Share: Del.icio.us  Digg  Google  Spurl  Blink  Furl  Y! MyWeb  
#1   Begging for script!
F-Jam
CZ Newbie
F-Jam has been a member for over 19 year's 19 Year Member
usa.gif michigan.gif
0.00 posts per day
AIM Address   ICQ Number
I have a mod that ALMOST does what I need it to do. It's a modified Revies MOD. It lets my users start a collaboration project, and then I'm using the comments part of it to let people audition tracks for the project. There are some problems with it, that if I had them fixed, I'd be one happy administrator! Here are the bugs that I'm either looking to get fixed, ot looking for a mod that'll let me do this. Here's my problems.

1. When a persong posts a comment (actually an audition track), the comment does not let them save their posted links as hypertext or hyperlink. They can post their track links but it's always text, and I'm having to go back in after the fact and add the <a href=></a> manually. That is if I even catch that they posted a track. What a pain! Can someone tell me where there is a mod that'll let comments save hyperlinks?

2. This hacked mod I have will notify the originator via e-mail that a comment has been posted (I'm editing the index.php to say what I want it to say). That works fine, except that it only sends the e-mail out for the first comment. I tested it with my own nickname and it worked fine, but only on the first comment posted. If I tried to post another comment (audition) it'll not send any more e-mails. I'd like to see that fixed too.

Ideally what I need is a place on my site, where a user can navigate to a certain folder, and upload a track (which I can do with this documents mod I have), then to be able to post a message or project area (something in the database that is searchable), and allow comments (actually auditions) that allow hypertext, and has e-mail notification for the original poster. Now if I had all of this in one module I'd just pass out! I'm presently using several modules for this and linking them using html. That's not really a problem if I just had this reviews module doing what I need (listed above). I'm close now, but still struggling to get this all organized, and simple.

The online musical collaboration studio community is growing by leaps and bounds. If there was a mod that would facilitate collaboration projects like this, I'm absolutely certain it'd be very popular with these sites! I know it'd help me! Thanks in advance...

Oh BTW: I'm an experienced musician, and I'm open to helping others get into using their computers for recording and collaboration, since I'd be getting help in this scripting area.

Add To: Del.icio.us  Digg  Google  Spurl  Blink  Furl  Y! MyWeb  
<< View previous topic View next topic >>

Jump to