Best way to get your website on top on search engines !?

<< View previous topic View next topic >>
Share: Del.icio.us  Digg  Google  Spurl  Blink  Furl  Y! MyWeb  
#1   Best way to get your website on top on search engines !?
phptest
CZ Super Newbie
phptest has been a member for over 19 year's 19 Year Member
0.01 posts per day

Hi Again Wizzards icon_smile.gif

Another question... im starting to feel at home here...

Whats the best way to get on top position on search engines.

I put many keywords in my meta file.. but is that enough..

Are there other ways to do better on search engines.. like google etc.

Back to top Reply with quote
#2   re: Best way to get your website on top on search engines !?
RedWolf111
CZ Addict
RedWolf111 has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
usa.gif wisconsin.gif
0.07 posts per day

There is alot of things people say "to do" with search engine optimization. So far you are on the right track as long as your keywords are not duplicated alot in your meta tags. From there just make sure you keep your page active by adding new news stories that include some of your keywords. Again, do not overdo the keywords in your news stories also. The members of your site will not enjoy reading a story with alot of repeating words in it. After all, it is the members you are trying to please with your site. In return they will also help your "ranking" by the sites activity by always coming back to see what is new on the site. Then they will also spread the word to their friends and so on making your site even more active. Having links from other sites going to your site also helps out with things.

While I am nowhere near an expert, these are some of the things I have done with my site. For example, CodezWiz showed on my Google toolbar as far as page ranking as a 5 out of 10, and my site showed me as a 4 out of 10. Not sure how it happened because I am nowhere near the popularity of what CodezWiz has achieved for members and activity, yet thats what the ranking showed me...lol. Yet to me, ranking is only a number, it is the members that do matter. Make them happy, you site will grow and become more active, and with that you cant go wrong..icon_smile.gif

RedWolf

#3   re: Best way to get your website on top on search engines !?
redhot_2oo3
PayPal Donation
CZ Moderator
redhot_2oo3 has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
uk.gif
0.08 posts per day

If a site with a high Google rating links to you, you inherit a part of the rating.
So for example, if you could manage to get Microsoft and Yahoo to link to you, you'd automatically see a huge rating boost. In the same way, low rated sites that link to you will lessen your page rank.

Like Redwolf said, keyword density is always worth paying attention to, as is giving images alt tags with relevant keywords. Ths days of filling pages with transparent keywords is long gone.

Submitting your site to the search engines is always a good idea, although the likes of Googlebot will find you sooner or later even if you don't, especially if you have inbound links.

I have some php somewhere that emails you when Googlebot visits your site. If anyone wants it I'll dig it out.

#4   Re: re: Best way to get your website on top on search engine
RedWolf111
CZ Addict
usa.gif wisconsin.gif
0.07 posts per day

Originally posted by redhot_2oo3 @ Thu Oct 07, 2004 7:27 pm:

I have some php somewhere that emails you when Googlebot visits your site. If anyone wants it I'll dig it out.

That actually sounds like something nice to have..lol. My dang google counter only shows 2 hits by google, yet was wondering if maybe I am missing some of their bot IP list or something cuz its stuck on "2" icon_rolleyes.gif

And thanks Red, I learned something today with how that rating thing works. Now to think about how I can get Bill Gates to place a link to my site on his for free...lmao

RedWolf

#5   re: Best way to get your website on top on search engines !?
redhot_2oo3
PayPal Donation
CZ Moderator
redhot_2oo3 has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
uk.gif
0.08 posts per day

P{ut this at the top of your default.php or index.php

<?if(eregi("googlebot",$HTTP_USER_AGENT))
{
mail("you@yourdomain.net", "Googlebot detected on long range sensors", "Google has just crawled all over me");
}?>

Change the words to suit you, the first is the subject line, then the body, and put in your email addy.

A note of caution: Googlebot can hit some of our sites hundereds of times in a day when its in the mood. icon_eek.gif

#6   re: Best way to get your website on top on search engines !?
RedWolf111
CZ Addict
usa.gif wisconsin.gif
0.07 posts per day

Thanks Red.... The nice thing about it is I can set it to send the mail to another addy of mine to be used just for the google bot notification... icon_biggrin.gif

RedWolf

#7   re: Best way to get your website on top on search engines !?
phptest
CZ Super Newbie
phptest has been a member for over 19 year's 19 Year Member
0.01 posts per day

Thanks for the advise.

are there any good programs that automaticly submit your site to search engines on a regular basis ?

Back to top Reply with quote
Add To: Del.icio.us  Digg  Google  Spurl  Blink  Furl  Y! MyWeb  
<< View previous topic View next topic >>

Jump to