lotta_smilies pack add-on help, extract files - how to?

<< View previous topic View next topic >>
Share: Del.icio.us  Digg  Google  Spurl  Blink  Furl  Y! MyWeb  
#1   lotta_smilies pack add-on help, extract files - how to?
ghostofwolf
CZ Newbie
ghostofwolf has been a member for over 19 year's 19 Year Member
0.00 posts per day

Hi guys
i downloaded the lotta_smilies.zip file from the downloads section but am having a few probs with the readme.

When i downloaded the zip file i unzipped it to gain access to the readme file, what i wasnt expecting was the 650 smilies not unzipping into a folder icon_smile.gif

anyways i created a folder and inserted all 650 smilies into it, i then read the readme file which said the following:

1) Upload 'lottasmiles.zip' file to your 'modules/Forums/images/smiles' folder.
2) Then extract the files.
3) Now login to your PHP-Nuke admin menu, then click the "Forums" icon.
4) Next, click on the 'Smilies' link in the forums Administration column(it's under the "General Admin" heading)
5) At the bottom of the smilies list, click on the "Import Smiley Pack" button.
6) Then on the line that says "Choose a Smile Pack .pak file", click the 'down-arrow' & select 'lotta_smilies.pak' from the list.
(Note: it's up to you if you wanna select "Delete existing smileys before import", DON'T BOTHER ME if you delete all your existing smilies) Also, you may wanna make up your mind for 'what should be done in case of conflicts', I chose to "Replace Existing Smileys" BUT you may want to "Keep Existing Smileys". AGAIN, DON'T BOTHER ME IF A SMILEY YOU WANTED TO KEEP GET'S DELETED.
7) Now, you can click the "Import Smileys" button. If all goes well, it will import all 630 new smilies to you forums emoticons list.

So armed with this i did step 1 (uploaded the zip file to the stated folder via ftp)
Step 2 is the one i dont understand. I use SmartFTP and dont see a command anywhere to extract the files. I can Execute files - but all that does is ask me where on my computer do i want to download the files to.

This is probably a really simple solution - but how do i extract/unzip files through FTP?
Until i complete step 2 i cant import the new smilie pack.

P.S i already tried renaming the unzipped folder (containing all the images) to lotta_smilies.pak then uploading it into the forum/images/smilie folder - but that didnt do anything. In the forum admin under smilies, when i click the drop down box all i get is:
Select Pack (.pak) File

Any help with completing step2 of the readme would be much apreciated.
sorry if this post sounds really noobish icon_smile.gif

thanx
darren

Back to top Reply with quote
#2   re: lotta_smilies pack add-on help, extract files - how to?
Taut
PayPal Donation
CZ Revered Member
 Codezwiz Site Donator
Taut has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
usa.gif california.gif
Fav. Sports Team: SF Giants
0.72 posts per day

I think that was just a mistake. All you really need is the .pak file so it can be uploaded easily

#3   re: lotta_smilies pack add-on help, extract files - how to?
Kelly_Hero
PayPal Donation
CZ Revered Member
 Codezwiz Site Donator
Kelly_Hero has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
usa.gif southcarolina.gif
0.50 posts per day

It looks like the creator of that smiley pack forgot to include the .pak file in the .zip. Unfortunately, that smiley pack wasn't created by CZ, so you'll need to contact the creator if you want to use it.

#4   re: lotta_smilies pack add-on help, extract files - how to?
echo
CZ Wiz
 Codezwiz Site Donator
echo has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
0.15 posts per day

Excuse me ladies,( I'm not trying to hijack this thread ) icon_wink.gif I just downloaded that zip file and decompressed it into a folder on my desktop, then uploaded all the smilies to: modules/Forums/images/smilies. After that was finished I went into my Nuke forum admin panel and clicked on "smilies" under the " General Admin" section on the left and then clicked "Import Smilie Pack" on the bottom of the smilie images section, then where it says" Choose a Smile Pack .pak file" I hit the dropdown and choose "lotta_smilies.pak" It installed all the smilies after doing it this way.

It's funny because this is the first time I have ever added smilies like this, I usually add them manually which takes much longer, especially with this many smilies. You all helped me to find an easier softer way of adding smilies icon_cool.gif

#5   re: lotta_smilies pack add-on help, extract files - how to?
Kelly_Hero
PayPal Donation
CZ Revered Member
 Codezwiz Site Donator
Kelly_Hero has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
usa.gif southcarolina.gif
0.50 posts per day

Ahhhhh...What would we do without Jim to come to our rescue? OK...so the file needs to be extracted before uploading to the smilies folder? That makes sense then.

I unzipped them to a folder on my desktop but I didn't see a .pak file so I thought that might be the problem. That's what I get for not following it all the way through. icon_neutral.gif

Add To: Del.icio.us  Digg  Google  Spurl  Blink  Furl  Y! MyWeb  
<< View previous topic View next topic >>

Jump to