Share: Del.icio.us  Digg  Google  Spurl  Blink  Furl  Y! MyWeb  
#1   Points Modification for Arcade
phantomk
CZ Newbie
phantomk has been a member for over 19 year's 19 Year Member
canada.gif
0.00 posts per day
  MSN Messenger 
Been looking for the points modification for the arcade. Are you going to release it Telli, or are thier still some issues with it ?

Also want to include this mod in the contrib folder in the next release icon_smile.gif if you are willing of course icon_biggrin.gif

A few features of the new version are upgraded support of new games, cosmetic apperances, auth restriction, contrib folder which includes 2 (3 if you allow us to add yours icon_biggrin.gif ) optional mods, and updated installation instructions, which are now simplier to understand and will have resolved 99% of the problems some users were haveing with the installation. Currntly it is compatible with phpnuke 6.5+ and bbtonuke 2.0.6 to 2.0.10

Best wishs,
-PK

PS- You can see the latest version of the arcade, includeing a center block made specifically for the arcade, running at [ Register or login to view links on this board. ]

Edit: The center block will work with DIFFERENT THEMES, it will check to see if you have the default fourms, ie modules/Forums/themplates/subSilver/ as your forums, if not then it will call your style from your specfic from theme in current use, and if your a real pro, and only use one style.css for your entire theme, meaning the themes/YOUR-THEME/forums/forums.css does not exist but you do have a custom forum, it will not include any style and use that call sheet, hard to explain but so far it looks good for a site that has more then one active theme icon_smile.gif

Back to top Reply with quote
Telli
Site Admin
Telli has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
Fav. Sports Team: Detroit Red Wings
1.06 posts per day

No issues just waiting on one person to get back to me. I want to make sure the subtraction and the addition is working in all instances. I will give you the done copy for the mod in a day or two.

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee. Ezekiel 25:17
#3   re: Points Modification for Arcade
phantomk
CZ Newbie
canada.gif
0.00 posts per day
  MSN Messenger 
Okay thanks telli icon_biggrin.gif

One suggestion, I wouldn't mind seeing incorperated to your mod is the ability to stop players from accessing the arcade unless they have a certain amount of points, this way they don't sign up just to play the arcade icon_smile.gif Maybe add it into games.php so the user can view the arcade but can't play icon_biggrin.gif

-PK

Telli
Site Admin
1.06 posts per day

You mean besides charging them? If you set it to charge them and they dont have the points then they get a "You dont have enough points to play this game" message. Did you want another one?

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee. Ezekiel 25:17
#5   re: Points Modification for Arcade
phantomk
CZ Newbie
canada.gif
0.00 posts per day
  MSN Messenger 
Yah, if the user doesn't have, say 10 points, then it says "Become more active in the forums to play ... ", Maybe have the ability to customize the msg and the amount of points req ?

-PK

Telli
Site Admin
1.06 posts per day

Ok here it is I added a few extra things to it including your above request. Let me know how it goes.
[ Register or login to view links on this board. ]

#7   re: Points Modification for Arcade
phantomk
CZ Newbie
canada.gif
0.00 posts per day
  MSN Messenger 
Very very nice addon icon_biggrin.gif Adds a whole new feel to the arcade icon_biggrin.gif

-PK

#8   re: Points Modification for Arcade
FuZZyLoGic
CZ Super Newbie
FuZZyLoGic has been a member for over 19 year's 19 Year Member
usa.gif
0.00 posts per day

Thanks Telli

Telli
Site Admin
1.06 posts per day

Your welcome. Glad you like it.

#10   re: Points Modification for Arcade
reddog
CZ Super Newbie
 Codezwiz Site Donator
reddog has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
usa.gif illinois.gif
Fav. Sports Team: Da Bears
0.01 posts per day
  MSN Messenger ICQ Number
hello.........just installed the arcade_points mod. but i am having a couple issues.

1. no points are awarded for getting top score or top ten

2. when i set the minimum amount of points needed to play, doesnt matter if its, 5, 10, or 500. it wont let the users play, despite having plenty of points. same thing when trying to charge for playing.

any suggestions, thanks in advance !!

Add To: Del.icio.us  Digg  Google  Spurl  Blink  Furl  Y! MyWeb  
<< View previous topic View next topic >>

Jump to