting page so users can add flash easily.
These instructions are based on a fresh install of phpBB 2.0.4 with no other bbcode hacks installed.
If you have other bbcode hacks installed follow the directions very carefully.
Make sure you backup your files before installing this hack.
This hack was created by Curtis Sanderson. ( [ Register or login to view links on this board. ] )
This hack was modified by Ted Herman (kazoom@sympatico.ca) to provide functionality with phpBB 2.0.4.
Speak to Curtis if you have problems, I cannot provide support as I only modified the hack, I did not write it.
This hack will only work in phpBB 2.0.4.  If you are using a newer version, try this, but it may not work.
If you are using an older version of phpBB 2, download the older hack at http://www.phpbbhacks.com/viewhack.php?id=487
Support for this and other hacks can be found at http://phpbbhacks.com/forums/

---- Open /includes/bbcode.php -----

----- Find: -----

$bbcode_tpl['email'] = str_replace('{EMAIL}', '\\1', $bbcode_tpl['email']);

----- After add: -----

$bbcode_tpl['swf'] = str_replace('{WIDTH}', '\\1', $bbcode_tpl['swf']);
$bbcode_tpl['swf'] = str_replace('{HEIGHT}', '\\2', $bbcode_tpl['swf']);
$bbcode_tpl['swf'] = str_replace('{URL}', '\\3', $bbcode_tpl['swf']);

// [email]user@domain.tld[/email] code..
$patterns[] = "#\[email\]([a-z0-9\-_.]+?@[\w\-]+\.([\w\-\.]+\.)?[\w]+)\[/email\]#si";
$replacements[] = $bbcode_tpl['email'];

// [swf width=# height=#]filename[/swf]
$patterns[] = "#\[swf width=([0-9]?[0-9]?[0-9]) height=([0-9]?[0-9]?[0-9]):$uid\](.*?)\[/swf:$uid\]#si";
$replacements[] = $bbcode_tpl[swf];

// [img]image_url_here[/img] code..
$text = preg_replace("#\[img\](([a-z]+?)://([^ \n\r]+?))\[/img\]#si", "[img:$uid]\\1[/img:$uid]", $text);

// [swf width=# height=#]url[/swf]
$text = preg_replace("#\[swf width=([0-9]?[0-9]?[0-9]) height=([0-9]?[0-9]?[0-9])\](([a-z]+?)://([^, \n\r]+))\[\/swf\]#si","[swf width=\\1 height=\\2:$uid\]\\3[/swf:$uid]", $text);

----- Save, close, and upload -----

----- Open /posting.php -----

'L_BBCODE_F_HELP' => $lang['bbcode_f_help'],

----- After add: ----- If you've installed other bbcode hacks you may already have a 'L_BBCODE_R_HELP' defined. In that case pick a letter that hasn't been used and use it instead of r in this hack. If you changed the letter in this step make sure you change it in all steps.

'L_BBCODE_R_HELP' => $lang['bbcode_r_help'],

----- Open /language/lang_english/lang_main.php -----

$lang['bbcode_f_help'] = 'Font size: [size=x-small]small text[/size]';

$lang['bbcode_r_help'] = 'Flash: [swf width=# height=#]http://swf_url[/swf]';

----- Open /templates/subSilver/bbcode.tpl -----

<!-- BEGIN email --><a href="mailto:{EMAIL}">{EMAIL}</A><!-- END email -->

<!-- BEGIN swf -->
<object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=5,0,0,0" width={WIDTH} height={HEIGHT}>
<param name=movie value={URL}>
<param name=quality value="best">
<param name=menu value=false>
<param name=wmode value=transparent>
<embed src="{URL}" quality=best wmode=transparent width={WIDTH} height={HEIGHT} type="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash">
</embed>
</object>
<!-- END swf -->

----- Open /templates/subSilver/posting_body.tpl -----

f_help = "{L_BBCODE_F_HELP}";

r_help = "{L_BBCODE_R_HELP}";

----- Find: ----- In the rest of these steps pay close attention to the numbers if you've installed other bbcode hacks. The numbers should increase by 2 for each bbcode.

<td><span class="genmed">
           <input type="button" class="button" accesskey="w" name="addbbcode16" value="URL" style="text-decoration: underline; width: 40px" onClick="bbstyle(16)" onMouseOver="helpline('w')" />
           </span></td>

<td><span class="genmed">
           <input type="button" class="button" accesskey="r" name="addbbcode18" value="Flash" style="width: 40px" onClick="bbstyle(18)" onMouseOver="helpline('r')" />
           </span></td>

----- Find: ----- If you have other bbcode hacks installed do not replace but add ,'[swf width= height=]','[/swf] onto the end so it looks like ,'[swf width= height=]','[/swf]');

bbtags = new Array('[b]','[/b]','[i]','[/i]','[u]','[/u]','[quote]','[/quote]','[code]','[/code]','[list]','[/list]','[list=]','[/list]','[img]','[/img]','[url]','[/url]');

----- Replace with: -----

bbtags = new Array('[b]','[/b]','[i]','[/i]','[u]','[/u]','[quote]','[/quote]','[code]','[/code]','[list]','[/list]','[list=]','[/list]','[img]','[/img]','[url]','[/url]','[swf width= height=]','[/swf]');

<select name="addbbcode18" onChange="bbfontstyle('[color=' + this.form.addbbcode18.options[this.form.addbbcode18.selectedIndex].value + ']', '[/color]');this.selectedIndex=0;" onMouseOver="helpline('s')">

<select name="addbbcode20" onChange="bbfontstyle('[color=' + this.form.addbbcode20.options[this.form.addbbcode20.selectedIndex].value + ']', '[/color]');this.selectedIndex=0;" onMouseOver="helpline('s')">

</select>  ;;{L_FONT_SIZE}:<select name="addbbcode20" onChange="bbfontstyle('[size=' + this.form.addbbcode20.options[this.form.addbbcode20.selectedIndex].value + ']', '[/size]')" onMouseOver="helpline('f')">

</select>  ;;{L_FONT_SIZE}:<select name="addbbcode22" onChange="bbfontstyle('[size=' + this.form.addbbcode22.options[this.form.addbbcode22.selectedIndex].value + ']', '[/size]')" onMouseOver="helpline('f')">

----- Save, close and upload. -----

That's it. You should now have a working flash bbcode.

#2   re: Flash sigs in a nuke bbcode forum
Taut
PayPal Donation
CZ Revered Member
 Codezwiz Site Donator
Taut has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
usa.gif california.gif
Fav. Sports Team: SF Giants
0.72 posts per day

dunno where you got your bbcode files from but I used ours here at CZ :
[ Register or login to view links on this board. ]

about 4 days ago for a friends site and his works just fine.

try it with that mod instead

taut

Back to top Reply with quote
Wreckless
CZ Super Newbie
0.01 posts per day

I'm sorry I appreciate that i will use it also but I meant for flash sigs I thought I said that DOH..

Let me mess with this mod for a few and I'll post back if it works for what I was needing.

#4   re: Flash sigs in a nuke bbcode forum
Taut
PayPal Donation
CZ Revered Member
 Codezwiz Site Donator
usa.gif california.gif
0.72 posts per day

ok..the link I gave you to a bbcode mod is actually so you can USE flash sigs in your forums

taut

#5   re: Flash sigs in a nuke bbcode forum
Wreckless
CZ Super Newbie
0.01 posts per day

Ok I'm still working on the site, but this isn't a regular phbb forum it is a forum for nuke. I don't know if this matters. I replaced the files I had added the hack to with my backups then changed those files to the ones in the download you just gave me a link to. Still nothing differant. I'm sure I am following the directions properly. Maybe I missed something. I am posting a link to my forum and the exact directory tree of files I uploaded maybe you can see a mistake I made.
[ Register or login to view links on this board.]

Attached Files
public_html.zip (81.25 KB, Downloaded: 5238 Time(s))

#6   re: Flash sigs in a nuke bbcode forum
Wreckless
CZ Super Newbie
0.01 posts per day

Ok I have gotten the sigs to work in a plain phpbb forum only website...
I however following all instructions have not had any success making it work in a fresh nuke site phpbb forum...
Mind you, my site was down off and on for 2 days because I would replace all files with fresh ones and I mean all files...
These instructions are not hard however, some step is missing or these files do not work with the 2.0.6 phpbb/nuke forums... I have been waiting for a reply for days and have continually kept trying differant things..

I guess no one knows... not even the site that has flash sigs?!
Sounds funny put like that..
The hack at the top was one telli suggested to someone on a differant post asking the same basic thing...

#7   Re: re: Flash sigs in a nuke bbcode forum
Taut
PayPal Donation
CZ Revered Member
 Codezwiz Site Donator
usa.gif california.gif
0.72 posts per day

Originally posted by Wreckless:

.. I have been waiting for a reply for days and have continually kept trying differant things..

I guess no one knows... not even the site that has flash sigs?!
Sounds funny put like that..

do I detect a hint of sarcasm in that post? I'm sorry if your post wasn't answered in a timely fashion and as I've stated before, the same bbcode download files were installed at a friends nuke site v7.1 with bbtonuke forums v 2.0.6 and it works perfectly.

we can not help you unless you ask a specific question...a general statement of "it's not working in my site" does not constitute a question. as you mentioned, the instructions are not hard to follow. I suggest going over them line by line and see if you have missed anything.

taut

#8   re: Flash sigs in a nuke bbcode forum
RedWolf111
CZ Addict
RedWolf111 has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
usa.gif wisconsin.gif
0.07 posts per day

Just a thought......

Not sure where you are even hosting your site Wreckless, so this might not pertain to you. I used Lycos for a short while to get used to phpnuke and everything I tried to make the flash sigs to work....didnt work. Once I switched hosting companies I found lots of my stuff began to work with the least bit of effort. So if you are hosting thru Lycos "free sites" then that is more than likely the problem right there and not the codes that Taut is posting.

RedWolf111

P.S. Glitches may not be only a "Lycos" thing...check to make sure your host supports the things you are trying to add.

P.S.S. ONLY A THOUGHT....lol

#9   re: Flash sigs in a nuke bbcode forum
Kelly_Hero
PayPal Donation
CZ Revered Member
 Codezwiz Site Donator
Kelly_Hero has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
usa.gif southcarolina.gif
0.50 posts per day

I'm sorry if your post wasn't answered in a timely fashion

First post: Posted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 11:06 pm Post subject: Flash sigs in a nuke bbcode forum
First reply: Posted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 11:32 pm Post subject: re: Flash sigs in a nuke bbcode forum

Does it get anymore timely than that?

On any other forum, you're lucky to get a reply to your post within DAYS, not hours! And to follow up with that kind of attitude when someone does try to help you would get you totally ignored.

I seem to recall the same attitude when you requested your sig/av and it wasn't delivered right away. I think if you want to continue receiving help from this community, you need to leave your smartass comments and sarcasm at the door.

Kelly

#10   re: Flash sigs in a nuke bbcode forum
RedWolf111
CZ Addict
RedWolf111 has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
usa.gif wisconsin.gif
0.07 posts per day

hehe...you tell 'em Kelly. If you want to eusa_boohoo.gif then be prepared for our Hero, Kelly qleft4.gif . The friendly staff here at codezwiz XXcomputer.gif are more than happy to help.gif those of us who are doing nothing but eusa_doh.gif and BangHead.gif . They help us so we learn things about html and etc. and that makes us members blob3.gif blob5.gif blob6.gif headbang.gif hello2.gif They do their best to help out as fast as possible. In my opinion...if you dont like it... booty.gif and try to find a site that helps out better. All you will probably find is sites that make you sit and icon_scratch.gif . While I may seem a bit bduh.gif ... I notworthy.gif to the staff here because the help I recieve makes me eusa_dance.gif Thanks again CZ staff..icon_biggrin.gif

RedWolf111

Add To: Del.icio.us  Digg  Google  Spurl  Blink  Furl  Y! MyWeb  
<< View previous topic View next topic >>

Jump to