Share: Del.icio.us  Digg  Google  Spurl  Blink  Furl  Y! MyWeb  
#1   error installing attachment mod 2310
mischko
CZ Newbie
mischko has been a member for over 19 year's 19 Year Member
germany.gif
0.00 posts per day
 Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
i downloaded the mod and did try to install it! no avail, getting lost of errors for files not found! i did upload all according to the install instructions and used the pre-edited files. somehow i think there are files missing in the zip-file? the installation is looking for files in the include folder where they dont exist. instead some of the files are in the attch_mod/includes folder, but the errors i get refer to common.php, db.php, sessions.php. those file arent either in the attach_mod/includes folder! i am using nuke 7.2 and phpbb 2.0.10. the only diff. i might have, is that i installed my nuke in a sub-folder and not into root!
i did then copy the missing files from the nuke include folder to the modules/Forums/include folder and then the installation went on saying it couldnt find the config table! i am a bit lost here now!
icon_sad.gif icon_sad.gif icon_sad.gif icon_sad.gif

Back to top Reply with quote
#2   re: error installing attachment mod 2310
echo
CZ Wiz
 Codezwiz Site Donator
echo has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
0.15 posts per day

Did you backup all your original files before editing/overwriting anything? I can verify that this mods works, I installed it on my Nuke site before I submitted it to downloads here. This is a very heavy-duty mod and requires full attention, try and re-trace your steps starting from the beginning. There are no pre-edited files in this package. If you are referring to this from the install file:

## A forword:
## If you use a plain phpBB2 Board (not modded) and do not want to edit your phpBB2 files, you
## are able to use pre-edited files, located at the contrib directory.
## Even if you use the pre-edited files, you have to follow all Steps (not the file-editing of course)
## listed here.

It appears that was left in the install file from a previous version and is not valid with this release. I did not create the mod, I just submitted it. Good luck,
echo

#3   re: error installing attachment mod 2310
mischko
CZ Newbie
germany.gif
0.00 posts per day
yep, made a backup before of course. didnt loose anything! i will try this weekend again, because i really really would like to have this mod on the site i am doing now!

it is [ Register or login to view links on this board. ]
a lil payback to those ppl ruining other ppl's chat fun icon_twisted.gif icon_twisted.gif
i am doing the site basicly for a lot of ppl i know on the net to have a place to vent! so, it would add extra fun when ppl can upload pictures! and other stuff!

i let you know how i did then!

btw! one more question, what is the name of the mod for the forum/posting menue! the one you use here for formating text, bold, underline and such?

#4   re: error installing attachment mod 2310
nicruisin
CZ Active Member
nicruisin has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
uk.gif
0.02 posts per day

The formatting thingy is called BBCode, it is in the Downloads either here or at Portedmods.

Also the attachment mod works well (very well icon_biggrin.gif ) I have it running on my site, and the streaming is a massive hit, the only issue I now have is that my hosts only allow uploads of 2Mb! icon_rolleyes.gif

Ah well you can't have everything! icon_biggrin.gif

[ Register or login to view links on this board.] [color=red]Cars, babes and cruisin' from the maddest palce of them all... Northern Ireland!
#5   re: error installing attachment mod 2310
mischko
CZ Newbie
germany.gif
0.00 posts per day
oh i get it running somehow! i aint that much of a php/php-nuke guru, but i get it running icon_mrgreen.gif
thanks nicruisin for giving me the name of this mod here! i sure like the scrolling text thingy of it!

oh, if you want, have a look at my php/mysql videochat! link is in my profile! i am doing this with a friend and really would like you all to test it one day if you have time! its about 90% done, some admin stuff has to be coded and one on one video connection. but you can caht there already and use your webcam to send picture messages!
only drawback is, will only run on IE 6 for now! screenshots are ! [ Register or login to view links on this board.]
oooops, was spamming, sorry

Add To: Del.icio.us  Digg  Google  Spurl  Blink  Furl  Y! MyWeb  
<< View previous topic View next topic >>

Jump to