<< View previous topic View next topic >>
Share: Del.icio.us  Digg  Google  Spurl  Blink  Furl  Y! MyWeb  
#1   ftp Help on Codezwiz
flash
CZ Newbie
flash has been a member for over 19 year's 19 Year Member
usa.gif mississippi.gif
0.00 posts per day

I am in the waiting period pointing my domain name to codezwiz. What I would like to know is if it is possible to FTP files to my domain before the waiting period is over.

I have tried everything on my FTP program and each time it comes back each time as the DNS is not configured correctly?

I have tried the formats :
[ Register or login to view links on this board. ]

ftp:sellershack.net

and

ftp:207.44.210.115

is there another format that works. those do not work or am I forced to wait till the domain completes or not?

I knew the domain name would not work but nothing else worked so I thought I would give it a try....LOL

any Help would be greatly appreicated...I really need to upload a lot of files to my account and really can't afford to wait 3 to 5 days on it .

thanks a Heap

Flash32

Back to top Reply with quote
#2   re: ftp Help on Codezwiz
Taut
PayPal Donation
CZ Revered Member
 Codezwiz Site Donator
Taut has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
usa.gif california.gif
Fav. Sports Team: SF Giants
0.72 posts per day

The account is set-up and even while the system waits for the propagation period you can ftp files in.

your ftp login would be [ Register or login to view links on this board. ]

Post back if you have more questions

#3   re: ftp Help on Codezwiz
flash
CZ Newbie
usa.gif mississippi.gif
0.00 posts per day

Well, my domain name is : sellershack.net and my username that I set up if I did it correctly is : flash32

everytime I try the FTP which is WS_FTP ver 8 I get the error:

Finding Host [ Register or login to view links on this board. ] ...
Address lookup of "sellershack@sellershack.net" failed. It may be misspelled, or your computer may not be connected to the network or Internet.
Also check that your DNS and local name servers are properly configured and responding.
Finding Host [ Register or login to view links on this board. ] ...
Address lookup of "flash32@sellershack.net" failed. It may be misspelled, or your computer may not be connected to the network or Internet.
Also check that your DNS and local name servers are properly configured and responding.

I may not have set my username up correctly as I have been use to the WHM and CPanel and this one is a whole new ballgame for me...LOL

I am gonna keep trying tho...havn't given up yet...LOL

Thanks for the VERY QUICK reply...

Flash32

Telli
Site Admin
Telli has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
Fav. Sports Team: Detroit Red Wings
1.06 posts per day

Just use the IP till your domain is propagated.

username would be [ Register or login to view links on this board. ]

then your password.

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee. Ezekiel 25:17
#5   re: ftp Help on Codezwiz
flash
CZ Newbie
usa.gif mississippi.gif
0.00 posts per day

Thanks, I am using the FTP like it is going out of style now. It worked great.

thanks for the Again Quick Reply.

This site comes hightly recommended by RedWolf111 and so for he didn't talk highly enoght of you. I think I will be hanging around for a long time to come.

You do give great Service and very quick replies.

Flash32

#6   More Problems..HELP ?
flash
CZ Newbie
usa.gif mississippi.gif
0.00 posts per day

Well, I tried to upload through my FTP and it bombed out on me. I was trying to upload a Block for PHPNuke. So I went into the Admin logged on as Owner of the site.
I tried to edit the file and rename it. It wasn't available in that directory.
So , I went to the Root directory. Loaded the Index file in and found out that there was no way to REname the file after I changed it?

Then I went to the Upload and uploaded one file the one I was trying to get in the Blocks of PHPNuke directory.

I uploaded it in the main directory. No problem. then I tried to Move the file to the PHPNuke directory and it told me that I didn't have Permission to move the file in THAT directory!
I went back out and tried to change the Permission and it told me that I could not change the permission as I did not have permission to do so!!

I signed out and relogged on as Admin of the Site. I again went to move the file to the PHPNuke's block directory and it told me the Same thing that I didn't have permission to more the file????

Am I in the WRONG place to move, rename, edit, and make files? I was in the File Manager area?

I Know I must be doing something wrong as if I do not have permission..then Who Does???

Right now all I can do is FTP files and if that Fails then I have no Recorse to do anything.

Please Help....I am in Big Trouble right now....

thanks...Sorry to bother you but I don't know which way to turn right now.

I sure wish you had WHM and Cpanel...it would really make life a lot easier for me...

Flash32

Telli
Site Admin
1.06 posts per day

What ftp client are you using? Are you logging into the sellershack site?

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee. Ezekiel 25:17
#8   re: ftp Help on Codezwiz
RedWolf111
CZ Addict
RedWolf111 has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
usa.gif wisconsin.gif
0.07 posts per day

WS_FTP ver 8

Just helping out..was stated up there a bit..icon_smile.gif

#9   WS_ftp ver 8 Pro
flash
CZ Newbie
usa.gif mississippi.gif
0.00 posts per day

Originally posted by Telli @ Tue Sep 21, 2004 1:39 pm:

What ftp client are you using? Are you logging into the sellershack site?

Using WS_FTP ver 8 pro. don't know why it bombed out on me but it does that sometimes on my other host site also...after I try 1 or 2 times it usually picks up and goes tho...

Yes, I was logged into sellershack.net once as Admin and also tried the ower of the account that I made there too....

Said I didn't have permission to edit, make, delete or anything in nothing but the Main Root directory...I couldn't even change the permission level and give myself permission to that directory..>LOL

I went through the flash demo's of that esim panel...and know a little about it...but by for not all...that's for sure...seems to be Very Unuser friendly to me...

don't get me wrong..Not complaining..just stating my opinion...

Flash32

Telli
Site Admin
1.06 posts per day

You really won't need the Ensim admin panel except to set things up. The FTP is strange though. Are you on dial up? I am able to connect via CuteFTP Pro and hold connection atleast till it times out. Why don't you submit your info here and I will take a look into it.

Add To: Del.icio.us  Digg  Google  Spurl  Blink  Furl  Y! MyWeb  
<< View previous topic View next topic >>

Jump to