Most ???_install.php files do not work

<< View previous topic View next topic >>
Share: Del.icio.us  Digg  Google  Spurl  Blink  Furl  Y! MyWeb  
#1   Most ???_install.php files do not work
Proxy
CZ Super Newbie
Proxy has been a member for over 19 year's 19 Year Member
0.00 posts per day

Ok I'm going to spend some time to be as specific as I can so that maybe someone obviously smarter than I can catch the problem.
I am using PhpNuke 7.5
I have the points system installed and working properly.
I have the cash mod installed and working properly.

Here is a list of mods I am trying to install.
1. Shop Mod
2. Lottery Mod
3. Bookie Mod
4. Barter Mod
5. Bank Mod

I have been trying for days to install these mods and I absolutly cannot do it for some reason. I have succesfully installed many mods and add-ons and hacks without any problems. I follow the installation procedures as best I can and still they do not work.

I will give you an example of a installation for one mod...

/***************************************************************************
* Installation
* 1. Create folder shop
* 2. Upload files
* /shop_install.php
* /shop.php
* /shop_bs.php
* /shop_effects.php
* /shop_actions.php
* /shop_inventory.php
* /admin/admin_shop.php
* /templates/*/shop_body.tpl
* /templates/*/shop_inventory_body.tpl
* /templates/*/admin/shop_config_body.tpl
* /shop_install.php
* /shop/images/icon_store_rpg.gif
* 2. Run shop_install.php then delete it.
* 3. Execute Steps Below
* 4. Read the FAQ!

Then below are the Open/Edit procedures.
Now I think maybe the problem is it doesnt tell me EXACTLY where to pull the files from to edit. Example: /shop_install.php <~~~that could be any directory.

Anyways after doing everything it asks, ON MOST of these installs it tells me to "run the whatever_install.php"

Now I am assuming that means to point the browser to //http://www.whatever.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=whatever_install//

I also tried to put the whatever_install.php file in the public_html directory and run it like..//http://www.whatever.com/whatever_install.php// and again diddnt work.

Most of the time I get this error....

Warning: main(./extension.inc): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/xxx/public_html/modules/Forums/bank_install.php on line 33

Warning: main(./extension.inc): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/xxx/public_html/modules/Forums/bank_install.php on line 33

Warning: main(): Failed opening './extension.inc' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/xxx/public_html/modules/Forums/bank_install.php on line 33

Warning: main(./common.): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/xxx/public_html/modules/Forums/bank_install.php on line 34

Warning: main(./common.): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/xxx/public_html/modules/Forums/bank_install.php on line 34

Warning: main(): Failed opening './common.' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/xxx/public_html/modules/Forums/bank_install.php on line 34

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: session_pagestart() in /home/xxx/public_html/modules/Forums/bank_install.php on line 39

All the others say the same thing, just change from bank_install.php to other mod...
And in case you want to see the bank_install.php if it might help here it is...

<?php
* bank_install.php
* -------------------
* Version : 1.5.0
* begin : Tuesday, December 17th, 2002
* released : Wednesday, December 18th, 2002
* last updated : Monday, June 30th, 2003
* email : [ Register or login to view links on this board. ]
***************************************************************************/

* copyright (C) 2002/2003 IcE-RaiN/Zarath
* This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or
* modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License
* as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2
* of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
* This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
* but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
* MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the
* GNU General Public License for more details.
* [ Register or login to view links on this board. ]
***************************************************************************/

define('IN_PHPBB', true);
$phpbb_root_path='./';
include($phpbb_root_path.'extension.inc'); // <~~~Line 33 //
include($phpbb_root_path.'common.'.$phpEx); // <~~~Line 34 //

//
// Start session management
//
$userdata = session_pagestart($user_ip, PAGE_INDEX); // <~~~Line 39 //
init_userprefs($userdata);
//
// End session management
//

if( !$userdata['session_logged_in'] )
{
header('Location: ' . append_sid("login.$phpEx?redirect=bank_install.$phpEx", true));
}

if( $userdata['user_level'] != ADMIN )
{
message_die(GENERAL_MESSAGE, $lang['Not_Authorised']);
}

if( !strstr($dbms, "mysql") )
{
if( !isset($bypass) )
{
$message = 'This mod has only been tested on MySQL and may only work on MySQL.<br />';
$message .= 'Click <a href="mod_install.php?bypass=true">here</a> to install anyways.';
message_die(GENERAL_MESSAGE, $message);
}
}

$sql = array();
$sql[] = "create table `phpbb_bank` (`id` INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT, `name` CHAR (50) NOT NULL, `holding` INT (20) UNSIGNED DEFAULT '0', `totalwithdrew` INT (20) UNSIGNED DEFAULT '0', `totaldeposit` INT (20) UNSIGNED DEFAULT '0', `opentime` INT (20) UNSIGNED NOT NULL, `fees` CHAR (32) NOT NULL DEFAULT 'on', PRIMARY KEY(`id`), INDEX(`name`))";
$sql[] = "insert into " . CONFIG_TABLE . " (config_name, config_value) values ('bankinterest', '2')";
$sql[] = "insert into " . CONFIG_TABLE . " (config_name, config_value) values ('bankfees', '2')";
$sql[] = "insert into " . CONFIG_TABLE . " (config_name, config_value) values ('bankpayouttime', '0')";
$sql[] = "insert into " . CONFIG_TABLE . " (config_name, config_value) values ('bankname', 'Forums Bank')";
$sql[] = "insert into " . CONFIG_TABLE . " (config_name, config_value) values ('bankopened', 'off')";
$sql[] = "insert into " . CONFIG_TABLE . " (config_name, config_value) values ('bankholdings', '0')";
$sql[] = "insert into " . CONFIG_TABLE . " (config_name, config_value) values ('banktotaldeposits', '0')";
$sql[] = "insert into " . CONFIG_TABLE . " (config_name, config_value) values ('banktotalwithdrew', '0')";
$sql[] = "insert into " . CONFIG_TABLE . " (config_name, config_value) values ('banklastrestocked', '0')";

$sql_count = count($sql);

echo "<html>\n";
echo "<body>\n";

for($i = 0; $i < $sql_count; $i++)
{
echo "Running :: " . $sql[$i];
flush();

if ( !$db->sql_query($sql[$i]) )
{
$errored = true;
$error = $db->sql_error();
echo " -> FAILED ---> " . $error['message'] . "<br /><br />\n\n";
}
else
{
echo " -> COMPLETED<br /><br />\n\n";
}
}

if( $errored )
{
$message = "Some of the querys have failed, contact me so I can fix the errors.";
}
else
{
$message = "The table have been edited successfully. You can now delete this file.";
}

echo "\n<br />\nFinished!<br />\n";
echo $message . "<br />\n";
echo "</body>\n";
echo "</html>\n";
exit();

?>

Thats pretty much it, on all 5 of those mods, they all ask to use the whatever_)install.php
and everytime they give me that error.

Does anyone have ANY ideas? I have been trying to add these mods since my last post, which was a while ago. It really gets to drag when you stare at the screen waiting for an answer to present itself.

Many Thanks in advance
Thank You, Proxy

Back to top Reply with quote
Telli
Site Admin
Telli has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
Fav. Sports Team: Detroit Red Wings
1.06 posts per day

It looks like to me your using unported mods. They are not meant for use in Nuke unless they are ported over. There are many of those already ported try searching the downloads.

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee. Ezekiel 25:17
Back to top Reply with quote
Add To: Del.icio.us  Digg  Google  Spurl  Blink  Furl  Y! MyWeb  
<< View previous topic View next topic >>

Jump to