Share: Del.icio.us  Digg  Google  Spurl  Blink  Furl  Y! MyWeb  
#1   New Rank mod problem
Dauthus
CZ Addict
 Codezwiz Site Donator
Dauthus has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
usa.gif illinois.gif
0.06 posts per day

I have the new rank mod installed and it worked up until a little while ago. Here are the problems I am having.

1. Updating the rank in the admin portion of the forums, specifically the user management, does not update the database. I can change the the rank in the drop down menu, and when I click on update, the page refreshes the way it is supposed to, but when I return to the user, the rank has not updated.

2. If I don't assign any special rank to the first rank, and try and assign a second rank, the first rank disappears. The only way a rank will show up when using the second rank is if BOTH ranks are special ranks.

Has anyone run into this, and can anyone possilby take a look at the problem and recommend a fix?

Site is here: [ Register or login to view links on this board. ]

Telli
Site Admin
Telli has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
Fav. Sports Team: Detroit Red Wings
1.06 posts per day

Sounds like in the update sql your missing something try editing something else in there account and see if that holds when you come back to the page.

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee. Ezekiel 25:17
Back to top Reply with quote
#3   re: New Rank mod problem
Dauthus
CZ Addict
 Codezwiz Site Donator
usa.gif illinois.gif
0.06 posts per day

Good catch. I tried updating simple stuff like the location and that doesn't work either. Any suggestions?

Edit: The other portions of the site seem to be working fine. And if the changes are updated manually into the database via phpmyadmin everything works. I just seem to have lost the ability to update the database through the admin_users.php file.

Telli
Site Admin
1.06 posts per day

Attach the admin_users.php. So the user profile works ok then?

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee. Ezekiel 25:17
Dauthus
CZ Addict
 Codezwiz Site Donator
usa.gif illinois.gif
0.06 posts per day

Originally posted by Telli @ Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:47 pm:

Attach the admin_users.php. So the user profile works ok then?

Sure does. Works with no problem.

Here is the attached admin_users.php

Attached Files
admin_users.zip (13.36 KB, Downloaded: 5233 Time(s))

Telli
Site Admin
1.06 posts per day

Try this one...

Attached Files
dauthus.zip (13.38 KB, Downloaded: 5235 Time(s))

#7   re: New Rank mod problem
Dauthus
CZ Addict
 Codezwiz Site Donator
usa.gif illinois.gif
0.06 posts per day

Loaded it, now the "Something is wrong in the Big Querie!" text appears at the top of the page. No change in saving obviously.

Telli
Site Admin
1.06 posts per day

Ok do you still have these mods installed?

user_from_flag = '$user_flag', user_interests = '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $interests) . "', user_response = '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $auto_response) . "', user_response_bbcode_uid = '$auto_response_bbcode_uid', user_response_on ='$auto_response_on', user_allow_response ='$allow_response'

And these have you verified that this field is there?

user_rank2 ='$user_rank2', user_rank='$user_rank'

Telli
Site Admin
1.06 posts per day

Try this one and see what error it returns.

Attached Files
dauth.zip (13.51 KB, Downloaded: 5232 Time(s))

#10   re: New Rank mod problem
Dauthus
CZ Addict
 Codezwiz Site Donator
usa.gif illinois.gif
0.06 posts per day

Yea, both the flag and auto response mods are still there and working.

Both the rank2 and rank files are there. What's wierd is they used to work, and I modified my own account using the admin_user.php file in the forum admin when I set each up. Now, for some reason they don't work.

This is the error:

Something is wrong in the Big Querie!You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'WHERE user_id = 2' at line 1

Here's the line of text, I think:

$sql = "UPDATE " . USERS_TABLE . " SET " . $username_sql . $passwd_sql . "user_email = '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $email) . "', user_icq = '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $icq) . "', user_website = '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $website) . "', user_occ = '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $occupation) . "', user_from = '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $location) . "', user_from_flag = '$user_flag', user_interests = '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $interests) . "', user_response = '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $auto_response) . "', user_response_bbcode_uid = '$auto_response_bbcode_uid', user_response_on ='$auto_response_on', user_allow_response ='$allow_response', user_sig = '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $signature) . "', user_viewemail ='$viewemail', user_aim = '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $aim) . "', user_yim = '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $yim) . "', user_msnm = '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $msn) . "', user_attachsig = $attachsig, user_sig_bbcode_uid = '$signature_bbcode_uid', user_allowsmile ='$allowsmilies', user_allowhtml ='$allowhtml', user_allowavatar ='$user_allowavatar', user_allowbbcode ='$allowbbcode', user_allow_viewonline ='$allowviewonline', user_notify ='$notifyreply', user_allow_pm ='$user_allowpm', user_notify_pm ='$notifypm', user_popup_pm ='$popuppm', user_lang ='" . str_replace("\'", "''", $user_lang) . "', user_style ='$user_style', user_timezone ='$user_timezone', user_dateformat = '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $user_dateformat) . "', user_active ='$user_status', user_rank2 ='$user_rank2', user_rank='$user_rank', " . $avatar_sql . " WHERE user_id = $user_id";
                    if (!$result = $db->sql_query($sql)) {
                        echo "Something is wrong in the Big Querie!";
                        die(mysql_error());
                    }

Add To: Del.icio.us  Digg  Google  Spurl  Blink  Furl  Y! MyWeb  
<< View previous topic View next topic >>

Jump to