site not letting me log in?!

<< View previous topic View next topic >>
Share: Del.icio.us  Digg  Google  Spurl  Blink  Furl  Y! MyWeb  
#1   site not letting me log in?!
Wreckless
CZ Super Newbie
Wreckless has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
0.01 posts per day

The problem I am having is I am setting up a subdomain I used nuke 7.0 final from here. The install went perfect no problems database made and tables created. The problem is I created the superUser account, after creation it goes to the login and when I log in it just refreshes the login page. I have used Cpanel to create a 6.8 site and it did the same. I also asked my host if he has a buggy version up there or what, he says he uses it all the time no problems, and even he says it's weird. I deleted that install did everything manually with 7.0 no help..

I know the database is working because it knows the emails addys if you register, or after you hit the forgot password link. If you type the wrong pass it says wrong pass,but if you type the right one it just refreshes the login page nothing differant the site is currently sitting at [ Register or login to view links on this board. ]

I know this isn't a problem with the files, just looking for what could cause this. I mean anything that could prevent this from working. My other site works fine and I have installed nuke a few times no big problems. I have no restrictions on ammount of databases within reason, or site files. My host said it should work. Got any ideas?

#2   re: site not letting me log in?!
Taut
PayPal Donation
CZ Revered Member
 Codezwiz Site Donator
Taut has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
usa.gif california.gif
Fav. Sports Team: SF Giants
0.72 posts per day

have you checked to see if your superuser admin was inserted into the nuke authors table?

If everything looks ok, then I would next delete and clear your cache. Also be warned, some cookies are not fully deleted. you need a good program like window washer, which can be dl'd in the downloads section, to get rid of all the bad cookies that gets stuck in your cache.

try and re-login after clearing your cookies.

taut

P.S. I haven't forgotten your last post, so consider this your second chance at getting help here

Back to top Reply with quote
#3   re: site not letting me log in?!
Wreckless
CZ Super Newbie
0.01 posts per day

I am very sorry, I think we both got angry and said things that were less than nice.

If that statement doesn't get me removed icon_sad.gif , maybe we can just put it behind us.

I have checked my system and have no lingering cookies. My host too tried to log on with my admin username and pass he got the same thing, as did another trusted clan member of mine. I am definatly a big database noob, but I did get it installed right, not sure how to read what was wrote to the database in the authors table. I have been checkin out the author tables, all I see is code with no reference to any named user. Where would it reference the superuser? I do know that something was wrote somewhere because it let me create the user from the page, and won't show me the, you have no admins create superUser now, line again. I can give u the name and pass for the admin login of the site in a pm if you wanna try, but other than seeing the admin login refresh, I don't think it will do anygood. Any other thoughts? I'm thinking it's something out of my control hostside or something, because numorous installs using the cpanel script or manually doing it proved to have the same affect.

Again I am sorry for any of my posts that were offencive.

#4   re: site not letting me log in?!
Taut
PayPal Donation
CZ Revered Member
 Codezwiz Site Donator
usa.gif california.gif
0.72 posts per day

agreed...let's put it behind us.

now for your issue, you should be able to browse the nuke authors table and view the data. The "aid" field contains your admin nickname, and the pwd field is the password (though this will be encrypted).

can you try and create another admin name? make it totally different from your normal admin logins...just as a test. then try to login again with that "test" admin name. If that still doesn't work....

try editing your admin in the nuke authors table, and change the password to something else. Make sure it is 10 characters or less, and it also needs to be MD5 encrypted. To get it to save as encrypted, just type in the password in the pwd field and select "MD5" from the function dropdown menu. Click "Go" and it will save the info and encrypt the password for you. Now try logging in again make sure to delete cookies again just incase

taut

p.s. when i visited your site, your gif image sig is coded wrong. bbcode has to be used not html code in the sig area. so it would go like this:

[img]http://URL_to_image.gif[/img]

Wreckless
CZ Super Newbie
0.01 posts per day

ok I saw my god account name is a not null field what do I put in, god again? I'm looking at it now other fields that are required are in.

Wreckless
CZ Super Newbie
0.01 posts per day

P.S. Did ya whack the penguin once or twice durring your stay? hehe

Wreckless
CZ Super Newbie
0.01 posts per day

Ok I loged into the database for my working site and the username and and name were the same so I added it as the same. I tried to log in with that as admin and regular user, brings up login page no matter what. I did notice that the online users block says that there is one member and no guests on, whenever I am on the page..

PS. should any field other than radminsuper be at 1, because that is the only one that is non 0

#8   re: site not letting me log in?!
Telli
Site Admin
Telli has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
Fav. Sports Team: Detroit Red Wings
1.06 posts per day

Have you tried dropping the admins and then going to [ Register or login to view links on this board. ] and making them again?

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee. Ezekiel 25:17
Wreckless
CZ Super Newbie
0.01 posts per day

Thanks Telli that worked like a charm! Why would that need to be done?

tyvm 2 taut

#10   re: site not letting me log in?!
Taut
PayPal Donation
CZ Revered Member
 Codezwiz Site Donator
usa.gif california.gif
0.72 posts per day

you're welcome but it was the Boss-man that got ya fixed....glad it's all working ok

taut

Add To: Del.icio.us  Digg  Google  Spurl  Blink  Furl  Y! MyWeb  
<< View previous topic View next topic >>

Jump to