Share: Del.icio.us  Digg  Google  Spurl  Blink  Furl  Y! MyWeb  
#1   need to find the scrollbar code for this
RedWolf111
CZ Addict
RedWolf111 has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
usa.gif wisconsin.gif
0.07 posts per day

Hi,

I am working on a theme and trying to find the scrollbar code to change it for when you post a reply in the forums. All the other scrollbars match my theme except this one. I cant seem to find it. Any guidance please?

Also I post in the graphics help about the PHP menu shapes and where I can get them so I can make custom menu images also. Here is that thread for a more full description.
[ Register or login to view links on this board. ]

Thanks in advance for any help.

RedWolf

P.S. And so you know.. the theme will be public and hope to have it out very soon..icon_smile.gif

#2   re: need to find the scrollbar code for this
Kelly_Hero
PayPal Donation
CZ Revered Member
 Codezwiz Site Donator
Kelly_Hero has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
usa.gif southcarolina.gif
0.50 posts per day

I saw your post earlier Matt about the images, but haven't had time to post back yet. Are you talking about the module buttons at the top of the My Account page? Like for Info, Messages, Themes, etc.?

Sorry. I don't even know about the scroll bar you're referring to. It seems to me that the scrollbar code for the theme would also apply to the textareas. Unless textareas have a different class or id. Check to see if there is a class assigned, or an id, or if the textarea is sitting inside a <div> tag. Also, If you have any mods installed, like the BB Encode mod, check to see if it has a stylesheet of it's own that controls the textarea.

Back to top Reply with quote
#3   Re: re: need to find the scrollbar code for this
RedWolf111
CZ Addict
usa.gif wisconsin.gif
0.07 posts per day

Originally posted by Kelly_Hero @ Thu Sep 23, 2004 10:57 pm:

I saw your post earlier Matt about the images, but haven't had time to post back yet. Are you talking about the module buttons at the top of the My Account page? Like for Info, Messages, Themes, etc.?

Yep..thats what I was referring to. Was wondering if thats in the form of a custom shape set or if it has to be custom made.

Originally posted by Kelly_Hero @ Thu Sep 23, 2004 10:57 pm:

Sorry. I don't even know about the scroll bar you're referring to. It seems to me that the scrollbar code for the theme would also apply to the textareas. Unless textareas have a different class or id. Check to see if there is a class assigned, or an id, or if the textarea is sitting inside a <div> tag. Also, If you have any mods installed, like the BB Encode mod, check to see if it has a stylesheet of it's own that controls the textarea.

The overall_header.tpl seems to call the scrollbar codes in from the style.css file, yet it does not seem to affect the text area when making a post. The theme I am trying to integrate is the forum part of "Jagged Theme Pack". And so you know, I did ask Taut if I could use it as long as it was only images (colors) changed and copyrites intact. For the majority of it, it is completed, just trying to 'fine tune' it just a bit to make it the best I can icon_smile.gif Maybe I am looking in the wrong spot..not sure.

RedWolf

#4   re: need to find the scrollbar code for this
RedWolf111
CZ Addict
usa.gif wisconsin.gif
0.07 posts per day

Hi Kelly

The grey one inside the text area is the one I want to change yet cannot seem to find where to do so. Its also the same grey color when you use the PM feature also. Yet the smilies window shows the main page scrollbar colors.

RedWolf

#5   re: need to find the scrollbar code for this
Kelly_Hero
PayPal Donation
CZ Revered Member
 Codezwiz Site Donator
0.50 posts per day

Yep..thats what I was referring to. Was wondering if thats in the form of a custom shape set or if it has to be custom made.

I don't know that there is a particular "set" of module buttons. I think it's just a matter of coming up with something that will match the design of the theme. What I have done is set up a .psd template with the icon on a layer and the background on a layer for each button. That way I can use the same icon and just swap out the backgrounds.

I do the same thing for forum images and topic buttons. Saves loads of time in not having to recreate certain parts every time. (Giving away trade secrets here. icon_wink.gif )

As far as your scrollbar goes, I took a look at the CSS for some of the themes here. The attributes for the scrollbars are set in the body class. The textareas inherit them. That's how it normally works. Only the background colors, images, text, borders, etc are set up in the class for the textarea.

If you'll post your CSS file, I'll take a look and see if I can find anything different in yours.

#6   re: need to find the scrollbar code for this
RedWolf111
CZ Addict
usa.gif wisconsin.gif
0.07 posts per day

TY Kelly for looking at it.

In case that dont work for you (it wouldnt let me get the file...lol) here is a link that I uploaded it to. [ Register or login to view links on this board. ]

Attached Files
forums.zip (2.24 KB, Downloaded: 5236 Time(s))

#7   re: need to find the scrollbar code for this
Kelly_Hero
PayPal Donation
CZ Revered Member
 Codezwiz Site Donator
0.50 posts per day

textarea{border-color: #FBAF0D; color:#FBAF0D; background-color: #DBDBDB; font:normal 11px Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif}

input.post,textarea.post{background:#DBDBDB;color:#000000;
font:10px Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;padding-bottom:2px;padding-left:2px;
border:1px solid;border-color: #FBAF0D #FBAF0D #FBAF0D #FBAF0D}

Here are the lines that pertain to your textareas. There's nothing there to prevent them from inheriting the information for the scrollbars from the body. icon_neutral.gif

One thing I did just notice, and this might be a matter of not seeing the forest for the trees, is that the scrollbars are greyed out on this forum until you put in enough text to need them. Maybe that's the problem? Try filling up the textarea with enough text to make it scroll and see what happens.

#8   Re: re: need to find the scrollbar code for this
RedWolf111
CZ Addict
usa.gif wisconsin.gif
0.07 posts per day

Originally posted by Kelly_Hero @ Fri Sep 24, 2004 10:33 am:

One thing I did just notice, and this might be a matter of not seeing the forest for the trees, is that the scrollbars are greyed out on this forum until you put in enough text to need them. Maybe that's the problem? Try filling up the textarea with enough text to make it scroll and see what happens.

Yep..tried that. Even had enough text in the text area when I took the SS of it..icon_sad.gif

#9   re: need to find the scrollbar code for this
RedWolf111
CZ Addict
usa.gif wisconsin.gif
0.07 posts per day

Got it Kelly.. icon_biggrin.gif icon_biggrin.gif icon_biggrin.gif

TY for the help..icon_smile.gif It got me to thinking about tracing my steps a bit and found where I goofed. lol.

RedWolf

#10   re: need to find the scrollbar code for this
Kelly_Hero
PayPal Donation
CZ Revered Member
 Codezwiz Site Donator
0.50 posts per day

What was it?

Add To: Del.icio.us  Digg  Google  Spurl  Blink  Furl  Y! MyWeb