#1   CCS SHEET HELPPPPPPPPPP :p
Squallman
CZ Super Newbie
Squallman has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
usa.gif newjersey.gif
Fav. Sports Team: Pittsburgh Steelers
0.01 posts per day
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  
icon_mrgreen.gif Hi, I have seen you mention this and was hoping you could help me out. I am obviously doing something wrong. I am trying to link a CCS script. I made a page and named it something.css and tried using the link and it just won't work icon_eek.gif Could you please give a detailed explaination of forming a ccs sheet and linking it to a page or mulitiple pages. Thanks icon_razz.gif

SpLiNteR
CZ Addict
SpLiNteR has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
uk.gif
Fav. Sports Team: Leeds United
0.05 posts per day
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
hi, do you mind giving us the sites you are trying to make the css?

#3   re: CCS SHEET HELPPPPPPPPPP :p
Tuffy
CZ Addict
 Codezwiz Site Donator
Tuffy has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
usa.gif newyork.gif
Fav. Sports Team: NY Mets
0.10 posts per day
icon_biggrin.gif Try reading this post [ Register or login to view links on this board.]

icon_mrgreen.gif

Back to top Reply with quote
#4   re: CCS SHEET HELPPPPPPPPPP :p
Kelly_Hero
PayPal Donation
CZ Revered Member
 Codezwiz Site Donator
Kelly_Hero has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
usa.gif southcarolina.gif
0.50 posts per day

Once you have your stylesheet created, saved and uploaded to your server, use this code in the <head></head> section of your page to link to your stylesheet:

<link href="mystylesheet.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">

Kelly

#5   re: CCS SHEET HELPPPPPPPPPP :p
Squallman
CZ Super Newbie
usa.gif newjersey.gif
0.01 posts per day
Whew , I am glad you knew what I was talking about. I noticed I called it a CCS sheet 3 times lol. Anyhow , thanks, I was using a slightly diffenent atg than the one you gave me, however, other people were using it with success, maybe its just me icon_eek.gif

Quick question. Is it possible if I copied the source of my teams roster page from myleague and made a complteely redesigned, page. Could I use that code to link it? And would it over ride the existing page?

Just don't wanna do all the work to find out it won't work , lol.

Thanks again you guys are great...

#6   re: CCS SHEET HELPPPPPPPPPP :p
DaveTomneyUK
CZ Active Member
DaveTomneyUK has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
uk.gif
0.03 posts per day
Yes it will work if you edit the css page right without any errors, Like if you edit the current page your using and just change the layour colours etc it should work fine.

#7   re: CCS SHEET HELPPPPPPPPPP :p
Kelly_Hero
PayPal Donation
CZ Revered Member
 Codezwiz Site Donator
Kelly_Hero has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
usa.gif southcarolina.gif
0.50 posts per day

I'm not sure what you're asking. Do you mean use the code above to link to a the CSS file from your new team roster page? or to link to the team roster page itself?

If it's the first - yes, you can link to the same CSS file from every page in your site. That's generally the idea anyway - to make one external CSS file that is alot easier to edit when you want to change the look of your website rather than going through your site page by page editing them.

If it's the latter - no, you'll need a regular <a href=""> link to link to your new roster page.

One more thing, which page are you referring to by "team roster page"? Do you mean standings? or Active Players? The reason I ask is because if you're trying to recreate a page that gets automatically updated, you're going to have to constantly update it manually. You won't be able to pull Cases info into your new page automatically, so you might want to think about that before you go through all that work.

Kelly

#8   re: CCS SHEET HELPPPPPPPPPP :p
Squallman
CZ Super Newbie
usa.gif newjersey.gif
0.01 posts per day
Thanks guys, this place is so much help.

I am refering to my roster page where our team members names are and where it shows the last teams we played and who the players were, not the standings page. Even though I do design our league page, (I am a beginner and if you ever viewed our source you would know, lol), The internal pages are just too much for me to bother with right now.

I just want to customize our team roster page. Make it more appealing and change the look of their blah table that holds the information, maybe move around the furniture to get a more spacious look, icon_razz.gif

So thats the page I am talking about, so I can do this right?? The source codes will be included in the copied page isn't that how I would automatically get the right information?

Thanks again for all your advice everyone

#9   re: CCS SHEET HELPPPPPPPPPP :p
Squallman
CZ Super Newbie
usa.gif newjersey.gif
0.01 posts per day
Since I am on a roll , lol. I might as well ask something that I was going to attempt. Before doing it, I think it best I get some help here, to save me aggravation, icon_rolleyes.gif

I do our league page, I have been doing it for about 6 months. I get braver and braver trying new things, some work, some don't. I had the page stripped trying to use a code that you warned about in another post.

Anyhow, heres what I want to do. Its probably simple , just wanna make sure before I try it.

This is the league address: [ Register or login to view links on this board.]

I am presently using a font script, (if thats what its called, I am new to this, lol), here is the code I am using:

<style>
font, td, p, i, xmp, u,{COLOR:
#FFCC33;FONT-FAMILY:Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Sans-serif;FONT-SIZE:12pt;font-weight:bold;}
b{color: silver ;font-family;Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Sans-serif;font-size:14pt;font-weight:bold;}
h1{color: #FFCC33 ;FONT-FAMILY:Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Sans-serif;font-size:12pt;font-weight:bold;
text-decoration: none}
h2{color: lime ;FONT-FAMILY:Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Sans-serif;font-size:16pt;font-weight:bold;
h3{color: lime ;FONT-FAMILY:Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Sans-serif;font-size:12pt;font-weight:bold;
h4{color: #FFCC33 ;FONT-FAMILY:Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Sans-serif;font-size:12pt;font-weight:bold;
text-decoration: underlined}
h5{color: lime ;FONT-FAMILY:Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Sans-serif;font-size:7pt;font-weight:normal;
h6{color: #FFCC33 ;FONT-FAMILY:Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Sans-serif;font-size:7pt;font-weight:normal;
A:LINK{color: lime ;FONT-FAMILY:Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Sans-serif;font-size:10pt;font-weight:bold;
A:VISITED{color: lime ;FONT-FAMILY:Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Sans-serif;font-size:10pt;font-weight:bold;
A:HOVER{color: #FFCC33 ;FONT-FAMILY:Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Sans-serif;font-size:11pt;font-weight:bold;
A.mylink:LINK{color: silver ;FONT-FAMILY:Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Sans-serif;font-size:10pt;font-weight:bold;
A.mylink:VISITED{color: #FFCC33 ;FONT-FAMILY:Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Sans-serif;font-size:10pt;font-weight:bold;
A.mylink:HOVER{color: #FFCC33 ;FONT-FAMILY:Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Sans-serif;font-size:11pt;font-weight:bold;
</style></P>

It has multiple sub headers because i use a lot of scroll boxes.
I have read your post about adding addition link commands and have set it up within my code and tested it and it works fine. I am not presently using it though, I just wanted it there when I am read to use it. I also know about adding the class=".mylink" in the url .

I had to eliminate, cases right column and make a table out of the main with its own right column, the script made the top 20 too big and was pushing the right column over too far, I didn't like that, so I just eliminated cases right column, I only use that for the code to load the left column.

What I want to do now, if you look at my page is I want to make the top 20 at the bottom lime like the links on top. The problem is since I can't code the top 20 without iframing, and I seen the post on that doesn't seem like it is worth the bother, Can you instruct me on what I need to insert into my font script, so that I can let the original script turn the link on top and the top 20 on the bottom lime and code the other font script to keep the text on the body of the page gold.

I guess I would just add another font description to the .mylink section??and use that to code the body of the page and let the original code the top and bottom?

Its just I am not sure where to put the code and what it sould say.

Thanks again for any help that you guys can offer.

I'd probably be Nutts by now, lol.

Add To: Del.icio.us  Digg  Google  Spurl  Blink  Furl  Y! MyWeb  
<< View previous topic View next topic >>

Jump to