Can not change User Permissions - Tried all the fixes!

<< View previous topic View next topic >>
Share: Del.icio.us  Digg  Google  Spurl  Blink  Furl  Y! MyWeb  
#1   Can not change User Permissions - Tried all the fixes!
nicruisin
CZ Active Member
nicruisin has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
uk.gif
0.02 posts per day

Hi,

I've run into another problem and this time it is user permissions - I can't change them!

I have read a lot of posts about 'fixgroup.php' which I used and it didn't fix the problem and also about replacing the admin_ug_auth file again I tried it and it dodn't help me. Also I have tried removing users from their group to update their permissions but this doesn't help either icon_rolleyes.gif

Replacing the admin_ug_auth actually does more harm than good for me as it seems to remove the left hand window of the forum admin for some reason? icon_eek.gif

So any advice on this is of course greatly received because once again I seem to have hit a brick wall.

I am running a recently upgraded 2.0.10 on Nuke 6.7 and am really deperate.

I have seen this problem left unanswered on many sites so I think it is a more common problem than could be realised.

Thanks again!

[ Register or login to view links on this board.] [color=red]Cars, babes and cruisin' from the maddest palce of them all... Northern Ireland!
Back to top Reply with quote
#2   re: Can not change User Permissions - Tried all the fixes!
Taut
PayPal Donation
CZ Revered Member
 Codezwiz Site Donator
Taut has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
usa.gif california.gif
Fav. Sports Team: SF Giants
0.72 posts per day

Are they just not showing up as mods or admins on your site? Are you the only one that cant see the changes or can they not log in as mods and admins?

If you've applied all the fixes and cleaned out your cookies/cache and the problem still exists, then I dunno what to say....it just seems odd that all the known fixes cant do it's job and only on your site....

nicruisin
CZ Active Member
uk.gif
0.02 posts per day

The members are in the user category, not admins.

I have just added new forums for streaming vids and these need mods. Also the ladies forum now needs a new mod also.

I go to the Permissions and change the settings and it gives me the successfully updated message but then nothing, the users have not been updated and still show as 'Not Moderator'

As I said I have treid a replacement admin_ug_auth file (many in fact from downloads and backups)
I have tried the fix groups and fixit files and other things that I have found suggested for nuke and phpbb.

I don't think it's just my site, google has many hits for this problem ranging from nuke 6.0 right up to people on 7.4 running 2.0.10.

The problem is the problem that I have has never been answered, I know there is a similar post on here and nukecops have 3 open at the moment.

The 2 main fixes definately do not work for everyone, but we seem to be forgotten about icon_cry.gif

Can I just ask what CHMOD this file should be at (my hosts do not allow 777, but I doubt it's this as they offer nuke as part of the Fantastico program.

I'm truly lost here, in the meantime though could you please advise me how to add a mod via phpmyadmin or something cos I really hate not having these things kept in check.

I also read on phpbb.com that this is expected to be a sleeping bug, in that people will only slowly realise as they start to add mods to their growing forums, so maybe it is a major bug, I dunno icon_rolleyes.gif

Just another question is there a way to revert back to 2.0.6 cos I didn't have this problem then...

One final point is that my hosts have just upgraded to php 5.02 could this cause a problem?

Thanks for replying to me however hopefully this can get sorted icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks again icon_biggrin.gif

[ Register or login to view links on this board.] [color=red]Cars, babes and cruisin' from the maddest palce of them all... Northern Ireland!
Taut
PayPal Donation
CZ Revered Member
 Codezwiz Site Donator
usa.gif california.gif
0.72 posts per day

Originally posted by nicruisin @ Sun Oct 17, 2004 8:29 pm:

I go to the Permissions and change the settings and it gives me the successfully updated message but then nothing, the users have not been updated and still show as 'Not Moderator'

Have you also done the upgrading of their ranks under User management?

The problem is the problem that I have has never been answered, I know there is a similar post on here and nukecops have 3 open at the moment.

The 2 main fixes definately do not work for everyone, but we seem to be forgotten about icon_cry.gif

No one is forgetting anyone, the only reason some of those posts don't get answered is because people are too lazy to use the search feature when their question has already been asked and answered so many times

Can I just ask what CHMOD this file should be at (my hosts do not allow 777, but I doubt it's this as they offer nuke as part of the Fantastico program.

CHMOD has nothing to do with the file. When those files were uploaded it automatically was assigned the correct permissions for it. That is why, in the nstall files for different modules, CHMODING is only stated for certain files.

Just another question is there a way to revert back to 2.0.6 cos I didn't have this problem then...

just remove the upgrade scripts and edits you did for your forums if you want to revert to your old version.

Your hosts upgrade have nothing to do with this issue .....

nicruisin
CZ Active Member
uk.gif
0.02 posts per day

Have you also done the upgrading of their ranks under User management?

I have indeed these guys were already mods.

No one is forgetting anyone, the only reason some of those posts don't get answered is because people are too lazy to use the search feature when their question has already been asked and answered so many times

I definately not talking about you guys here, I have posted on many sites and seen this question many times but if those 2 fixes were'nt good enough then the thread just died, it was by no way aimed at here and there are threads with this sort of thing I seen as far back as a year.

I DO REALLY appreciate the time and help you are offering me! icon_biggrin.gif

Is there a way to add a mod or group to the db directly?

Thanks again for your time! icon_biggrin.gif

Taut
PayPal Donation
CZ Revered Member
 Codezwiz Site Donator
usa.gif california.gif
0.72 posts per day

Originally posted by nicruisin @ Mon Oct 18, 2004 7:04 pm:

I have indeed these guys were already mods.

If they were already mods....then nothing should have changed their permissions unless when you upgraded you sort of edited the wrong file or upgraded wrong.

Can you tell me what exactly what isn't working for them being mods?

As for the sql direct add-on, I am not knowledgable enough on that to help you...sorry

#7   re: Can not change User Permissions - Tried all the fixes!
nicruisin
CZ Active Member
uk.gif
0.02 posts per day

No worries,

When I go to modules/Forums/admin everything is there as it should be.

Also everything works except for the Permissions for Users.

I presume my problem file is admin_ug_auth.php

At the top when you can change the User Level from User to Admin, I can do that, so I can have a member in the user category and on that page I can change them to ADMIN and it will save these settings.

However if I change someone (already a mod) from 'Not Moderator' to 'Is Moderator' and click submit it tells me that the user permissions have been changed.

When I then check I find they they have not been changed and the forums still remain unmoderated?

The same thing occurs when I try to make a group responsible for moderating a forum, it says it has been a success but no it hasn't icon_rolleyes.gif

I'm really at a loss here! icon_cry.gif

Telli
Site Admin
Telli has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
Fav. Sports Team: Detroit Red Wings
1.06 posts per day

PM me a admin login with rights to the Forums I will have a look.

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee. Ezekiel 25:17
nicruisin
CZ Active Member
uk.gif
0.02 posts per day

PM Sent,

Thanks icon_biggrin.gif

#10   re: Can not change User Permissions - Tried all the fixes!
nicruisin
CZ Active Member
uk.gif
0.02 posts per day

Dunno if this helps but it does suggest there could be a problem:

[ Register or login to view links on this board.]

Thanks again icon_biggrin.gif

Add To: Del.icio.us  Digg  Google  Spurl  Blink  Furl  Y! MyWeb  
<< View previous topic View next topic >>

Jump to