creating ASP pages

<< View previous topic View next topic >>
Share: Del.icio.us  Digg  Google  Spurl  Blink  Furl  Y! MyWeb  
#1   creating ASP pages
elephant_ears_0
CZ Newbie
elephant_ears_0 has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
0.00 posts per day

Hi I was wondering if some one at all could help me. I need to create a ASP page and was wondering if there was a programme that does it. What I need to do is create a search page where was a certain topic is selected from a form it will pull all the objexts that are realted to that topic into one page. I have seen other sites use active server pages but never known how to create them.
Reagrds Ears..

Back to top Reply with quote
#2   re: creating ASP pages
redhot_2oo3
PayPal Donation
CZ Moderator
redhot_2oo3 has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
uk.gif
0.08 posts per day

Active Server Pages or ASP, as it is more commonly known, is a technology that enables you to make dynamic and interactive web pages.

ASP uses server-side scripting to dynamically produce web pages that are not affected by the type of browser the web site visitor is using.

The default scripting language used for writing ASP is VBScript, although you can use other scripting languages like JScript (Microsoft's version of JavaScript).

ASP pages have the extension .asp instead of .html. When a page with the extension .asp is requested by a browser the web server knows to interpret any ASP contained within the web page before sending the HTML produced to the browser. This way all the ASP is run on the web server and no ASP will ever be passed to the web browser.

Any web pages containing ASP cannot be run by just simply opening the page in a web browser. The page must be requested through a web server that supports ASP, this is why ASP stands for Active Server Pages, no server, no active pages.

As ASP was first introduced by Microsoft on it's web server, Internet Information Services (IIS), that runs on Windows 2000/XP Pro/NT4, it is this web server that ASP pages usually run best on.

#3   re: creating ASP pages
Kelly_Hero
PayPal Donation
CZ Revered Member
 Codezwiz Site Donator
Kelly_Hero has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
usa.gif southcarolina.gif
0.50 posts per day

So basically, you're looking for a WYSIWYG for ASP. The only program that I know of that comes close to that is Dreamweaver. As with any programming language, you're still going to need to at least have some idea of how to accomplish what you want code-wise.

Here are a few links to get you started:

[ Register or login to view links on this board.]

A great offline resource for learning ASP is "Teach Yourself ASP in 24 hours" by SAMS net.

Good luck!

Kelly

Back to top Reply with quote
Add To: Del.icio.us  Digg  Google  Spurl  Blink  Furl  Y! MyWeb  
<< View previous topic View next topic >>

Jump to