Share: Del.icio.us  Digg  Google  Spurl  Blink  Furl  Y! MyWeb  
#1   Question for telli, kelly, or redhot please
RedWolf111
CZ Addict
RedWolf111 has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
usa.gif wisconsin.gif
0.08 posts per day

Hi,

The question is for any of you since you are the creators of the halloween V2 theme. Was wondering if you released it for download by others without them asking first? The reason why is I found a site that is offering my new theme that is barely a week old, and they are also offering a bunch from here too. I would post the url in here but i hate to promote a site that is doing such things. If you want me to post the url I can....but only if asked to.

What steps can I also take to get them to take my download down? My main problem is I do not speak Turkish and the site is a phpnuke site for Turkey.

RedWolf

P.S. I have no problem with people wanting to offer my themes on their sites....but people need to ask first... icon_rolleyes.gif

P.S.S. The halloween V2 was first offered on that site on 9-10-04

I think that one was available by them before you wanted it to be available elsewhere i would think.

Telli
Site Admin
Telli has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
Fav. Sports Team: Detroit Red Wings
1.06 posts per day

Go ahead and post thier url I don't mind. Who knows maybe some of the users will spam his board?? icon_twisted.gif

I got used to people scamming and ripping long ago thats why much of the new stuff is going to be commercial if they want it they will have to pay end of story.

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee. Ezekiel 25:17
Back to top Reply with quote
#3   re: Question for telli, kelly, or redhot please
RedWolf111
CZ Addict
usa.gif wisconsin.gif
0.08 posts per day

Here ya go people...Maybe if somebody speaks Turkish, they might find other things not supposed to be there as well..maybe even some of your own work.

[ Register or login to view links on this board. ]

icon_twisted.gif icon_twisted.gif

RedWolf

RedWolf111
CZ Addict
usa.gif wisconsin.gif
0.08 posts per day

Originally posted by Telli @ Tue Nov 30, 2004 1:53 am:

I got used to people scamming and ripping long ago thats why much of the new stuff is going to be commercial if they want it they will have to pay end of story.

That does sound like a good idea Telli. The majority of sites that offer themes that they make are limiting the free themes drastically. I even seen a commercial one the other day being offered at another site for free. Dont worry, it wasnt from CZ. Yet this unethical trend of some sites holds the answer to the new phpnuke user's question of "When is the next free theme going to be released?". Even the amount of blocks and modules being released by the nuke community seems to have decreased within the last 6 months..wonder why?.. icon_sad.gif

So Please support the sites that actually put their hard work into the things you use on your own sites.

RedWolf

#5   re: Question for telli, kelly, or redhot please
RedWolf111
CZ Addict
usa.gif wisconsin.gif
0.08 posts per day

UPDATE*** If it matters to anybody...lol. After a post on their forum site was up for almost 2 days and several messages sent to the admin of that site, and even a hack attempt from a IP from a Turkey based internet provider, My themes are removed from that site finally. So I guess it shows that persistance paid off in this case...lol.

RedWolf

P.S. And to think all of this situation would have been avoided by doing something simple and polite like them asking permission. icon_rolleyes.gif

Telli
Site Admin
Telli has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
Fav. Sports Team: Detroit Red Wings
1.06 posts per day

Another prime example of someone who is fed up...

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee. Ezekiel 25:17
RedWolf111
CZ Addict
usa.gif wisconsin.gif
0.08 posts per day

Originally posted by Telli @ Wed Dec 01, 2004 2:50 pm:

Another prime example of someone who is fed up...

yeah I know. I was shocked when I read that news about Mikey, although everybody has a breaking point when things get taken too often. I even feel kinda bad on one way, cuz right before that I informed him of a site that was giving away one of his custom themes for free. The nerve of some people is just sickening. It seems like there is more people stealing stuff than actually creating things lately. Just imagine how much more phpnuke might have grown if everybody could be respectful to others. New phpnuke users would have a bigger choice of free themes also. More modules, more blocks, more add-ons...you all get the point..lol.

RedWolf

P.S. Because of Mikey, I learned how to create themes with his theme tutorial. I do not know him personally, yet owe him a huge thanks for my knowledge concerning themes.

#8   re: Question for telli, kelly, or redhot please
Kelly_Hero
PayPal Donation
CZ Revered Member
 Codezwiz Site Donator
Kelly_Hero has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
usa.gif southcarolina.gif
0.50 posts per day

I for one am very sad to see it come down to this. Mikey has truly been an inspiration to alot of us, and alot of us know how he feels.

They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Whoever said that must not have ever had his/her hard work ripped, copied or stolen.

#9   re: Question for telli, kelly, or redhot please
echo
CZ Wiz
 Codezwiz Site Donator
echo has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
0.15 posts per day

I spoke with him not long ago, and he informed me this would happen soon. There's a farewell thread going on in his forums right now, most people are showing their respect and appreciation for everything he has done for the community...some are flaming... -sigh-
In my book he leaves with class and distinction, and will not be forgotten.

Add To: Del.icio.us  Digg  Google  Spurl  Blink  Furl  Y! MyWeb  
<< View previous topic View next topic >>

Jump to