<< View previous topic View next topic >>
Share: Del.icio.us  Digg  Google  Spurl  Blink  Furl  Y! MyWeb  
#1   Help phpMyAdmin new install,cann't login
CoreWarrior
CZ Newbie
CoreWarrior has been a member for over 19 year's 19 Year Member
usa.gif michigan.gif
0.00 posts per day

I have spent several hours last night and today searching the forums and google searching for an answer to my problem with this installation of phpMyAdmin.The password and/or user name does not work.I need to install phpMyAdmin so I can access mysql for a game server Stats DB.The program I will use is utstatsdb-2.21 for UT2004 Server at icon_arrow.gif 64.94.238.229:7777.I rent the server from a on-line server rental and it comes with a free web site complete with PHP-Nuke and MySQL Database.The web site works OK and I have no problem logging in from browser or [ Register or login to view links on this board. ] just cann't get phpMyAdmin to let me in.
I have uploaded phpMyAdmin-2.6.0-pl3 via FTP to my Web Server.I am using PHP-nuke Version 7.4 with SQL version 3.0
The Website is up and running.I have no problem logging in under the super admin account to access the Administration interface on the web site..I have configured config.inc.php and when I navigate to [ Register or login to view links on this board. ] the user and password box appears.The user name and password I enter is not accepted and the message 'Wrong user name/password. Access denied.'is displayed on the 'Welcome to phpMyAdmin 2.6.0-pl3 window'.I have tried setting up both the user and password with auth_type config,http and cookie.None of my passwords or user names work.What do I need to do to get the user and password accepted?I have replaced the real user name and password with the fake ones shown below in the section of config.inc.php I have pasted below.The first time I configured config.inc.php and ran it with auth_type of config,I received the error shown here
'MySQL said:#2013 - lost connection to MySQL server during query'phpMyAdmin tried to connect to the MySQL server,and the server rejected the connection.You should check the host,user name and password in config.inc.php and make sure that they correspond to the information given by the administrator of the MySQL server'
Do I need to create a new user account in order to log into the phpmyadmin?or am can I use the user and password supplied in the config.php file?

$cfg['Servers'][$i]['host'] = 'localhost'; // MySQL hostname or IP address
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['controluser'] = 'user'; // MySQL control user settings
// (this user must have read-only
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['controlpass'] = 'password';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['auth_type'] = 'http'; // Authentication method (config, http or cookie based)?
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['user'] = 'user'; // MySQL user
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['password'] = 'password';

OK that's it,Thank you.
CoreWarrior

Back to top Reply with quote
Telli
Site Admin
Telli has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
Fav. Sports Team: Detroit Red Wings
1.06 posts per day

Are you running the phpmyadmin as root or as a user. There should be separate settings for both.

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee. Ezekiel 25:17
#3   re: Help phpMyAdmin new install,cann't login
CoreWarrior
CZ Newbie
CoreWarrior has been a member for over 19 year's 19 Year Member
usa.gif michigan.gif
0.00 posts per day

Telli,I'm not sure.The only person with a Admin account on my personal web site is me.I guess I am using a root account.
My host,a game server rentals,does not allow direct access to mySQL using telnet/SSH.This is all fairly new stuff for me.From my phpMyAdmin interface at the top of the menu under the label 'MySQL' it says 'Create new database:?No Privileges.
under that is option 'Databases' I cac create databases from there.
With some help from my host I was able to finally get authenticated by phpMyAdmin by using Auth_Type=cookie with Blowfish_Secret Password and connection method=socket instead of tcp.Oh and instead of using my web sites URL for 'MySQL hostname' I used 'localhost'
These are the setting that allowed me access to phpMyAdmin
Thank you
$i++;
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['host'] = 'localhost'; // MySQL hostname or IP address
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['port'] = ''; // MySQL port - leave blank for default port
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['socket'] = ''; // Path to the socket - leave blank for default socket
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['connect_type'] = 'socket'; // How to connect to MySQL server ('tcp' or 'socket')
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['extension'] = 'mysql'; // The php MySQL extension to use ('mysql' or 'mysqli')
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['compress'] = FALSE; // Use compressed protocol for the MySQL connection
// (requires PHP >= 4.3.0)
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['controluser'] = 'ua'; // MySQL control user settings
// (this user must have read-only
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['controlpass'] = '***********'; // access to the "mysql/user"
// and "mysql/db" tables).
// The controluser is also
// used for all relational
// features (pmadb)
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['auth_type'] = 'cookie'; Authentication method (config, http or cookie based)?

In the near future I plan on making some time to install PHP,MySQL,php-nuke and phpMyAdmin on a machine here at my house to get a better understanding of this software.
Thanks,

Add To: Del.icio.us  Digg  Google  Spurl  Blink  Furl  Y! MyWeb  
<< View previous topic View next topic >>

Jump to