Share: Del.icio.us  Digg  Google  Spurl  Blink  Furl  Y! MyWeb  
#1   help with chat needed....
bowen
CZ Super Newbie
 Codezwiz Site Donator
bowen has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
0.01 posts per day

Hi

I have got a version of php-chat running at my site..it works quite well once you fix the code LOL but anyway as itis a beta version it does not yet have any function in the admin menu to empty the table in the sql database( or any thing else in the admin menu LOL).. and it logs the chat automaticly so the chat fills the db up...is there a way to write a button in so it clears the table from the site admin if so where can I find the code or information on writing the code into the chat module as the chat works very well and it would be a graet addition to the nuke communtiy if it was completed...

I have tryied to contact the creator for weeks now and i dont seem to get any reponse and the forums at the php-chat site are full of people with questions and hassles

I really need to use this module as the other modules that have pop up style chat windows seem to cause havoc with the mac users/members of our site..

any ideas how i can fix this ????

or maybe a link to a site where I can learn howw to do this ????

thanks
bowen

Back to top Reply with quote
#2   re: help with chat needed....
Telli
Site Admin
Telli has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
Fav. Sports Team: Detroit Red Wings
1.06 posts per day

If you post the admin section I will see how hard it will be to add to it for you.

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee. Ezekiel 25:17
#3   re: help with chat needed....
bowen
CZ Super Newbie
 Codezwiz Site Donator
0.01 posts per day

I didnt know what bit you needed telli so here are all the file from itI didnt include the .sql or the images if you need them just drop me an email and I will get them to you ..I hope you can do somthing with this it works very very well it just needs a few admin functions I have it running under my CZE7 and under a version ofnuke 6.5 on another site

thanks telli

b

Attached Files
php_chat.zip (55.67 KB, Downloaded: 5235 Time(s))

#4   re: help with chat needed....
Telli
Site Admin
1.06 posts per day

I need the sql too please.

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee. Ezekiel 25:17
#5   re: help with chat needed....
bowen
CZ Super Newbie
 Codezwiz Site Donator
0.01 posts per day

Ok telli here it is icon_smile.gif I have included the images also....and I have noticed on other thing as well In order to create and admin(god user) you have to do it in the my-php-admin and all users of the chat have the power to create there own rooms I have siince deleted the funtction form the code as with only a few users online at my site I had 10 chat rooms all with ...rather strange names...the other thing alsp is admins when givin admin status show up as having a (9) next to them in the chatter menu icon_smile.gif So like I said in the above post If this has some admin features it will be a very good chat.

Attached Files
php-chat_sql.zip (6.95 KB, Downloaded: 5234 Time(s))

bowen
CZ Super Newbie
 Codezwiz Site Donator
0.01 posts per day

Oh Boy I am hoping you can do this telli LOL my members put 5mb into the icon_rolleyes.gif database in 24 hours LOL

#7   re: help with chat needed....
Telli
Site Admin
1.06 posts per day

I havnt had anytime to really look at it but here is quick hack let me know if it works or if needs more fixing.

upload over

admin/modules/php-chat.php

Attached Files
php-chat.zip (8.64 KB, Downloaded: 5235 Time(s))

bowen
CZ Super Newbie
 Codezwiz Site Donator
0.01 posts per day

Ok telli I uploaded it but it does not empty the db. The chat seems to log all the chat logfiles in the nuke _chat table in the the my sql icon_smile.gif I have been emptying the table on a daily basis by going into My phpadmin but that is a pain as I am sure you know icon_smile.gif

bowen

#9   re: help with chat needed....
Telli
Site Admin
1.06 posts per day

ok so you found the link that I added to empty the chat table and it didnt work?

#10   re: help with chat needed....
Telli
Site Admin
1.06 posts per day

Try this one

Once in the PHP-Chat admin select Database then Logfiles then you will see a link to empty them. Let me know how it goes.

Attached Files
php-chat.zip (4.42 KB, Downloaded: 5234 Time(s))

Add To: Del.icio.us  Digg  Google  Spurl  Blink  Furl  Y! MyWeb  
<< View previous topic View next topic >>

Jump to